Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is just SAD....

DCCOP

while its a terrible tragedy that someone was killed, I think 2nd degree murder charges on a 13 yo kid are a bit harsh. I am not one of those that believes we should give him a free pass because he's a kid but he is just a kid. Hopefully these charges get reduced and I think the kid should get some form of harsh punishment but the kind of prison term 2nd degree murder holds would be a bit too much IMO.

while its a terrible tragedy that someone was killed, I think 2nd degree murder charges on a 13 yo kid are a bit harsh. I am not one of those that believes we should give him a free pass because he's a kid but he is just a kid. Hopefully these charges get reduced and I think the kid should get some form of harsh punishment but the kind of prison term 2nd degree murder holds would be a bit too much IMO.

I disagree. Kids these days act much older at 13 than they did in the past. They don't want to be kids--they want to be adults.

If you want to act like a stupid adult, you should be punished as one.

Burn him at the stake :evil:

I disagree. Kids these days act much older at 13 than they did in the past. They don't want to be kids--they want to be adults.

If you want to act like a stupid adult, you should be punished as one.

Burn him at the stake :evil:

I'm sorry but driving a car and shooting someone are 2 entirely different things. I don't know the circumstances surrounding this accident but I don't think he intentionally ran her over as a 2nd degree murder charge would imply. If he was drunk driving then I agree, burn him. If not then I think a lesser charge of manslaughter would be more appropriate as that is the charge a licensed driver would likely recieve, barring it not being negligence.:2cents:

The 13 yr old was driving a STOLEN car at a high rate of speed lost control and ran over the 18 yr old girl and crashed. When the car came to a stop the driver along with a few other young men got out of the car and ran from the scene.

There are some really stupid people in this country.

He's a juvenile so the setence will not be the same as it would for an adult. He'll likely get something like 5 years reduced to a year with probation. When he turns 18, his record will be expunged. Not harsh at all if you ask me. What I want to know is what are they charging his parents with and where the **** were they?

There are some really stupid people in this country.

He's a juvenile so the setence will not be the same as it would for an adult. He'll likely get something like 5 years reduced to a year with probation. When he turns 18, his record will be expunged. Not harsh at all if you ask me. What I want to know is what are they charging his parents with and where the **** were they?

Thanks for making that piont I was just getting ready to go in that direction myself. As far as charging the parents thats not going to happen. This is DC you can't blame the parents for anything.

Stories like these freak me out because my wife and I are about to have our first kid and things are alot different now then when I was a kid. But then again stories like this make me want to be a parent who at least has some clue of what is going on in their kids lives.

:2cents:

Archived