Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any two or three of us...

AllBusiness

Could call a better game on the NFL Network, than what they have on there now.

Chris Collinsworth may very well be the announcer I loathe most. There's still that fat-headed dude that has called some of our games in the past. But the fact that I can't remember his name now, puts Chrissy boy in front of the line!

Seriously, have any of you guys ever had your wife actually get mad at you for NOT looking into announcing? Mine has. I'll say something after a play, only to have whomever is calling the game, say the EXACT SAME THING. Of course any of you that have kept up with football for years, know all of the cliche things that are said. So amongst us, what mesmerizes our spouses, may not necessarily impress the others.

Seriously, have any of you guys ever had your wife actually get mad at you for NOT looking into announcing? Mine has. I'll say something after a play, only to have whomever is calling the game, say the EXACT SAME THING.

I was a radio announcer for 10 years, but no. Being able to rip off a one liner here or there is one thing. Being able to flap your gums and sound intelligent and entertaining for three and a half hours is another. I used to do a two hour talk show every day (in addition to music DJ'ing several other days per week). I loved it, but doing play by play is completely different!

Having said that, whenever I comment after a play, Sam Huff (I synch up the DVR with Sonny and Sam on Sirius) says almost the same thing, verbatim. However, I believe that Sam is senile. What does that say for *ME?!* :cry:

Archived