Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who we root for next week

dcoles11

If we lose to the Vikes, we are out, no matter what. We wouldnt be able to catch the Giants OR Vikes in that situation.

I think we want Zona to beat the Saints. Id rather just have to root for us to win three times than have to count on Philly or Chicago to beat the Saints. EVEN though if the Saints beat Zona, that would remove Zona from the picture.

I can't see us getting in at 8-8.... if Zona beats Saints, theyre probably going 9-7 with their easy sked.... and if Saints beat Zona, I don't see them dropping their last two to finish 7-9.

Ugh, we are going to be the team that comes the closest to the playoffs and misses it in the history of the league. Literally. (i.e. A yard against the giants, 10 inches against the Eagles, one pass vs Dallas and TB, a timeout vs Buffalo.... has anyone come closer to winning so many games and lost them all?)

EDIT: To add, I think its ridiculous that the conference record is the #2 tiebreaker.... who cares what the Saints conference record is when they play 6 games against the NFC south? How do you think theyd do vs the NFC east? That tells us nothing about who is the better team. It should be head-to-head, then common games.

we need the Saints to lose,Minny to lose, Dallas to win,O G men to lose, Detroit to lose, Uranus to align w/ the moon, global warming to level off, Hillary to be elected, and a cure for anal seapage for us to get into the paloffs.

If it takes Hillary being elected to make the playoffs, then I hope our offseason starts the day after the Crackgirlz game!

'Sorry kids. But that's just the way it will have to be!

EDIT: To add, I think its ridiculous that the conference record is the #2 tiebreaker.... who cares what the Saints conference record is when they play 6 games against the NFC south? How do you think theyd do vs the NFC east? That tells us nothing about who is the better team. It should be head-to-head, then common games.

Unfortunately, the Saints are not our schedule this year so there has to be some criteria for breaking the tie.

Here is a link to the tiebreaking procedures: http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

Common opponents comes first for breaking ties within the division but that makes sense since there are eight common opponents outside the division.

It would be nice to see the common opponents, minimum of four, come ahead of conference record in the Wild Card tie.

So what if that were the case? Our common opponents with New Orleans are Philadelphia, Chicago, Tampa Bay, Arizona; looks like four to me.

Presuming all win out, here's the breakdown: Washington is 3-2 (Phi, 1-1; Chi, 1-0; TB, 0-1; Arz, 1-0) while New Orleans would be 3-2 (Phi, 1-0; Chi, 1-0; TB, 0-2; Arz, 1-0)

We would have the same record against common opponents so then it would go to conference record. So, in this case, the question is moot.

Next week, we root for Arizona and I'll watch that game on The Ticket.

cheers

Thats if we were to both win out. If we lost to NYG or Dallas, and they lost any of their last 3, we would have the "hypothetical" tiebreaker of common games with both teams at 8-8. I just think the common games is a much better indicator than conference record.... its like comparing apples to oranges. Unfortunately the NFL doesnt think so.

Archived