Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Santa Claus

Slacky McSlackAss

I was still in elementary school --- I realized that the handwriting on the tags from mom and dad was the same as the writing on the tags from Santa. :(

I think thats how my brother and I found out also. Its hard on the parents when you travel for the holidays and they want you to have Christmas at home. When your 10 years old, you don't really buy into that 'Santa stopped by our house a week early' crap.

My family never did it. I have always thought that a lot of the Christmas traditions are really wonderful. The lights, the tree, Santa, the songs... it's just a beautiful holiday. I doesnt' hold a candle to Chanukkah, but it is lovely. (get it... candles... menorah)

The biggest problem with Santa is the message that if you don't celebrate Christmas you don't even rate coal. You are on the perma-naughty list. Very frightening.

i never really bought in to that crap, but then again i never really bought into the whole god thing either...

I with you on the God thing also. Not really sure at this point in my life.

As far as Santa, had to be around 7 or 8 years old. I remember my parents coming clean, but then I told them I already knew it was them.

I with you on the God thing also. Not really sure at this point in my life.

As far as Santa, had to be around 7 or 8 years old. I remember my parents coming clean, but then I told them I already knew it was them.

my parents just gave up. they knew we knew, we knew they knew we knew, so they just stopped putting his name on presents.

Santa is a lazy fat ****. Seriously, he works one day a year, inprisons helpless reindeer, and molests little childeren in his spare time. Cant get much worse than that.

to be fair, he works on the 15th as well, that's when either your good so he gives out candy, or your bad and he has his elf-friend (can't remember his name) come along and either whip you with a switch or kidnap you.

I was in the 3rd grade when a classmate told me --- then of course told the other kids who laughed at me.

Another thing --- being Catholic it kinda traumatized me because I sort of put Jesus and Santa on the same level. Santa was all knowing and all good, Jesus was all knowing and all good. So I figured if there's no such thing as Santa --- then what does it say about Jesus? This isn't to say I'm a 'non-believer' though.

Ok, so listenin to the stories of tears upon the discovery of the fact that Santa does not exist, it makes me wonder if this is just a way to set yourself up as a parent for the inevitable lack of trust that will occur as a result of years of deception.

I gotta admit, I didn't trust my mother for years after the discovery. I'm not going to say I was adversely affected for life :laugh:, but I had a hard time believing a word she said for a while.

Archived