Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Giants on SNF

fuji869

Guest ComebackKing

It was scheduled that way in April, I guess it didn't get moved. Cool. Should be a great game under the lights in the meadowlands.

Guest ComebackKing
I did not know that, I thought that NBC picked the games late in the season.
Yeah it's kinda confusing but they do set the Sunday night schedule along with all the rest of the schedule but NBC saves the right to flex games as they see fit. Like two weeks from now it's scheduled for Tampa Bay @ San Fran for the Sunday Night game, I'll bet you that game gets changed for sure. Tampa Bay will handle that game easily.

This year maybe......it is :)

I usually hate when the Skins play primetime games, but this year in night primetime games are 2-0 (Eagles on MNF, Bears on TNF)

Can we go 3-0?

Thats true. And I think the Giants have had trouble on primetime this year

I did not see this posted

I Just saw it, NBC will have the Redskins / Giants Game on there Flex Schedule.

If i am not mistaken the last time we played New York during primetime we won. I think it was the 2000 year under Norv. We went up there and won. I think it started the win streak that got us to 6-2 but only to tank and finish 8-8.

I think we were the only team that year to beat the Ravens and Giants who both played in SB.

The Redskins and Giants are coming off of very good wins. The Giants are at home. If we can rattle Eli early on, we can dictate to their offense. Offensively, I have confidence in Collins. He has a more commanding presence in the huddle. Jason is still in his infancy stages as a QB but will be as good as Doug Williams in time.

But getting back to the game. I love it when John Madden does our games. He always has good things to say about Gibbs.

Thats true. And I think the Giants have had trouble on primetime this year[/Quote]

The Giants have trouble every year in primetime. Luckily, the Giants only have to win one of the next two games if that to make the playoffs. I can't root for you guys to beat the Giants but if they are in before the game because of losses by other teams, maybe I wouldn't be completely upset if the Skins won this one time. Heck, the Giants are home so a loss is 50/50. The Giants are 3-3 at home and 6-1 on the road.

I looked into it pretty in depth. And there's very few scenarios where the Giants don't make the wild card this year.

Only 3 teams have the ability to unseat them for a wild card spot.

Saints

Vikings

Skins

The Gnats will hold tie breakers over all the remaining 6-7 clubs on the out- looking in.

If NO wins out and Vikings win 2/3 or more, AND the Giants lose out - then NO and the Vikes take the wild card spots.

All the other scenarios get super complex and have to do with NFC records and common opponents figuring themselves out in week 16 and 17.

So, here's hoping to the 'Skins getting a win on a Giants club that is hopefully aware that the wild card is basically already theirs.

If i am not mistaken the last time we played New York during primetime we won. I think it was the 2000 year under Norv. We went up there and won. I think it started the win streak that got us to 6-2 but only to tank and finish 8-8.

I think we were the only team that year to beat the Ravens and Giants who both played in SB.

You are correct on the game was in 2000 under Norval and we won 5 in a row to go to 6-2 after starting 1-2.

I looked it up and the Tennessee Titans also beat both the Ravens and Giants that year too.

I was hoping it would get moved to an afternoon game. I will be in attendance. Giants stadium doesn't sell alcohol during night games. Learned that horrible lesson in 2000 not having tailgated before hand. We also happened to beat them down on Sunday Night football that year.

Archived