Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Skins needed a Spark

danthemann71

I love Jason Campbell.

Here, let me say it again in case you didn't hear me: I love Jason Campbell.

BUT...at a very important time of the season, the skins needed a spark, and got one from Todd Collins. Sure, he was a little rusty and nervous at first, but he hasn't played for years. The guy threw for 250 yds and 2 TDs in about half a football game! He knows the system. He's a wily veteran. I remember when he came in, I said, "Todd f*&%ing Collins?" But after the game, I was like, "F*$%ing Todd Collins!" This is the guy who can lead us into the playoffs if Jason's hurt. Jason has a very bright future ahead of him, but he is still young and makes young mistakes. He got some good playing time and experience this year, but Todd Collins can lead us into the playoffs.

Oh, and PS: Shawn Springs' first INT is the reason why we give so much cushion off the receivers. We play the QB, not the receiver.

I love Jason Campbell.

Here, let me say it again in case you didn't hear me: I love Jason Campbell.

BUT...at a very important time of the season, the skins needed a spark, and got one from Todd Collins. Sure, he was a little rusty and nervous at first, but he hasn't played for years. The guy threw for 250 yds and 2 TDs in about half a football game! He knows the system. He's a wily veteran. I remember when he came in, I said, "Todd f*&%ing Collins?" But after the game, I was like, "F*$%ing Todd Collins!" This is the guy who can lead us into the playoffs if Jason's hurt. Jason has a very bright future ahead of him, but he is still young and makes young mistakes. He got some good playing time and experience this year, but Todd Collins can lead us into the playoffs.

Oh, and PS: Shawn Springs' first INT is the reason why we give so much cushion off the receivers. We play the QB, not the receiver.

Damn good posts, I agree with everything, I highlighted my favorite part though. :laugh:

Agreed. Jason is our quarterback, but if Collins provided the spark we needed, I couldn't be happier. He played great.

Getting on here this morning and seeing all the Todd Collins is the man threads made me sick to my stomach though. Really, how bad do things have to be in Redskinland for everyone to get that excited about Todd Collins. :doh:

It will be interesting to see how Collins plays with his knowledge of the offense. There isnt a QB in all of football who knows Saunders offense better. He doesnt have the physical ability Campbell has, but itll be fun to watch.

On springs, he himself said in the postgame interview he got tired of sitting back, and just decided to take a chance. You want to know why we get those so infrequently? They are coached not to. It took a player getting tired of it and then deciding it was time to take a chance for that play to happen.

I loved this post...very true. Had the same reaction when Collins came in and after the game. I completely support JC as well and agree we needed a spark desperately, and yes indeedy Collins is probably the only one that "gets" the Saunders playbook completely..hell he has been around it long enough. So lets see what happens.

JC has stunk up the field and for some reason Gibbs takes ALL the blame for our losses. I've got all the hope in JC but Collins came out and showed how it should have been done all season long. No blaming Al, Joe or anyone else.

As for Springs, I am stoked he did well... He still needs to go at seasons end for all the money he gets.

On springs, he himself said in the postgame interview he got tired of sitting back, and just decided to take a chance. You want to know why we get those so infrequently? They are coached not to. It took a player getting tired of it and then deciding it was time to take a chance for that play to happen.

Yeah, you have to watch against the pump fake on the hitch 'n go routes. That's why they're coached to give the receiver the free 3-4 yards, I guess.

Archived