Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One thing to give the OL credit for

TheLongshot

Like last Sunday, it wasn't a real good game for the OL. Against a team that has been bad against the run all year, we could do nothing against them on the ground.

But, when Collins was in there, they gave him excellent protection and enough time to find his receivers. At the end, they stepped up and helped win the game for us.

Jason

Like last Sunday, it wasn't a real good game for the OL. Against a team that has been bad against the run all year, we could do nothing against them on the ground.

But, when Collins was in there, they gave him excellent protection and enough time to find his receivers. At the end, they stepped up and helped win the game for us.

Jason

Respectfully disagree.

This kind of thinking reminds me of that one Chris Rock standup where he was making fun of the ridiculous arguments you often hear from irresponsible people such as "Well I got a job, don't I? I pay the rent, don't I? I pay my child support, don't I?" To which Chris Rock responds, "You SUPPOSED to have a job!! You're SUPPOSED to pay rent! You want medal for something normal people do?"

Point being - we're SUPPOSED to protect the quarterback. That's their job. It's also their job to give Portis more than a sliver of daylight to run through. In fact, that's their MAIN job. This offense is built, based on, designed for, and predicated on running the football.

The fact that Campbell just broke a FRANCHISE RECORD for most number passes in a 3-game span mean that our line is failing, miserably, at this main duty of theirs. Hard to play the injury card here because A) they've proven more than capable of giving him holes in earlier weeks and B) they had Sellers and Thomas in the lineup. There's no excuse, really. The play has been lousy and unacceptable.

I don't think they were bad then got good because Collins came in, give me a break. They looked better because the guy taking the snaps wasn't dawdling back there figuring out where to go and then taking forever with his wind-up release.

Don't get me wrong, Jason has shown flashes of decisiveness and surgeon-like precision but Collins gave a glimpse of how QB is supposed to be played in this offense (and most NFL offenses.)

Archived