Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A HUGE problem with this team: No kicker

Sekhmet728

So - Um... I guess you don't watch much football?

Name a team where the kicker kicks the ball in the end zone every time? The NFL moved the kickoff from the 35 to the 30 to make most balls returnable.

My guess - And it is a guess, is that 75% of all kickoffs in the league are returned. And out of the 25% that aren't, most are eaither kicked out of bounds or had help from the wind.

2nd - Did you notice after the Jets game is when his KO's got shorter? They are kidcking it high on purpose. You don't think Thursday night was a matter of stradgegy? Lets see...

The best Kick returner and the punt returner in the league, close game, and all punts were also short, high, and outside.....

But naaaaa - SS kicks were all just bad kicks.... even though we were one of the few teams that played the bears that were NOT burned by hester....

1) I've seen quite a few kickers kick it at least to the goal line consistently against us. Suisham kicks them to the 10 or 15.

2) Uh, didn't I explicitly say that the Bears game WAS strategy? I think I did.

He's made 100% from under 30 yards. 30-39yd he is 7-9. 40-49yd he is9-12.

He is tied 22nd for overall accuracy, so theres room to improve for sure. But lets face it, he makes the game winners consistently. Novak was 50-50 when going for game winners and Hall was, well Hall was always on the injury report.

Is there a better candidate out there?

Still no. I mean, it'd be great to have an offense that makes a kicker a waste of a roster spot, but you basically just said "If 11 players are doing their jobs, then there shouldn't be a need for the other 42." That's simply unrealistic and not true.

Where did I say the other players were inrelevant? I was simply saying if the offense does its job, then the kicker should be an unimportant part of the offense. To imply no defense, back ups, or special team players aren't important would be ludacris and taking what I said completely out of context.

Where did I say the other players were inrelevant? I was simply saying if the offense does its job, then the kicker should be an unimportant part of the offense. To imply no defense, back ups, or special team players aren't important would be ludacris and taking what I said completely out of context.

1) I exaggerated what you said. I'm just saying that EVERY player is of equal importance.

2) Ludicrous = word. Ludacris = rapper. Oh the powers of MTV. :cheers:

He's made 100% from under 30 yards. 30-39yd he is 7-9. 40-49yd he is9-12.

He is tied 22nd for overall accuracy, so theres room to improve for sure. But lets face it, he makes the game winners consistently. Novak was 50-50 when going for game winners and Hall was, well Hall was always on the injury report.

Is there a better candidate out there?

I stay we stick with Shaun Suisham. I thought he was been very dependable. He missed too kick's against the Bears on a very cold night. He is young and has been suprisingly good.

enough of this talk of a new kicker, he IS the answer right now and next season.

let's focus on other players.

I'm perfectly happy with Suisham. At the time, I wanted us to get H.B. Blades in the 5th round and Mason Crosby in the 6th, but oh well. I'm happy with him. He won us the games against the Dolphins and Jets, I don't see the problem right now. Even Adam Vinatieri has struggled this year. Kicking is so streaky, the next guy we bring in will have the same problems. Just keep Suisham.

Giants fan here...

you can have our kicker... he's missed 2 PATs and a bunch of short FGs and he's been horrible on kick-offs.

he's been better lately (his kick-offs are still horrible) but if we have to reluy on him for a game winner there'll be a lot of VERY nervous giants fans. i still hold my breath every time he comes out!

Nicely bumped.

SS surprised me last night but what surprised me more was that Gibbs let him kick that long one instead of pooch punting. I think that was the key play of the game as the momentum got going after the offense, said, hey we can score in these conditions.

Good point. That was a balls out call and a hell of a kick in that environment. One errant kick off aside, great game by Suisham.

Archived