Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How good are the Minnesota Vikings?

One Shot

They've looked REAL good the past few weeks. They've won 4 in a row and it doesn't look like they'll be losing this weekend either, as they play Chicago at home.

In the past 3 weeks, they've completely dominated the Giants and Lions, 2 playoff contenders (although the Lions are on the decline) by a margin of at least 20 points in each game. They also handled the 49ers. They're QB is getting the job done, and hasn't even had to do that much because their rush attack is nearly unstoppable. Dominant O-line + 2 explosive running backs = #1 run game in the league. On top of that, their defense is forcing turnovers and really putting the clamps on opposing teams' running game. Teams obviously aren't able to come up with any formulas to stop them, and this scares the **** out of me considering the Skins play them in a couple weeks.

However, we know that their pass defense can be a liability and that when you stop their running game, their QB isn't good enough to beat you by himself. They were shut out 34-0 in Green Bay and lost 3 in a row at the beginning of the season. But their season does remind me of our 2005 season.

Will they be in the playoffs? I don't see them not getting into the playoffs....and once they're in, the only teams I see them losing to are the Cowboys or Packers. How good do you think they are?

It's hard to say......

1) Oakland, well-they ARE the Waiders

2) Giants-Eli just happened to have a bad hair day, otherwise-they did next to nothing on O

3) Lions-well, they ARE the Lions(yeah, I know-we probably should have lost to them)

4) Niners-well, they ARE the Whiners

Their pass D is ranked dead last. While the Pat/Kevin Williams combo at DT has them formidable against the run, they're not THAT great-b/c of their putrid pass D, teams are taking advantage of this more.

I could see them losing one, maybe 2 more games.

I think they are really good. The run defense is dominant, the oline is dominant, and the pass defense can be oppurtunistic. Taylor and Peterson are a great combo and jackson is being efficient. They will go as far as taylor, peterson, and that oline carry them.

As long as they are not coming from behind, Minnesota is a formidable match. Teams like New England, Dallas and the Colts are usually gonna be able to beat the Vikes because they score points and force Minnesota to abandon the run. I do think they are going to get the #6 seed in the NFC playoffs.

But their season does remind me of our 2005 season.

Yeah, they remind me of the '05 Skins as well. At least they're closer to the '05 Skins then the '07 Skins are. They're running the ball, stopping the run, forcing turnovers and are getting efficient play out of their QB. Jackson's completing over 70% of his passes the past 3 weeks and he's not turning it over much.

They are number one in run defense and the number one rushing offense. I would say they are pretty darn good and most likely going to get the last wild card spot.
#1 in run defense, but aren't they dead last in Pass D.

The vikings have two huge DT. So, the best way to run is to pitch out and get your dirtbags out on the edges.

We did it against the vikings.

It's hard to say......

1) Oakland, well-they ARE the Waiders

2) Giants-Eli just happened to have a bad hair day, otherwise-they did next to nothing on O

3) Lions-well, they ARE the Lions(yeah, I know-we probably should have lost to them)

4) Niners-well, they ARE the Whiners

Their pass D is ranked dead last. While the Pat/Kevin Williams combo at DT has them formidable against the run, they're not THAT great-b/c of their putrid pass D, teams are taking advantage of this more.

I could see them losing one, maybe 2 more games.

Wouldn't it make sense to you, that if teams can't run on the Vikings D, they are going to abandon the run and begin to pass more? (Unless they are Joe Gibbs of course).

I think that they have a good defense and they run the ball really well. However, I don't think that they pass the ball all that well. I think that if we make Tavaris Jackson beat us throwing the ball we have good shot. Petersen, C. Taylor, and their offensive running attack that we have to worry about.

The old cliche suggests that good teams are built upon the lines. The Vikings have a strong offensive line that paves lanes for Peterson and Taylor and a defensive line that is great at stopping the run.

The Vikings are a solid football team that could scare a Dallas or Green Bay come playoff time.

Archived