Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

jc learning from tc

Stone Cold

collins is a good QB but it did take him 10 years to learn this.

campbell should study and hes a hard worker he can do it.

i really want collins to be jasons QB coach.

Maybe we can keep Jason on the bench for another 7 years. Todd proved you don't have to play to progress.

Too bad you like your QB's microwaveable. I have a little more patience for someone as promising as Jason is to develop in what is one of the most complex professional sports positions I can think of.

If anything, Todd Collins is himself proof of the effect that time and preparation have on development of a QB.

QFT! I've been saying that the offense works. It worked in KC, but it's a difficult offense. It takes a while for a QB to really come into the fold as what Brady and Manning did. Brady wasn't lighting up the league until the '04 season, and he still wasn't putting up spectacular numbers. Manning wasn't doing it either until Dungy got there. Mora had really one good season with Manning, and that was in '99, but the focal point of their offense was Edge. So I'm with redman on this one, let's be patient with the young'n.

Its not Al's fault if JC never gets it. JC isnt the caliber QB that you build around. Why build a team around a mediocore QB? Its starting to look like JC has been wasting everybody else's time.

Please say your joking.....

JC is a young guy who is learning by playing. Look at what Troy Aikman did his first years before he started to get it. Aikman sucked for about 3-4 seasons before he kicked it in gear.

You have a pretty quick hook for JC considering he has played only 20 or so games. It seems to me that you have an expectations management problem.

Even though Todd is playing out of his mind (or maybe he's using his mind), and potentially getting us to the playoffs, I'm worried about our young QB missing out on some good experience.

My hope is that JC is watching this and taking notes and highlighting the fact that TC has only turned the ball over once (correct me if i'm wrong).

Ball security/Interceptions are the worst part of Campbell's game and I sincerely hope he's using this time out and turning it into a positive.

Someone can tell you something all day, but until you see it demonstrated you might not get it. I hope JC is this kind of learner. We all love JC but he could learn a thing or two from the guy who hasn't thrown an INT in 10 years. (Yeah i know he didn't throw a pass in most of those years either.)

I said a few weeks ago when Campbell went down that I thought he would benefit greatly from watchin Collins run the offense the way Saunders ment it to be run with more of the playbook being used. I also said that Campbell should be the QB when healthy if we somehow happened to make the playoffs. With the way collins is playing I might have to rethink that depending on the next game or two. I do feel strongly that we are not a superbowl caliber team and that our future lies with Campbell and he would benefit from some playoff experieince. Also it will be different when Collins faces the better defenses if we happen to make the playoffs.

Todd is playing the Mark Brunell role perfectly. Just manage the game and let the talent go to work. The other 10 men have stepped up and delivered for him. I thought the patchwork offensive line would be Collins undoing but they've given him time to be exactly what Joe Gibbs needs and truthfully prefers in his offense. The fact that he's been with Al Saunders forever and a day makes Al supremely confident in calling plays. Al gets his field general and Joe gets his cautionary operations. Perfect match. Todd is too old to be the future but he and Brunell together have been strong examples for Jason.

Not ready to give up 2007, but can't wait to see Jason in 2008.

I'm sure Campbell is learning and digesting everything as well. He apparently was on the 980 Sports post-game radio show last night but I missed it. Anyone have a recap?

I think us fans need to rethink the Gibbs montra, "We're all in this together." Must be nice to have all this depth at QB, WR, OL, and other spots, to play with heart despite the tragedy and all the injuries, and not have your team quit. We laughed but Gibbs repeatedly said this line so the team would stay together and not point fingers during adversity and now look? It's all about character. This is the team and type of players Gibbs has obtained. With some of the guys we had in the past this wouldn't have happened. To me, that's why guys like TO, Chad Johnson, and others wouldn't be on this team. Gibbs should be a candidate for Coach of the Year.

Archived