Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sunday's Games - Teams to root for/against

AllSkinsfan

Also the Giants (they're likely having one wildcard spot, so we want them to hurt Philly). The BIG ones are DAL over DET, and SEA over ARI (SF over MIN is unlikely).

It would indeed be these same games for me. As for San Fran over Min, stranger things have happened. :laugh:

OK just so we are clear NOBODY ON THIS BOARD (who is a self-respecting Redskins Fan) should EVER root for the Dallas Cowboys.....EVER. We want Detroit to "drop" a game or two....but cheering for the Cowboys is sac-relgious...IMO

I don't think we're cheering for them as much as we just want to see the score on the ticker read Dal 21 - Det 20.

OK just so we are clear NOBODY ON THIS BOARD (who is a self-respecting Redskins Fan) should EVER root for the Dallas Cowboys.....EVER. We want Detroit to "drop" a game or two....but cheering for the Cowboys is sac-relgious...IMO

Detroit is in meltdown mode.

No worries there.

Wrong...I don't care who it is, if a given team helps our cause by winning, you root for them.

Some people here seem to hate Dallas more than they like the Redskins...that's dumb.

We can root for a lot of teams over the next couple of weeks.

The easiest way for us to get in is...

1) Obviously win out. This is by far the hardest part.

and

2) The following must happen over the next 4 weeks:

Eagles lose 1 game

Lions lose 1 game

Cardinals lose 1 game

Saints lose 1 game

Panthers lose 1 game

Believe!

Actually I don't think we don't need the Eagles to lose because I think they have 6 conf losses so if we win out (If) we have a better conf record (5 losses) and win the tiebreak. I'm not yet conceding the 1st spot to the G men. If they win this Sun yes, but if Philly wins things might get dicey for them 'cause they have us next and finish with the Pats. I can see a Coughlin collapse coming.

If we win the next 3 games, we're going to make the playoffs. We'll have a better conf. record (or tie) with the Cards, Vikings, Lions, and Eagles. Also, a win over them too. The only team that will have the tie breaker over us if they win out is New Orleans. Carolina is not going to win out, they have a very tough schedule ahead.

It is going to be very, very difficult, but doable.

The Redskins will be rooting for Dallas. How about that? The cowboys will be our biggest ally the rest of the way with games against Detroit, Philly and Carolina. We want them to win every week and then rest their starters against us if the game can get us in playoffs. Skins coaches and players will be pulling for dallas it does not make rivalry any less. We need help right now.

Just think of it as a "getchaback" for their kindnesses here last week. While I agree with your sentiment, I was pretty moved by some of their posts.

That said, go 9ers, Jags, G-men, Falcs, 'Hawks, and yes, 'Boys.

Also, lest we forget (if my math is correct) Joe Gibbs is 37-18 (.672) for his career in December. It was even better than that before dropping 4-out-of-5 last year.

I'll tell you what else. If Coach Joe can limp this team into the playoffs, from two games under .500 in early December, with the O-line injuries we've had all year, key defensive injuries for most of the Season (Washington, Smoot and Springs all nursing ailments), the loss of our starting QB, and the death of Sean, it just might be the greatest coaching accomplishment of his career.

Put me down in the "Still Has Faith in Joe Jackson Gibbs" column.

Honestly, the one to really watch is the Arizona vs Seattle game. That one is REALLY key for us. They finish with NO, Atlanta and St Louis. If they win out we won't make the playoffs, save for the Giants losing out.

Carolina, Detroit and Philly aren't really threats because of their schedules. New Orleans would have a better conference record than us should we end with the same record as them so they are another team to watch and their remaining schedule is Atlanta, Arizona, Philadelphia and Chicago. Not exactly tough sledding.

Ideally, Arizona would lose to Seattle this week and beat New Orleans next week, then it'd be in our control. But we really need Seattle to come through this week. I don't see Arizona losing any of those last 3 games, especially if they beat Seattle.

The good thing is, Arizona's excellent WR's are pretty banged up. From what I hear both Boldin and Fitzgerald will be out this week.

If ATL can pull the upset over New Orleans and we can beat the Giants, I will feel very good about our playoff chances. I'm just not that scared of Minnesota. I have confidence that Williams can figure out a way to stop their run game.

Would you rather have Dallas lose and not make the playoffs?

Dumb

Actually I don't think we don't need the Eagles to lose because I think they have 6 conf losses so if we win out (If) we have a better conf record (5 losses) and win the tiebreak. I'm not yet conceding the 1st spot to the G men. If they win this Sun yes, but if Philly wins things might get dicey for them 'cause they have us next and finish with the Pats. I can see a Coughlin collapse coming.

I'm thinking the same thing. If the Eagles win Sunday, things can get very interesting.

Also, conf record isn't the third tiebreaker between division teams, Common opponents are:

Currently they stack like this:

Washington: (4-4) Common games left against Dallas & Minnesota

NY Giants: (4-4) Common games left against Buffalo & New England

Philadelphia: (4-4) Common games left against Dallas & Buffalo

Should the Giants collapse, they will be the first team out in a three team tiebreaker. Just with the Division Record.

Then the Eagles & Skins would match up, and the Skins would get in because with the common opponents tied, it would go to the Conf Record,

So this was just a big waste of time.... :)

exactly what I was thinking!!!!!!

If Dallas winning means more success for the Redskins in the long runs, then you root for Dallas. Not doing so would imply that you care more about hate the Cowboys than loving the Redskins.

Amen to that. I cannot make myself cheer for the Cowgirls no matter what. But we do need them to drop the Lions. And yes.. The biggest game is the Seahawks over the Cards

Archived