Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP Insider: La Canfora guesses Campbell out 4 weeks

Rocky21

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Spoke to some sources close to him who say that barring something crazy showing up on the MRI - and the Redskins and their doctors do not expect anything severe in this case - that this looks like a 4 week injury.

They are reading the MRI now, but the early sentiment expressed to Campbell was that it was "nothing major," and a standard dislocated knee cap. Coach Gibbs might not have the full word when he speaks to us at 3 pm, so we may have to wait until later in the afternoon to speak to Bubba and get the final word on the injury and Campbell's projected recovery.

Well, that certainly would mean the season...even if we make the playoffs.

???

If we make the playoffs, that is in just over 4 weeks. We have 10 days off from last night's game, then 3 more games is 3 weeks then the playoff is 4 weeks. That is over 4 weeks so he COULD return but that's if we make it.

???

If we make the playoffs, that is in just over 4 weeks. We have 10 days off from last night's game, then 3 more games is 3 weeks then the playoff is 4 weeks. That is over 4 weeks so he COULD return but that's if we make it.

If we actually make the playoffs that's implying that we did something right........i.e., either 3-1, or most likely, 4-0 in our last four games.

I would want the guy who led us to being 4-0 and making the playoffs to be the guy starting that hypothetical playoff game.

I don't know any specifics about Campbell, but DeMarco Murray of OU recent sustained the same injury. From what I understand, it can stretch the ligaments when it happens, and it also can pop back out of place very easily. It is not as bad as a knee tear, but it's certainly a serious injury.

If we actually make the playoffs that's implying that we did something right........i.e., either 3-1, or most likely, 4-0 in our last four games.

I would want the guy who led us to being 4-0 and making the playoffs to be the guy starting that hypothetical playoff game.

Yes, but at the same time you want Jason to get playoff experience (if we make it).

Yes, but at the same time you want Jason to get playoff experience (if we make it).

No, if Collins gets us there you stick with him. Switching QB's would be stupid and could easily kill all of our momentum (should we actually gain some and make that run).

Jason will just have to get his playoff experience next year.

No, if Collins gets us there you stick with him. Switching QB's would be stupid and could easily kill all of our momentum (should we actually gain some and make that run).

I think it depends on how we win really. If we win in spite of TC, then certainly you put JC back in (see bears last year with the qb switch that put rex in for orton) otherwise I'd be hard pressed to change.

it's always the cheerleaders and waterboys that make comments like this.

BS. In the HIGHLY unlikely event that Collins gets us to 3-0 in these next three games, it means he will have been playing INCREDIBLE football. We have to beat GOOD teams on the road. If he does that, he'll start in the playoffs.

What if we get there the way we did in 05 with turnovers and so so qb play just managing the game?

Lets assume we do get the Wild Card Spot, Do you honestly think we are then on our way to a Super Bowl? Sorry but if Campbell can play, he plays, he's our future and he needs playoff experience.

Point exactly. Everyone can point to Campbell's mistakes......but those are mistakes of a typical young QB with only 20 starts under his belt. In the unlikely event that we do make the playoffs you definately start Campbell if he's available.......he needs all the regular season and postseason experience available.

Archived