Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If extremeskins exsisted in the 60's

redskinsbandnerd

These are, indeed, dark times for the Redskins. For about 15 years now, we've seen the same old crap. We've been dissapointed by lackluster teams that simply cannot get the job done, over and over again. This is not a good era for Washington football fans.

But, as I watch our 'Skins break our hearts, I have to think to myself "It can be worse?" and it does make me feel better

How, you ask? Look no further than the record books. From 1957-1969, we broke the .500 mark a grand total of 2 times. 12 years...2 .500 seasons. Wow.

It makes me wonder sometimes, looking at the boards...seeing the "homers" and the "naysayers" battle it out...what if this board exsisted in the 50's and 60's when the Redskins were one of the laughing stocks of NFL? What would some of the thread titles look like?

Here's one: "Well...at least we got one."

Remember 1994. We were 3-13 that year

We played the Rams last game of the season.....I want to say Rypien was their QB (the Rams).

We won it and it was like a SB victory b/c we sucked so bad that year anything close tp a win was incredible.

I wonder how many people ripped on Rypien, Williams or Joey T back then too

Remember 1994. We were 3-13 that year

We played the Rams last game of the season.....I want to say Rypien was their QB (the Rams).

We won it and it was like a SB victory b/c we sucked so bad that year anything close tp a win was incredible.

MAN...we were AWFUL that year...if I remember that's the same year, we lost to the Jets 3-0 at home. As a matter of fact, I think that is the only time in franchise history that we finished winless (0-8) at home.

We started that year with John Friesz (sp) as our QB, then Heath finished up the season with that last game win against the Rams. Man, we were TERRIBLE. Then again, that was Norv's first year as coach :doh:

I followed the Skins from the late 50`s to now and the teams in the 60`s were terrible. They were the team of the South when I lived in NC and SC so most of their games were televised. They almost always lost but I didn`t care because there was always another game next Sunday.

Today, I think we have too much information about players salaries, private lives and responsibilities on the field that we act more like coaches and GMs than fans.

It more fun to watch old highlights of the Skins than the modern game today. It`s also a lot less stressful!!

Long live Sonny, Sam and Eddie LeBaron too!!!!:logo:

More like ATN:

Welcome to the NFL, Dallas!

tr1

I would like to take this time to welcome our new friends, the Dallas Cowboys to the National Football League! Should be some fun games ahead!

---------------------------------------------------------

WeOwnU

Redskins suck! STAMPEDE!!!! GO YOU COWBOYS GO!!!!

WE'RE THE GREATEST! WE'RE #1

----------------------------------------------------------

tr1

...thats it

----------------------------------------------------------

and the rest was history

Archived