Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Returned Tickets

Redskins Diehard

As everyone that has put an e-mail address on the season ticket wait list knows visiting teams are given some tickets for games. Now it seems like the Redskin opponents, and networks, always return tickets for our home games. How do we get our hands on tickets for Redskins' away games? How do we prevent Giants wait list people from getting an e-mail saying they received tickets back from the Redskins? Do we have to buy the ridiculous $285 per person package that inlcudes a hotel room? $530 for a pair of seats?

Got all that. But apparently visiting teams get an allotment of tickets. Just wondering why it looks like the Redskins require some $265 per person package to get a pair of tickets against the Giants. They should sell us the tickets and then charter a bus up there.

Teams can only use those tickets for players, coaches, staff, and sponsors. Because the travel agency that sells the package you are refering to is a Redskin's sponsor, they can receive a certain number of tickets for each away game as part of their contract. The team is not allowed to see the tickets to fans, per NFL rules.

Just wondering why it looks like the Redskins require some $265 per person package to get a pair of tickets against the Giants.

What else does the "package" include for the $265?

BTW, I called the NYG's TO to ask their procedure for selling "returned tix" that the visiting teams and media don't need/want.

I was told that if any tix are available for a game, they go onsale when the stadium opens 2 hours before kickoff. Fans must line up and there's no guarantee they'll get them b/c on average fewer than 100 tix are returned. Depends on the opponent and significance of the game, I gathered. The tix are not advertised. The NYG's TO doesn't know how many tix will be available until apx. two hours b/f kickoff.

Very different from how it works here.

BTW, I called the NYG's TO to ask their procedure for selling "returned tix" that the visiting teams and media don't need/want.

I was told that if any tix are available for a game, they go onsale when the stadium opens 2 hours before kickoff. Fans must line up and there's no guarantee they'll get them b/c on average fewer than 100 tix are returned. Depends on the opponent and significance of the game, I gathered. The tix are not advertised. The NYG's TO doesn't know how many tix will be available until apx. two hours b/f kickoff.

Yea, some teams dont sell them at all because those tickets dont go against a sellout and its sometimes more of a hassle to sell them in certain markets (think Jacksonville). The Skins know that there are fans out there looking for tickets and open them up.

The package includes the hotel and some of them include airfare, but they are most expensive for that i believe

While there are a certain number of people in each fanbase that probably do buy away game tickets from the team, I believe that the majority of the visiting fans in NFL stadiums are probably people that are transplanted in that city, or for some reason grew up rooting for that team (if-DC area Dallas fans, or Dallas area Redskin fans). So I would bet that the majority of people that go to away games with their teams don't use the packages sold by the team. With sites such as ebay, it's fairly easy to get tickets to games these days.

I am going to my brothers house and will be driving back from Atlanta that day, thus I can not make it and have to sell my tickets (only to skins fans).

Selling for cost, 2 seats, $66 each...obo

Section 424, Row 22, seats 21 and 22 (the far left side of the section, towards the center, not the end zone)

Visitors side of the field, looking at Skins bench.

Right Goal line (jumbotron to your left)

I live in Jersey and if you want seats to Skins games here you just go to the stadium and buy them for face at the ticket office. You will be in nosebleeds or endzones but you won't get robbed. Sign up on the Eagles and Giants sites and you will gain access to even more options.

Actually, it seems like there are really no bad seats in Giants Stadium. I live in CT and went to Steeler/Jets a few weeks ago. We were 4-5 rows from the top, but it wasn't like 4-5 rows from the top at FedEx. The climb is steep and everything is close to the field.

Actually, it seems like there are really no bad seats in Giants Stadium. I live in CT and went to Steeler/Jets a few weeks ago. We were 4-5 rows from the top, but it wasn't like 4-5 rows from the top at FedEx. The climb is steep and everything is close to the field.

LOL!!! My season tix are in row 29 in 451, nothing like the last row at Fed Ex!!!!!!!!

The package they sell includes 2 tickets, and a night at the hotel the Skins are staying at. I used them to go to the SF game in Dec 2004 and the Green Bay game this year. They are more expensive than buying tix and booking your own hotel, but they are a travel agency and will turn a profit (just like any other business).

Archived