Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Was the Campbell shots retaliation ?

Mickalino

You kidding me? The Bears were thankful you knocked Grossman out.

Greise is EQUALLY as bad as Grossman.

It was Griese who threw TWO STRAIGHT Int's to Shawn Springs.

And also the question was also in reference to the questionable shot that Samuels made to take out Bears DT Baray

First, the shot to the elbow, and almost immediately after, the shot to the knee, and it was exactly the same type of tackle, as Griffin did on Grossman.

And after Chris Samuels knocked out Baray from the game with that chop block below the knee, I thought for sure the Bears would retaliate. So I wonder if the Campbell hits were in response to the Grossman and/or Baray knockouts

No, he should have slid to avoid the elbow shot. When he was hit dropping back it was a freak thing.

Chris made a very good point they need to ban all type of blocks below the waste. These guys are just to strong and can ruin someones career now with one low block.

"Mick"' date=' it does make you wonder - but the point I was getting from the announcers - this type of play needs to be a penalty. It is a career ending play for any QB, but each and every year TEAMS vote to keep it as an agressive non-penalty play. :doh: But we keep in a "kick out of bounds on the return" as 15 yard penalty?

Doesn't make sense - the amount of "protection penalities" surrounding the QB and this type of play is left in. Didn't Jason suffer from this type of play in pre-season? But last night, the Bears got the job done on his knee:([/quote']

It is a penalty. It's called the Carson Palmer rule. It was put in after his knee got destroyed against Pittsburgh in the playoffs. Almost any time the QB gets hit below the knee it's a flag. The play they were talking about was Samuel's play on the DT. That's the play that ends careers.

Anyway it was a clean football play on Campbell. Nothing anyone can do about it. It's football for Christ's sake.

I doubt it that is not their style that Bears team is a reflection of their coach Lovie Smith and he's as class as they come.

The same way the blatant clothesline that ended Ramsey's stint here was just accidental, but I don't think there was retaliation last night.

The guy who tackled Campbell first tackled Campbell by the waist. Campbell then was carried by his momentum and his leg got stuck to the turf in an awkward way.

Looked like an innocent gang tackle. One Bear even tried to break Campbell's fall.

First, the shot to the elbow, and almost immediately after, the shot to the knee, and it was exactly the same type of tackle, as Griffin did on Grossman.

And after Chris Samuels knocked out Baray from the game with that chop block below the knee, I thought for sure the Bears would retaliate. So I wonder if the Campbell hits were in response to the Grossman and/or Baray knockouts

No.

Archived