Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Niners almost made a deal for Lance Briggs

CowboysSaintsFan

The 49ers were reportedly close to acquiring LB Lance Briggs from the Bears in the days leading up to October's trade deadline.

Chicago was to trade Briggs for an unspecified draft pick, and the 49ers were to sign him long term. But an NFL rule made the new contract impossible because Briggs was another team's franchise player, and talks were called off. Yahoo's Jason Cole writes that Chicago expects to lose Briggs to free agency and that the 49ers may be the favorites to get him.

Source: Yahoo Sports

The 49ers are going through a phase which the Giants will go through soon. Alex Smith has been a total bust as a #1 pick and I feel for Mike Nolan an the 9ers. They will have to ride out some years and develop a new Quarterback.

Pretty soon, the Giants will have to develop a new Quarterback, sending that franchise into years of mediocrity and poor play.

The 49ers are going through a phase which the Giants will go through soon. Alex Smith has been a total bust as a #1 pick and I feel for Mike Nolan an the 9ers. They will have to ride out some years and develop a new Quarterback.

Pretty soon, the Giants will have to develop a new Quarterback, sending that franchise into years of mediocrity and poor play.

???

Yeah because going to the playoffs three years in a row is obviously a sign that the giants need to revamp the team. Wow... If the giants replace eli they would either pick up a guy in FA or trade or draft and groom one behind him. The giants ownership and general manager are very loyal to their choices, eli will be around for 2 more years at least, especially if they win a playoff game this year. You can keep on wishing, because even with eli playing the way he does now, the giants are still one of the top teams in the nfc.

I thought Briggs just signed some huge long term deal with the Bears...or was that rumor bs?

i heard the same thing somewhere as well. but i thought that the deadline for signing franchise player passed before briggs even signed the tender. so if that were the case, he couldnt have signed any deal this season.

Archived