Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bobby Petrino resigns as Falcons HC.......(merged)

CowboysSaintsFan

I'll take Algae Crumpler and the overrated DeAngelo Hall for cheap.

We all know that **** ain't happening though. :laugh:

I would probably carve off John Abraham, Overratedgelo Hall, that one offensive lineman they have thats pretty damn good, and that one DT thats a monster.

Names fail me because quite honestly I hate every single team in the NFC South and purposely don't learn about their rosters.

Hello Jason Garrett!:D:silly:

Wrong Cowboy IMO. Too much wrong in Atlanta for a young HC with no Head Coaching experience IMO.

If you want a guy who can come in and bring order to a disasterous situation. If you want a guy who will build your team and then get out of the way in order to pave the way for a young coach like a Garrett, that guy is Bill Parcells. Would also work with your DC as Zimmer knows what Parcells would want to run.

He's not cheap but for the right amount of money, he will do the job.

The contracts these coaches get are ridiculous. One year and BOOM, you're done.

Petrino is even taking a million less per year for the Ark. job.

I say honor your commitment and do the job you were hired to do. Its bad enough with the Vick situation, now this? The Falcons could be screwed for years.

Petrino called a staff meeting late Tuesday afternoon, a meeting which last about 10 seconds, sources said.

"He just said to us, 'Guys I've resigned, I'm going to Arkansas. I'm sorry. I'll be talking with you guys in the future.' And with that he turned and walked out the door. We haven't been told anything else," said one assistant coach.

from http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7553354?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

thats definitely some class from that man.

For every college coach you have who does bad in the NFL, there are probably just as many NFL coaches who have failed at the college level (Weis and Callahan come to mind). Petrino inherited a train wreck of a franchise as did Saban. And it's not like Gibbs has lit the world on fire since Spurrier left. Coaches can't do well without proper support at either level.

For every college coach you have who does bad in the NFL, there are probably just as many NFL coaches who have failed at the college level (Weis and Callahan come to mind). Petrino inherited a train wreck of a franchise as did Saban. And it's not like Gibbs has lit the world on fire since Spurrier left. Coaches can't do well without proper support at either level.

Gibbs has failed in his second stink but the team is in better position than he inherited. Spurrier was totally clueless as an NFL coach and his second year was his undoing. Gibbs second year brought him a playoff win.

Wow. Just wow. I mean, at least finish out the year.

My kid is the number three qb prospect in the country. 6'5, 220, runs a 4'2 and threw 77 tds last year. I won't even take a call from Arkansas recruiters.

Okay, I don't even have a kid. But if I did I would never let him play for Petrino.

My kid is the number three qb prospect in the country. 6'5, 220, runs a 4'2 and threw 77 tds last year. I won't even take a call from Arkansas recruiters.

Okay, I don't even have a kid. But if I did I would never let him play for Petrino.

started young eh ?:silly:

Much of his team had grown to hate him. Having such a bad year, I'm sure he didn't anticipate nor did he think he would get such resistance to his college ways nor lose Vick forever.

What's funny to me is that I think if Spurrier just had 30 percent higher work ethic and had the offensive talent we have NOW, he might have been able to sneak into a playoff run. err, sorry, if he didn't have Kim Helton as off line coach and actually tried to adjust his scheme a little bit.

Dude, You nailed it right on the head! Your Right about Spurrier.

CLICK CLAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Petrino would have succeeded if Vick were his QB. Vick fit his style. However, Vick can't QB from prison so.. what else can Petrino do?

You'd hope he would man up and finish the job though.

Vick did not fit Petrino's style at all. Petrino's offense is based on attacking downfield and underneath timing routes. Look at the guys Petrino recruited.....Brian Brohm is a prototypical drop back pocket passer, he is also 10x as accurate with the football as Vick.

Hell i would. Petrino developed a kid that is going to likely be a top 5 pick in this years NFL draft.

Archived