Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brad Johnson scares me

CliffBattles

i am always very scared. but dallas is a very good team. they have talent all over that roster. they will play very hard and would like nothing more than to get us out of the playoffs.

Our starting corners in the game will likely be Nate Jones and Jacques Reeves/Alan Ball. And by halftime, Courtney Brown will likely replace Ken Hamlin, and Keith Davis will likely get some work at SS.

Reeves isn't great, but with the injuries Newman and Henry have had this year, he's done a servicable job. But Jones, OTOH, is AWEFUL in coverage. Personally, I would love to see what Ball and Brown bring to the table.

With that being said, I think BJ will be fine even sans Owens, but you guys should be able to score a number of pts with our backup secondary.:2cents:

Guest ComebackKing

I'm more scared of aliens coming and abducting me and not allowing me access to the game on Sunday than of Brad "I've been riding the pine for over a year and a half cuz I suck" Johnson.

His better days are definitely behind him and for good reason, isn't he 40 now or darn near close? RETIRE MAN, RETIRE. Anyone who's scared of Brad Johnson didn't watch last Sunday nights game.

I'm more scared of aliens coming and abducting me and not allowing me access to the game on Sunday than of Brad "I've been riding the pine for over a year and a half cuz I suck" Johnson.

His better days are definitely behind him and for good reason, isn't he 40 now or darn near close? RETIRE MAN, RETIRE. Anyone who's scared of Brad Johnson didn't watch last Sunday nights game.

ive enjoyed reading these posts, many good points made. if dallas plays mostly backups the redskins would win a close match. why close? brad johnson, he is a mediocre non mobile q.b. who can wear down the skins defense and stop their blitzing with screens and play action passes. skins fans seem to overlook terry glenn and stanback who will really stretch the field and force the skins to play zone. on the other hand the skins will play all out, trick plays, 4th and short,portis passes etc. they have nothing to lose and must play smack mouth ball, they will attack, dallas knows this and will blitz collins like he hasnt seen, the skins coaches do not know the tendencies of the cowboys backups, bobby carpenter,tank johnson etc. this will be a tough game, but when **** hits the fan collins or johnson will throw the game away. ill take skins 24-17

I understand the "Brad Johnson Fear Factor". He has plenty of reason to beat us as team that once let him go. However, I think he got his revenge last year and is really on the downside of his career. I'm not overlooking him, but facing him instead of a red-hot Romo sits to pee is an easy choice to make.

A similar case can be attempted by comparing Collins to Johnson, in that they'd be replacing the accepted starter. However, as much as we like Campbell, he was not lighting it up anyway near as much as Romo sits to pee. Arguably he was cold and at many time ineffective. The two cases aren't the same.

i am always very scared. but dallas is a very good team. they have talent all over that roster. they will play very hard and would like nothing more than to get us out of the playoffs.

Agreed. I think that people are underestimating the fact that they would love to keep us out of the playoffs. Sure, they are resting some starters, but that doesn't mean that the second/third stringers won't come in fired up. Lets face it, if you are a second/third string player, why wouldn't you play your heart out against a divisional rival who needs a win to make the playoffs?

Anyone who thinks they are going to roll over is a ****ing retard. Put the Skins in their shoes. You think our team would just play dead after they got hit a few times? Hell no, our bench would want to smack them back. They are basically proving their worth on the roster a la preseason game.

That being said:

Skins 23-Cow****s 17:dallasuck

Come on guys. With Landry playing center field, you actually think they can complete anything long?

Do you really believe that brad johnson has enough arm strength to beat LL to the receiver?? Hell no!!!

Plus, Brad has no mobility whatsoever. When he sees guys coming, he goes down. He can't improvise like Romo sits to pee can. I think we can do it.

this is pretty funny, do you think they can complete anything long, ask that same question after the game. true t.o. wont be playing,and that is a big deal for the skins fans it seems. but believe me terry glenn will test you deep and early, crayton may not do much over 20 yards, neither will austin or hurd but if glenn comes, out they have a 6-5 speedster in stanback who theyve been looking for a chance to play. im not sure that johnson can throw long still, but Romo sits to pee should play the first half, and the redskins so far this year havent shown anyone they can stop anything long. dallas also has a weak secondary right now with newman injured etc. so this could actually be a high scoring game as neither team can run against each other. i believe that the skins are playing their best ball of the year right now and they have many backups playing, dallas also has some very good backups, if johnson can do his job the rest of the team will be okay. also dallas did not blitz collins after he relieved campbell, he will face the same pressure this time that johnson will face.

Brad Johnson has kicked our ass every time he's come here. He's batting 1.000. We should damn well be scared. We should be very scared.

Not true. He was the starting QB for TB in '04, and we kicked his ass all day. We'll do it again on Sunday.

I love what Brad brought to this team in '99, but what I always disliked about him is that whenever things went wrong, he NEVER took any responsibility whatsoever. He always blamed others or the team as a whole. I always had a problem with that, even when he was on the team. Still, Snyder did not treat him right at the end. He probably has a reason to hold a grudge, but it's time for that no longer to matter to us.

Archived