Extremeskins

This just in: Aikman praises Cowboys

tr1

Will Todd Collins be our Jeff Garcia  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Will Todd Collins be our Jeff Garcia

• Yes
    • No

Aikman was a good "analyst" until the pukes improved this year. As they improve he get homeristically worse... He' pretty awful right now.

http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/346997.html

Cowboys Hall of Fame quarterback Troy Aikman can feel the excitement that has returned to his former team.

The Fox NFL analyst stopped by the team's Valley Ranch headquarters Thursday and said he could sense a winning atmosphere like he once felt. The Cowboys are in the midst of an historic 11-1 season with big postseason expectations. Aikman believes the Cowboys would be the best test in Super Bowl XLII if they were to play the Patriots.

"I believe that the best chance the NFC has to win the Super Bowl, regardless of who it is they're playing, is with Dallas," Aikman said. "I think Dallas matches up extremely well against New England. And I think they match up with anyone else the AFC could put out there."

He also praised the play of quarterback Tony Romo sits to pee.

"I think he's a much more athletic quarterback than I was," Aikman said. "I think he does things that are a lot better than what I did and then I think again at the end of the day it's about winning games, and I was fortunate to win a lot of those. I think if you put two of my best years together it wouldn't come up with the numbers he's going to have at the end of the season."

Aikman said he wouldn't mind mentoring Romo sits to pee as Roger Staubach did for him.

"I've made it clear to Tony that anything I can do to help him or answer any questions for him," Aikman said. "If he wants to talk about it, I'd be happy to."

He's talking about an 11-1 team. So he can't praise them because he used to play for them?

I also don't see the big deal with him working with Romo sits to pee. As long as it doesn't effect his commentary, which I've never seen evidence of, he should be allowed to have ties to his former team.

I think if the Skins were in the same position as the Cowboys, then Aikman would have similar praise for them. Aikman is probably the best commentator in the game today. I just wish they would get him a better partner than Joe Buck. At least Joe Buck is not Bryant Gumbel!

As for him helping out his former team, good for him! They supported him all of those years and gave him millions. If I was in his shoes, then I would do the same thing!

I don't mind as long as he does not become biased in his commentary. If that happens, then he needs to go like so many others.

TR1,

it is actually quite unusual for Aikman to publicly praise his former franchise, despite his obvious soft spot for them. Most Dallas fans will tell you that he's extra hard on them so as to not appear to be homerish. Of course most Cowboy haters will reply that he's a homer and rail against anything of Silver and Blue origin. I suspect that the truth lies somewhere in the middle, but such is life....

Edit: I forgot to add, so glad you are back, this forum isn't the same without your "opinions"....

Okay, so fellas, tell me how you can be objective about a guy when you're tutoring him?

Sorry if I not buying it.

You only need to listen to his commentary when he's doing a puke game to see the blatant bias.

Hey, it's not his fault they have him do every puke game. It's just irritating to their opponent's fans.

:2cents:

So if Aikman criticizes the Cowboys when they are bad, he's unbiased. But if he praises them when he's good, he's biased. Do I have that right?

Um, no, but when they're getting outplayed in a first half, and he says something to the effect that "the pukes a great football team," well, then, yes, he's not being very objective...

What's wrong with any of this. I HATE the Cowboys as much as anyone, but Aikman is THE BEST commentator/analyst out there by far. Plus, Romo sits to pee's stats are eclipsing his, so what he's saying is accurate. We don't have to like it, but get over it.

Nothings wrong at all Riggo.

It's just good ole tr1 being tr1.

Stirring the pot even though theres nothing to stir.

Okay, so fellas, tell me how you can be objective about a guy when you're tutoring him?

You only need to listen to his commentary when he's doing a puke game to see the blatant bias.

Hey, it's not his fault they have him do every puke game. It's just irritating to their opponent's fans.

Seems like your the only one who is irritated. :whoknows: :whoknows:

Um, no, but when they're getting outplayed in a first half, and he says something to the effect that "the pukes a great football team," well, then, yes, he's not being very objective...

When were the Cowboys "outplayed" in the first half other than the Bills and Patriots game?

As an analyst

Aikman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thiesman

he's by far the most biased personality I've heard on TV

Actually I disagree in both accounts. Yeah, aikman is a better commentator, but whenever I have watched either one of them calling a game with their former teams playing, it seems like they almost go out of their way to not say to much positive about their former team. I have always respected aikman for doing that. Their are certainly commentators out therethat seem to root against the skins and they make a habit out of it.

I guess it's only okay if a Redskins analyst does it.

Troy finally comin' around.

Took him long enough to recognize exactly Dallas has in Romo sits to pee.

Until the mid point of this season Aikman rarely showed homeristic tendencies. I've always admired him for this as well as his all around talent in the booth.

I understand why the homer in him bleeds through but I don't like it. Regardless of team, I do not enjoy listening to announcers (yes including JT) who push their team loyalties.

IMO one of the most important jobs of an announcer at a national level is being unbiased. For the first time in his short and excellent career, Aikman is stepping over this line.:2cents:

Archived