Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So let's talk about how we match up with the Giants...

TCO

:gaintsuck

We know we have to win out. That continues this weekend against the Giants... we SHOULD have beat them the first time... but we've had some changes, they've got the 5th seed all but locked up... how do they factor in Sunday?

I'm torn. I know it's going to be tough, and I think we can do it, but I'm just worried if we'll be able to contain their O enough to allow our O the chance to continue to roll with Collins. I feel like if Collins doesn't have a great game, it's going to be downright horrid against that D...

Anyone have any thoughts?

Plaxico always seems to make a big catch against us, like he did when we played the giants earlier this season here..And Eli for some reason has luck against us..Eli hasn't been playing his best lately, so hopefully we can pressure him into making some bad throws and get turnovers.

I honestly dont think we match up very well

we're at a disadvantage on offense,because of the weak O-line and the Giants D-line being so nasty.

same for the defense,the giants have a very good O-line and we havent been able to stop their ground game since 2004.

For years, regardless of who is taking the hand-offs, The Giants have killed us running the football. They've also been very effective at stopping our offense since Pierce left.

We will have to stop their run, first and foremost. Second, we have to sustain some drives and put at least 24 points on the board.

The matchup that worries me most is Shockey versus Doughty.

FELLAS, We got this game like Mayweather did Hatton!!

I like the optimism but you have to be realistic, this will be one tough game to win. We always play terrible at the Meadowlands and we have so many injuries that it will take a lot to pull this one out. Think about it, we lost to them last time in our place, with Carlos, ST, and JC. But now we go to their place without these key guys and get a win. I pray they pull it out but it is going to take a mistake free game to win and we all know that is near impossible for the Redskins, lol.

The theory on match ups is good. But looks like reality and mother nature will be trumping the theory. Current weather prediction for Sunday night in the Meadowlands is for rain changing to snow along with the typical cold and brisk Meadowlands winds. Should be ugly. Might as well throw in some freezing rain and ice pellets.

I didn't even think of the weather...

More excuses for Clinton to run to the line and bounce off of the first person and fall down... dear god I hope he actually turns in a good game... that Jet's game seems like it was so damn long ago and we were talking about CP being top 3 in the NFC.

Our O line is in trouble if they don't play mistake free. The G's lead the league in sacks as a team according to Bram n' Larry. We couldn't run on them last time but we should be able to b/c they're banged up at LB and at Safety.

Offense=run the ball a lot, 18-20 throws max

Our defense does an awesome job at stopping the run. This offense has two weapons and another guy in Toomer that they always forget about. Force them to pass the ball and keep Landry deep to protect the big play.

Defense=double Burress and let Fletcher play man to man on Shockey, Rocky on Jacobs. I truly think we should show a lot of man and mix in some blitzes in man coverage. Eli with pressure equals turnovers. We gotta stop the run to force them in to 3rd and longs consistently. :2cents:

Collins will need to get rid of the ball quickly. It would be nice if Portis can sustain a few drives on us. On defense, while I wish we had some of our personnel from week 3, the fact is that Manning has been making mistakes recently, and hopefully the weather and some pressure will cause him to make a few more. I don't want to sound too much like Gibbs, but I do get the feeling this is going to be close and low scoring. We're going to need Cooley to exploit the middle in the passing game, unless our wideouts decide to become effective.

Unfortunately I think we're going to see just how much we need JC. Todd Collins is not mobile and with the Giants DL we're gonna be in trouble. With that said, Collins seemed to be good under pressure last week, although it wasn't strong pressure. He reads quick and releases quick throws, that don't move to fast. Fortunately, I don't think their DB's are that much better than the Bears' were and he should be able to complete some of those throws like he did last week. We can hope. Gotta score touchdowns this week though. No more FG's.

Two things that concern me about this game: (1) our O line, and (2) Plaxico Burress. To beat the Giants, IMO, you have to keep Burress from getting the "big play". I'm not too worried about the Giants running game.

On offense, if our OL can somehow hold off that Giants monster pass rush, I think Collins will open a lot of eyes and throw, at least, 2 TD passes.

Defense -

Man cover Plax with Springs

U on U - McIntosh on Shockey

Different look blitz's on Eli, he rattles under pressure.

Offense -

O-line (Samuel's and Heyer) have to have the best game of the season to stop their speedy ends. Heyer probably needs an extra guy to chip block.

Attack their replacement safeties.

TC has to get rid of the ball quickly and Saunders needs to call the entire game. (includes inside 20)

If Portis gets shutdown then use him as the underneath receiver.

Pretty simple! :laugh:

I honestly dont think we match up very well

we're at a disadvantage on offense,because of the weak O-line and the Giants D-line being so nasty.

same for the defense,the giants have a very good O-line and we havent been able to stop their ground game since 2004.

as accurate as it's gonna get

All of these points in this thread I certainly agree with!!

I believe again, just like the Bears game, it doesn't matter about match ups, D-Line, O-Line play, or TC.

IT IS ALL ABOUT WINNING THE TURNOVER BATTLE!!!!!!!!

If we force TO's again like we did against the Bears, WE WIN!!!!

If we don't, and give TO's we lose.

Football can be broken down a million ways, (just listen to ESPN) all that stuff doesn't really matter. Look at the Win/Loss column every week and 98% of the time, the team who wins the TO battle wins!

Let's hope Eli gives us 6 int's like he did against the Vikings, boy it would make an easy nite for us!!!!

HTTR

Archived