Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

XBox Arcade...worth buying?

dwbiggs

Me here again...can't find a Wii for the 12 year old so I guess its an XBox. Is the Arcade...which I guess is similar in performance to a Wii, worth getting? Or should I spring for the Premium setup? What are the advatages to the Premium...to a novice gamer?

Me here again...can't find a Wii for the 12 year old so I guess its an XBox. Is the Arcade...which I guess is similar in performance to a Wii, worth getting? Or should I spring for the Premium setup? What are the advatages to the Premium...to a novice gamer?

Well, you can get xbox arcade with xbox live, I am assuming that the xbox arcade version is preloaded with some classic games?

The premium has a 20 gig hard drive, without the preloaded games.

I don't know if a novice gamer or 12 would enjoy the xbox 360, as most games that a 12 year old would play would be on the nintendo.

Get the premium. Since the Prem comes with the harddrive, this will allow you to save games without having to buy a memory card(currently $30). The current prem version also comes with 2 games, racing and a marvel game. Thes games that come with the arcade version are as follows:

Feeding Frenzy

Luxor 2

Boom Boom Rocket

Pac-Man Championship Edition

Uno

Basically older games that you could download for $5 if you even want them.

Overall though, any Xbox 360 you choose will not be that similar to the wii due to the way you control games on the wii.

Archived