Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Only a Joe Gibbs Coached Team Could've Won Lastnight

KingGibbs

Do people realize what just happened lastnight? Do people realize that this team just buried their teammate and friend just three days earlier? So many people are focusing on the negatives and not realizing what just happened lastnight.

I saw a team come out determined to win despite having all odds stacked against them. I saw a team have players come in and fill-in admirably when their teammate go down. I saw a team who were playing on nothing but pure will, determination and adrenaline.

Think about what happened lastnight people.

I've already mentioned what they were dealing with in regards to the Taylor tragedy, but let's look at the adversity they were facing on the field.

1.Jason Campbell goes out in the second quarter due to an injury.

2.They bring in a cold QB literally and figuratively speaking whom has not thrown a pass in what seems an eternity.

3.They start what is now their third RT of the season.

4.They start a RG who hasn't played since week two and have to go back to Fabini.

5.Cooley leaves the game for a while due to injury.

6.They lose yet another starting corner for a good portion of the game.

7.Laron Landry is moved to FS and Doughty to SS.

The list goes on.

As the play clock expired lastnight I didn't yell or scream in jubilation. I sat their in silence at what I just witnessed.

I just witnessed a team defy the odds and win a game they had no business winning due to the distractions presented to them.

People will criticize Joe Gibbs and it may be justified some of the time, but this might of been coach Gibbs best game as a head coach. I don't mean in terms of X's and O's, but in terms of having a team ready to play with the resolve and passion that they did lastnight.

This is why so many of us love Joe Gibbs and only a Joe Gibbs team could've won, indeed.

Ahahaha, this thread is a joke. Only a Joe Gibbs team could have won under the circumstances? Give me a break. That is the biggest load of **** I've ever heard. Why didn't our special Joe Gibbs beat the Bills last week? The team was so furious over his mismanagement they took it on themselves to play harder and kicked Joe out of the pre-game locker room last night. Way to do some fact checking there stud. We won because the players played hard, and the players were given an opportunity to win because someone didn't interfere with the 2nd half playcalling and ruin yet another game.

They were playing the Bears at home and knocked their starting QB out in the first quarter.

I don't think this one is going in any time capsule.

I'm pretty certain every 'skins fan will remember this one due to the circumstances leading up to the game. Deny it all you want.

Ahahaha, this thread is a joke. Only a Joe Gibbs team could have won under the circumstances? Give me a break. That is the biggest load of **** I've ever heard. Why didn't our special Joe Gibbs beat the Bills last week? The team was so furious over his mismanagement they took it on themselves to play harder and kicked Joe out of the pre-game locker room last night. Way to do some fact checking there stud. We won because the players played hard, and the players were given an opportunity to win because someone didn't interfere with the 2nd half playcalling and ruin yet another game.

You're right. It's not like they were dealing with the fact that their teammate was murdered that week. :rolleyes:

They played hard in honor of Sean and the fact that they respect Joe gibbs the man and how he deals with situations.

The coaches did a fantastic job last night and I'm glad, but we still blew it against the Bills, only the Redskins could lose a game that meant so much to so many =\, we have 3 TOUGH games coming up and we still may end up finishing 9-7 or 8-8, its not what we wanted or what even SHOULD have happened but it will be an improvment over last year, even if we are 6-10 it is better although it won't feel like it, we just need to keep trying, and we REALLY need to figure out why this team gets SO many injuries every year, its amazing

*edit* tE aMO

You're right. It's not like they were dealing with the fact that their teammate was murdered that week. :rolleyes:

They played hard in honor of Sean and the fact that they respect Joe gibbs the man and how he deals with situations.

They did it for Sean, absolutely. Unfortunately, that's not what this thread is about. To suggest that it was Joe's leadership that got them to play hard, or that they wanted to win for Joe too is just dumb. There is nothing that suggests that, in fact, the evidence suggests just the opposite. We've heard quotes all season about how they feel the need to make up for all the coaching errors, and they don't like how the team changes direction in the 2nd half. Those are thinly veiled shots at Gibbs. They don't trust him, and they don't think he can lead them to anything. Why else would they tell him to stay out of the locker room and keep the doom and gloom to himself? Ballgame.

Ha! this is a funny post.....and only Joe Gibbs 2.0 can give up half time leads the way we do.....LOL! Give me a break, the players won this game....Gibbs finally decided to throw it and keep scoring instead of burning the clock....let's try and ease our praise of this man

They did it for Sean, absolutely. Unfortunately, that's not what this thread is about. To suggest that it was Joe's leadership that got them to play hard, or that they wanted to win for Joe too is just dumb. There is nothing that suggests that, in fact, the evidence suggests just the opposite. We've heard quotes all season about how they feel the need to make up for all the coaching errors, and they don't like how the team changes direction in the 2nd half. They don't trust him, and they don't think he can lead them to anything. Why else would they tell him to stay out of the locker room and keep the doom and gloom to himself? Ballgame.

And we're supposed to expect an unbiased view from you on Gibbs when you insult him in your sig?

Normally when the team keeps it "players only" the coaches aren't criticized. Oh, but now that all of you hate Gibbs it is his fault. The OP has a point in that Gibbs personality is helping in this team through a difficult time. You don't know what they're going through, none of us do. So pretending you know what's going on internally with the Skins (and all your statements are assumptions) and trying to pass it as fact is BS. The Skins did overcome a lot of odds last night, and to pretend their head coach had nothing to do with it, simply because the head coach is the center of everyone's hissy fit right now, is pretty ****ing lame.

The reason we didn't beat the Bills last week is because this team was still somewhat traumatized from the loss of their fallen commrad. They may have been on the field for the bills game but mentally they were still with Sean and his family. As great a coach as Joe Gibbs is, not even he can keep his team focused on a football game when they just lost not only their best player, but best friend as well.

I said somewhere else here that the funeral provided closure for everyone and that this is the week they pull on out for Sean. Of course, I didn't know that we'd lose JC early in the game but I knew this team would come out with a renewed sense of purpose. And they did. And I tip my hat to Coach Gibbs for having them ready to go and then keeping them focused with a winner's mentality when JC went down. That's exactly what winners do and that's exactly what Joe Gibbs is.

Sorry if you disagree.

meast4eva

I could be wrong, but I think the Skins were favored to win this one all along.

The Skins with Jason Campbell starting, and Springs, Cooley, Thomas, Portis, and Smoot starting all game. were favored to win. The OP even mentioned some of the hurdles we had to face last night because of the injuries.

I'm sure Gibbs isn't the only coach who could have prepared his team to win as we did last night. However you did leave one thing out......we only had a half a day of practice.

Yep. Thank you for reminding me, but I did mention that they had to gameplan on the flight back from Sean's funeral.

Archived