Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Paul Money Bomb Raises over Half a Million in First Hour

freakofthesouth

Never mind the source; this is just reporting on specific figures, and I feel like it's very significant.

http://www.truthnews.us/?p=1292

Ron Paul Money Bomb Raises over Half a Million in First Hour

Kurt Nimmo

TruthNews

December 15, 2007

Beating all expectations, as of midnight EST, December 15, the Ron Paul campaign raised nearly $12 million during its “Boston Tea Party” fund raiser organized by Trevor Lyman. Remarkably, in a 20 minute period earlier this evening, donations exceeded $250,000, a truly astronomical achievement for a candidate the corporate media consistently ranks as “second tier” and hardly worthy of mention. At the present rate, it is entirely possible the Ron Paul campaign will raise over $20 million by the end of the quarter ending on December 31.

“Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul has a very good shot at topping 20 million for the quarter. In fact it could happen by the weekend,” Larry Fester wrote for USA Daily on December 13. “Paul may raise between 8-10 million dollars this Sunday making it by far the largest single fund raising day in presidential history. Ron Paul has already raised 11.4 million dollars this quarter.” In fact, as of Saturday, he has surpassed this predicted milestone. “Considering that Hillary Clinton raised about 22 million in the third quarter Sunday should make it painfully obvious how good Paul’s odds are of winning the GOP nomination.”

“While the bookmakers say it is odds on that Ron Paul will break his own record for online donations in one day, the extremely short odds they give on the $10 million barrier being broken are very encouraging for the campaign,” Steve Watson wrote on December 13. “Betting odds on how much money Ron Paul’s campaign will raise in one day this Sunday suggest that bookies believe the Congressman could easily break the $10 million mark and stun his constant detractors by raising close to $20 million in the fourth quarter.”

Back on November 5th, Dr. Paul’s grassroots campaign raised over $4.3, bringing the total to an appreciable $6 million, destroying John Kerry’s all time record. “Money that pulls in money. It’s like cold fusion for campaign finance. The question: Can this reaction sustain itself for more than a day?” asked Tim Dickenson on November 6, the day after Paul’s fantastic numbers made it impossible for the corporate media to ignore his success.

It will certainly be interesting to see how the corporate media attempts to spin Ron Paul’s record-breaking numbers.

BTW, here's the counter:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

I've never seen anything like it.

I know I'll be keeping an eye on it all day before the game tonight. I remember when I first saw that the goal for Dec. 31 was $12 Million and thinking to myself there is no way he raises that much.

That was before this whole money bomb phenomenon. It's comforting to know that he is in it until the end and is in no danger of having to call it quits anytime soon. After seeing all the press on Huckabee for a surge in the polls, just imagine if Paul beats him in Iowa and has double the money he does.

Really? Historically, these polls have been pretty damn accurate.

I agree, in the past they were OK. But the methodologies havnt evolved with the times in the past 4 yrs. They dont have an efficient way of capturing changes in demographics and technology yet.

I think they are actually trying to adjust some now, but still lagging. I dont think that they are purposely following a flawed methodology, but are just slow on the draw this cycle.

I agree, in the past they were OK. But the methodologies havnt evolved with the times in the past 4 yrs. They dont have an efficient way of capturing changes in demographics and technology yet.

I think they are actually trying to adjust some now, but still lagging. I dont think that they are purposely following a flawed methodology, but are just slow on the draw this cycle.

So Let me ask you SS. IF the polls turn out to be accurate (As I think they are). And after NH, Iowa and Carlonia it turns out Paul gets the same % of votes as the Polls predict - Will you then agree that he should give up the race since he can't win?

Im just curious - What would it take for you to belive that Paul can't win the race.

(Since I know you will ask me the same question in reverse, I'll answer it. I'll belive that Paul has a chance if he outrights wins eaither NH, SC, or Iowa and it turns out the polls completly missed it.)

So Let me ask you SS. IF the polls turn out to be accurate (As I think they are). And after NH, Iowa and Carlonia it turns out Paul gets the same % of votes as the Polls predict - Will you then agree that he should give up the race since he can't win?

Im just curious - What would it take for you to belive that Paul can't win the race.

(Since I know you will ask me the same question in reverse, I'll answer it. I'll belive that Paul has a chance if he outrights wins eaither NH, SC, or Iowa and it turns out the polls completly missed it.)

Good question!

Personally, I think that he could win the general election with a strong 3rd in each of the main primary/caucus states. Third would keep a strong showing while still pushing the mudslinging focus on others (IMHO)

To me, even if it appears that he cant win by conventional metrics, I will still hold out hope that enough non-traditional votes could push him ahead.

Either way, this is really fun to watch and exciting to see the other candidates adopt many of his positions now!

The money he's raised are from folks who support him unconditionally. It's not about, 'well, I would vote for him, but he has no chance of winning.' This is a common statement, and I just think that's sad. If you support a candidate, support a candidate, regardless of what he is polling.

I'm not saying there is a total conspiracy, but there have been certain things that have happened that show RP is not getting the press that he may well deserve. By 'deserve,' I mean when Tim Russert has a show called 'Meet the Candidates,' and he interviews everyone EXCEPT for RP, that's ridiculous. It can also be seen when Glen Beck posts a poll of presidential candidates, and RP doesn't even make the list (Alan Keyes was there, BTW). Call it whatever you want, but these situations are clearly negligent on the part of the media.

Archived