Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OMG...the Browns are 8-5

tr1

:doh: oy vey.. this must be a particularly bad morning for tr1

How so? The puke draft pick continues to drop, the pukes defense was exposed (to the run, no less), the Eagles lost, and our path to the playoffs is viable.

What's not to like?

:laugh:

If the season ended today the Cowboys would obtain the 22nd pick from them. A first rounder is a first rounder. You can get a good player there. Now if you check the history of who exactly has been taken 22nd. The results haven't been too good. Hopefully Dallas will keep up the status quo of blowing that pick.

Because of my geographical location I am forced to watch the Browns a lot.

This is what happens to a team when they focus on O-line and have great player to catch the ball. Derek Anderson is good but he's not the world beater everyone is making him out to be, in my opinion. He is going to make a lot of money and not be a superstar.

A first rounder is a first rounder.

Um, no. A pick in the first five usually means that guy will start on opening day. The deeper into the first round, the bigger the crap shoot.

Nice try at minimizing the impact of the Browns winning, though. :laugh:

Thanks in part by the Cowboys. That must be a hard one to swallow for you, huh?

Please, should you decide to quote me, do an exact quote, either fully or partially. It's difficult enough to keep folks straight on what I exactly say.

Your record is ....what? How many 1st round picks do you have?......How much cap space do you have for next year?

Your year is bad when this is the only thing you can gloat about

Hmmm....I thought you were banned. My bad. :laugh:

Yes the browns are a surprise team this season......sure most cowboy fans (including me) thought when this trade was done last year that it would be a top 5 pick this year......That's life as a football fan.....some teams get hot or cold every year...this happens to be the browns year.......did any of the skin fans on this board think that the browns would be a better team then the skins this year.......I dont think so.....So we wont have a top 5 pick...but we will still have 2 first round picks and I will take that every day....

So trying to play down that pick is silly.....The Boys are the NFC East champs and are 12-1....I dont think you will find any cowboy fan that thought we would be where we are right now at this point of the season either.......so we are a surprise team also this year........And you know what? It feels good............

Because of my geographical location I am forced to watch the Browns a lot.

This is what happens to a team when they focus on O-line and have great player to catch the ball. Derek Anderson is good but he's not the world beater everyone is making him out to be, in my opinion. He is going to make a lot of money and not be a superstar.

Yes thank you. They had Derek Anderson last season, Braylon, Winslow, Jurevicius, etc. (not Jamal Lewis though)

What they didn't have was Eric Steinbach and Joe Thomas.

Um, no. A pick in the first five usually means that guy will start on opening day. The deeper into the first round, the bigger the crap shoot.

Nice try at minimizing the impact of the Browns winning, though. :laugh:

Are you talking about Heath Shuler or Desmond Howard? No wait, probably you didn't mean that low, how about Dan Wilkinson or Tim Couch? Akili Smith? Trev Alberts? David Terrell? Ki-Jana Carter? Curtis Enis? Robert Gallery? Cedric Benson? Joey Harrington?

Now granted the higher the pick, the higher the chance at a good player. But also the higher the risk of a money making bust. My point being is that regardless of where the first round pick is taken, it's still a first rounder. They have more flexiblity and margin of error than everyone else with one, or none.

I'm happy the Browns are doing well, but I will take an extra first rounder whether it be 1rst or 31rst any day of the week. So should you.

Yes thank you. They had Derek Anderson last season, Braylon, Winslow, Jurevicius, etc. (not Jamal Lewis though)

What they didn't have was Eric Steinbach and Joe Thomas.

No doubt Steinbach and Thomas have been huge for them. But you can't discount their new OC Rob Chudzinski who's taking better advantage of the talent they have. Plus Edwards and Winslow are more healthy this year. Edwards was coming off an ACL injury last year and is now 100% back. Winslow's knee is stronger this year as well following the motorcycle accident.

It definitly would have been better for them if they used the pick last year. Of course, the Browns will probably end up trading Brady Quinn if Anderson keeps playing the way he is.

Brady Quinn screwed himself when he waited out this offseason and I love it. Maybe next time, they will think twice about holding out as long as he did. Of course the same thing happened to Rivers and it took him 3 years before he became the starter. Again SD traded the wrong quarterback.

No doubt Steinbach and Thomas have been huge for them. But you can't discount their new OC Rob Chudzinski who's taking better advantage of the talent they have. Plus Edwards and Winslow are more healthy this year. Edwards was coming off an ACL injury last year and is now 100% back. Winslow's knee is stronger this year as well following the motorcycle accident.
True, good points. Clear difference in their offense this season from week one and a new O-Line takes time to play together.

Now they seem to be benefitting from everything, new system, playmakers, good QB play, good O-Line.

Archived