Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFCE Biggest Draft Busts

pointyfootball

Hilliard, Petitgout, and Shockey do not belong on that list as busts. And it is too early to say that Manning is a bust. He may not have eye popping numbers but he is about to go 3 for 3 as a starter and making the playoffs.

Edited: If you want to think about busts for the New York Giants, you need to look no further than the initials D.B. Twice!

Dave Brown

Derek Brown

']Hilliard' date=' Petitgout, and Shockey do not belong on that list as busts. And it is too early to say that Manning is a bust. He may not have eye popping numbers but he is about to go 3 for 3 as a starter and making the playoffs.

Edited: If you want to think about busts for the New York Giants, you need to look no further than the initials D.B. Twice!

Dave Brown

Derek Brown[/quote']Come on. You really aren't that dumb?

That is the list of all 1st rounders. :doh:

Thought it'd be fun to rate the worst draft picks for each NFC East team from 1995-2005.

EDIT: Players listed at the beginning are EACH TEAM'S FIRST OVERALL PICK - not busts. My take on the "BUSTS" for the 10 year period are at the botto of the post. Obviously, Champ Bailey, Greg Ellis and WIlliam Thomas are great picks and not busts (for example). Sorry for confusion.

NYG: Dayne, Jones, Manning (based on what they gave up)

PF

']Hilliard' date=' Petitgout, and Shockey [/quote']

he never lists those guys as busts. Read the Underlined Print.

While I've been VERY dissapointed with the Julius Jones draft pick-if you go back to the '04 draft, pretty much every back from Stephen Jackson to Kevin Jones to Chris Perry to Tatum Bell(which was SUPPOSEDLY going to be THE best draft class for backs) has underperformed.

Ultimately, I'm actually somewhat happy with Julius, especially considering this.:2cents:

That's cool, I'm not an expert in all picks, hence the reason I asked for opinions. Personally, since he was the 2nd overall pick, playing a position that is normally NEVER picked that high, he was supposed to be the "next" LT. In looking back, since 1983, only 6 linebackers have been taken in the top-3 overall spots. If he had good coaching when he was young, it might have made a difference, but since he is out of the league totally after 6 years, with spotty performance, that's the reason I consider him a bust. And I'm a HUGE PSU fan.

I get where you went with this, but LA never stuffed coke up his nose like a maniac.

I love LT, but you have to wonder how good would he have been if he didnt have all that ya-yo

There are different types of busts.

1. A total bust - a player that plain out sucks - Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, etc.

2. 1st round busts - a player that isn't worth a 1st rounder - Eli Manning, Joey Harrington , Byron Leftwich, etc.

3. Contra-bust - a player that sucks turns out to be a monster - Tom Brady, Tony Romo sits to pee

Eli Manning is #2

While I've been VERY dissapointed with the Julius Jones draft pick-if you go back to the '04 draft, pretty much every back from Stephen Jackson to Kevin Jones to Chris Perry to Tatum Bell(which was SUPPOSEDLY going to be THE best draft class for backs) has underperformed.

Ultimately, I'm actually somewhat happy with Julius, especially considering this.:2cents:

Steven Jackson has not underperformed.

']So you are telling me that what? 20 starts is enough to tell Romo sits to pee is a superstar and three years is enough to tell Manning is a first round bust? I wonder what Peyton's numbers looked like after his first three years.

Romo sits to pee isn't playing above average or just good. He's playing like a Superstar. He'll be Top 5 or Top 3 in the NFL in MVP voting. He's on verge to become only the 5th QB in the NFL HISTORY to throw for at least 40 touchdowns in regular season.

It took Peyton Manning 8 years to pass 40 TDs

It took Brady 7 years to pass for 40 TDs

It's taking Romo sits to pee his 1st year as a starter.

So Romo sits to pee is a special case. In his case, it's enough to tell me that Romo sits to pee is a superstar.

---

What makes you think Eli Manning is going in the same direction as Peyton Manning?

Eli Manning's QB Rating in his first three years (EXCLUDING HIS FIRST SEASON) - 76

Peyton Manning's QB Rating in his first three years - 85

9 point differential.

---

Difference?

Peyton's first season - He was 23rd rank QB

Eli's first season - He wasn't even ranked in the top 33

But let's scrap Eli's first season, let's compare his second season to Peyton's first.

Eli's second season - He was ranked 23rd in the NFL - Even when he had additional 9 games in his belt

---

Peyton's second season - He was ranked 4th in the NFL

Eli Manning's third season - He was ranked 18th in the NFL

Remember, Eli has 9 more game than Peyton at this point.

---

Peyton's third season in the NFL - Ranked 6th in the NFL

Eli Manning's 4th season (Still in progress) - Ranked 23rd

---

So you see...

Instead of comparing QB from different years, I suggest people start rating QB to their peers.

Peyton become a top tier QB in his second season.

Eli has yet to break top 15.

---

Considering what you paid for him, yeah, he's definitely a #2 bust.

The NUMBER ONE BUST has to be Andre Johsnon. We traded up for him and he could not play. Period. He simply did not have the ability to MOVE SIDEWAYS -- sort of a critical skill for a left tackle.

To this day I do not understand how that happened. We had to cut the guy before preseason ended, he was so bad.

Exactly. A First Round pick that never played a down for us and did not make the opening day roster. This has got to be some sort of record in the modern era of the NFL.

That's the problem - they DIDN'T pass over him (Eagles). I was pointing out how many stud WR were picked AFTER him.

OK, sorry. You're an Eagles fan, I guess? I thought you were a Skins fan wondering why we passed on Mitchell. By the way, you list omitted Samuels, who was the #3 overall in the 2000 draft.

Yeah, it sickens me that we took Gardner over Chad Johnson, Chris Chambers, Steve Smith, TJ Houshmenzadeh, and likely a few others.

Archived