Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How To Get A Redskin Autograph? *Christmas update*

isle-hawg

My daughter put at top of her Christmas wish list an autographed Rock Cartwright photo (dates back to her coming into becoming a true fan when she witnessed Rock return a kickoff against the pukes for a TD a year ago). Anybody have any ideas on a way for me to try and get same? I know in training camp many of the players are accessible but that won't help me now. I am not sweating this, but she knows her wish on short notice is extremely unlikely therefore it would make most likely one of the best presents ever for her if I could pull it off for Christmas. Any ideas or suggestions are much appreciated!!

****UPDATE Pre-Christmas****

Thanks to all who assisted me in this thread . I would like to "call out" two exceptional posters and one exceptional player who went well beyond my hopes and expectations and are responsible for providing my daughter the best presents she will get this year: SKINtil8tin, Blondie and Rock Cartwright.

SKINtil8tin was kind enough to PM me and volunteer to send me a picture he had of Rock that Rock autographed for him during training camp.

Blondie was kind enough to contact Rock on my behalf, send him one of her pristine rookie cards she owned of him, Rock signed and personalized it to my daughter and then mailed it to me.

How great is that? Two ESers and one of our best players who never met me or my daughter to do such a generous thing!!!

I told my co-workers (ranging from indifferent to the NFL to casual skins fan to over the top Bills fan) what was in the works and none of them believed it. They figured no way would "strangers" go so out of their way to make this happen. I never ever expected this type of generosity when starting this thread, but in hindsight I am not at all surprised as Redskins fans and especially those that frequent this board are the best there are!!!

Her favorite Christmas present from last year was a Cartwright Jersey I special ordered for her. Watching her open these two presents on Christmas will be priceless, what will be even better is explaining to her exactly how these presents came about by the generosity of SKINtil8tin, Blondie and Rock!!!

I'll frame the picture, and put the card in a top of the line card case tomorrow prior to wrapping them up.

I cannot thank SKINtil8tin, Blondie and Rock enough as well as those that provide us and maintain ES the best internet site in the world!!!

****Update Christmas Day****

The look on her face when opening them today priceless! She (and I) will remember this Christmas and these two gifts specifically as long as we have our faculties. She literally had tears in her eye's when opening both (which of course brought tears to Dad's eyes).

In telleing her the story of how they came about under the tree, it made it that much more special. She has been going on and on about these all day.

This is just another example of sometimes what the givers in this case SKINtil8tin, Blondie and Rock may consider a little thing on their end being a huge thing that will not ever be forgotten on the receiving end.

Merry Christmas everybody!

Come to a game sometime (i know your in Guam) and get to the stadium early, the players parking lot is right next to the stadium, or if you cant get to the stadium early, wait near the players parking lot AFTER the game. My :2cents:

Thank you DButz65! I should have stated in my original post I am no longer stationed in Guam. I am back in VA about 90 minutes from FEDEX, been to 2 games this year w/great seats (Giants & Bills (both heartbreakers)):cry:. But did not see the opportunity to get an autograph. Not sure where the players parking lot is but thinking that may be an option. From reading another thread though on the players parking lot I got the impression that it is secured so that not anyone could come up to bother the players, is that not the case? I think it would be outstanding to suprise my daughter with what she wants, but do not want to do it by becoming a paparzzi.

Thank you DButz65! I should have stated in my original post I am no longer stationed in Guam. I am back in VA about 90 minutes from FEDEX, been to 2 games this year w/great seats (Giants & Bills (both heartbreakers)):cry:. But did not see the opportunity to get an autograph. Not sure where the players parking lot is but thinking that may be an option. From reading another thread though on the players parking lot I got the impression that it is secured so that not anyone could come up to bother the players, is that not the case? I think it would be outstanding to suprise my daughter with what she wants, but do not want to do it by becoming a paparzzi.

No you can get autographs, they have security guards that walk them across the street between their parking lot and the stadium

Lot is here , yellow section B1

http://www.redskins.com/docs/FedExFieldMap.pdf

Gl whenever you make it

Rock always signs cards or whatever is sent to him.

If you let me know what you are sending and when, I will tell him to look for it.

He is very prompt in signing and sending back. In fact, he has given me items in the past that he had signed and not time to send off and I have sent them off for him.

Actually, I think I might have a player card that he signed long ago.

Let me look to see if I can locate it, I will send it to you.

Rock always signs cards or whatever is sent to him.

If you let me know what you are sending and when, I will tell him to look for it.

He is very prompt in signing and sending back. In fact, he has given me items in the past that he had signed and not time to send off and I have sent them off for him.

Actually, I think I might have a player card that he signed long ago.

Let me look to see if I can locate it, I will send it to you.

Thank you Blondie as well as everyone else who is trying to help! This is just but many of the reasons I love this site!!!

In doing a Google Search I came up this as the address to Redskins Park.

Redskins Park

21300 Redskins Park Drive

Ashburn, VA 20147

If I was to address something to Rock at this address would he actually get it? Or is there a different/better address to send something to him?

Thank you Blondie as well as everyone else who is trying to help! This is just but many of the reasons I love this site!!!

In doing a Google Search I came up this as the address to Redskins Park.

Redskins Park

21300 Redskins Park Drive

Ashburn, VA 20147

If I was to address something to Rock at this address would he actually get it? Or is there a different/better address to send something to him?

He will get it there.

He leaves after the season for a couple of weeks usually.

But if you want it for Christmas, you need to hurry and get it there.

I will tell him that some ESers are going to send some items to sign.

Might want to put a letter in there saying you are on the board.

Ok.

I found my cards.......I have many of him from his first 2 years when he was #40.

The ones that are signed have messages to me on them......I had forgotten that he had written things on them.

I have several cards that are numbered.

I could send him a card for him to sign and if you would give me your address by PM, I will send an envelope for him to send it on to you. I hope it will get to you by Christmas......but it takes 3 days for mail to get to him from me here and then on to you.

You might not get it by Christmas.

*******In looking through my cards, I found all of my rookie Sean Taylor cards. I had totally forgotten about them.

Ok.

I found my cards.......I have many of him from his first 2 years when he was #40.

The ones that are signed have messages to me on them......I had forgotten that he had written things on them.

I have several cards that are numbered.

I could send him a card for him to sign and if you would give me your address by PM, I will send an envelope for him to send it on to you. I hope it will get to you by Christmas......but it takes 3 days for mail to get to him from me here and then on to you.

You might not get it by Christmas.

*******In looking through my cards, I found all of my rookie Sean Taylor cards. I had totally forgotten about them.

I can't thank you enough Blondie!!! PM coming your way.

He called me when he mailed it.

Glad you got it.

Merry Christmas to your daughter.

NOW, If HE will give me the present I WANT it will be a very very very MERRY CHRISTMAS.

;););)

Here's hoping you get EXACTLY what you want for Christmas this year! ;):silly:

Thanks for your big heart in making a little girl's Christmas special. Yesterday I was in line at the post office, and ran into two old friends. She mentioned that she was sending a Redskins nightlight to her brother. I told her I was mailing a Redskins package to a little boy in Utah - that I hadn't met. I don't think everyone "gets" the whole EXTREME Skin thing - this is just what we do for each other. Especially little kids.

Kudos, Blondie! :cheers:

Archived