Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Johnson: Cowboys better than Patriots

rincewind

Tr1 - you want homerism, I present to you Jimmy Johnson:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7545988?MSNHPHMA

How anybody can claim that any team in the NFL is better than Patriots right now, especially one that lost to the Pats at home, is beyond my comprehension. :doh:

All that hairspray leeched into his brain.

That being said, I would not be shocked to see the Pats lose in the playoffs. They're the most overrated 13-0 team ever! :D

The Cowboys are great, but they aren't better than the Patriots.

Couldn't agree more. But I can see where Johnson is coming from. Go back and look at the 1992 season, where nobody gave the Cowboys a chance against the 49ers. The 49ers were clearly the better team in the regular season, while the Cowboys fought just to gain a team identity. But by the time the playoffs started, the Cowboys got on a roll.

What's funny is that if you play 10 games of the 1992 49ers against the 1992 Cowboys, the 49ers would have probably won 6 or 7 of them.

Is something similar happening this year? It's hard to say. So far, I see no evidence that the Cowboys are capable of being a consistently dominant team. But they have consistently found ways to win games. More importantly, the games in which they should have lost have only gone on to serve them well in later games.

The Patriots are clearly the better team. But I agree with Johnson here that the Patriots are not any better than they were in September. Plus they do have an age factor on their defense that may reveal itself come January.

Yea ok Jimmy.

Pats defense will wear down and have trouble with physical football teams, yet they just crushed the Steelers and even threw in a late goal-line stand to boot. whoops.

Dallas has the room to improve, younger players but, uh, didn't look so great against the Lions. whoops.

Pats aren't better then they were a month ago? Well gee, I friggin hope not. Did he expect them to start winning games by 100 points?

And lastly, Patriots have just a liiiiiiiittle bit more playoff experience then the Cowboys.

Yea ok Jimmy.

Pats defense will wear down and have trouble with physical football teams, yet they just crushed the Steelers and even threw in a late goal-line stand to boot. whoops.

Dallas has the room to improve, younger players but, uh, didn't look so great against the Lions. whoops.

Pats aren't better then they were a month ago? Well gee, I friggin hope not. Did he expect them to start winning games by 100 points?

And lastly, Patriots have just a liiiiiiiittle bit more playoff experience then the Cowboys.

Let's not forget the head-to-head match up IN Dallas. I don't think anybody is going to deny Dallas is a really good team - but to say they're better than the Pats is border line psychotic.

Dallas is the only team in the NFC that has a shot to beat the New England Cheaters.

Goodell must be rooting hard against the Cowboys since he wants the Cheaters to go undefeated.

Either way, Colts will beat the Cheaters, so all this will be moot point.

This is getting rediculous...now everybody wants to call the Pats cheaters :laugh:. I want to know how many people thought the Steelers would beat them.

The Cowboys played a great game against the Pats....

That said, the Pats came back (as they've done to other great teams) and found ways to win.

The Pats aren't invincible......they can be beat, just nobody knows how to do it yet including the Cowboys :)

The formula to beating them is there, and Dallas has the tools to get it done.

It's just a matter of actually doing it. Very, very difficult.

But with a little luck....... :fingersx:

Tr1 - you want homerism, I present to you Jimmy Johnson:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7545988?MSNHPHMA

How anybody can claim that any team in the NFL is better than Patriots right now, especially one that lost to the Pats at home, is beyond my comprehension. :doh:

Unfortunately, the number of former puke players/coaches on the networks can't stop this blatant homerism.

Jimmy must not watch when the pukes' defense gets on the field.

BTW, the Pats crushed the pukes IN Dallas.

I'm thinking there are four AFC teams better than the pukes right now...and two in the NFC.

What? Dude, I hate the Cowboys and all too, but take the homer glasses off. You and I both know that the Cowboys are the best team in the NFC. Also, I only see the Colts and the Pats as teams in the AFC that are better. Yeah, they definitely took the lions lightly and should have lost, but this is a team that has beaten every team they've faced in the conference and only lost to a team that is widely being considered as one of the greatest teams of all time. You cant call anyone better than them EXCEPT the Pats. I think Jimmy Johnson is wrong, but so are you.

What? Dude, I hate the Cowboys and all too, but take the homer glasses off. You and I both know that the Cowboys are the best team in the NFC. Also, I only see the Colts and the Pats as teams in the AFC that are better. Yeah, they definitely took the lions lightly and should have lost, but this is a team that has beaten every team they've faced in the conference and only lost to a team that is widely being considered as one of the greatest teams of all time. You cant call anyone better than them EXCEPT the Pats. I think Jimmy Johnson is wrong, but so are you.

Doood! The pukes won't beat Seattle if they face them. The pukes probably will not beat us on the last weekend of the season.

And, dooood, the pukes will likely lose in the first round of the playoffs...again. :D

Doood! The pukes won't beat Seattle if they face them. The pukes probably will not beat us on the last weekend of the season.

And, dooood, the pukes will likely lose in the first round of the playoffs...again. :D

Who are the two NFC teams better than Dallas?

Seattle, and....?

Archived