Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Santana doing well with TC, and other weak armed QBs

2006Skins

I love 'Tana. I have been the biggest fan of his since his 2 tds to beat Dallas. But I have to ask...

Why is he only doing well in his career with weaker armed qbs.

In NY, he had Pennington

First 2 years in Was, Brunell

For the last season + he had Campbell, who has a very strong arm (has played poorly)

Now that Collins is in, he's playing well again. Should we assume that if you have 'Tana on your team, he can't have a qb with a rocket arm? Or is this a coincidence?

:dallasuck

campbell throws the ball way too hard, santana cant handle that.

only person to click with the hard throwing campbell is cooley, mcardell, and randle el.

Randle els production fell when collins came in, maybe el is anti soft throws.

Maybe...

For those who have played receiver, is this something that is common and/or can be worked out with time.

I do think that 'Tana and Campbell need to work on their chemistry with some time this offseason.

TC has touch JC relies on arm strength. TC throws to a spot JC waits a little too long and drills the ball in there. No secret a ball being drilled to a receiver is harder to catch. Another thing TC does is keep the ball up high all the way through the throwing motion and JC starts almost at his hip. TC also was an NFL QB when JC was still in Junior High. JC is the future but I think this team needs to "stay the course" with TC until next season. JC needs to watch and learn.

Archived