Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor's cousin

Griff

I posted this as a response to a thread about Miami's safety Phillips, but I wanted to start a thread about Sean's cousin, and be sure to look at his Highlight videos link at the bottom.

Next time we draft a saftey I want this kid, and i am sure he would love to follow his cousin's footsteps and wear the burgundy and gold... (He wears Sean's Miami #26

1289475.jpeg

At Florida State: Battling for playing time at the free safety position...a talented player who has a very bright career ahead of him as a Seminole...plays well at the safety position and hits like a linebacker...a solid tackler who hands out punishing hits from his safety position...is athletic enough to cover in man situations and tough enough not get caught in mismatches versus tight ends and backs.

2006: A redshirt season.

High School: Graduated from Gulliver Prep in 2006...a four-star player by Rivals.com and the 10th-ranked safety in the nation...rated as the No. 2 safety in the state of Florida by Rivals.com...a four-star player by Scout.com and the No. 11 safety in the country...earned all-state first team honors for Class 2A in 2005 as voted on by the Florida Sports Writers Association...voted the No. 1 recruit in the Miami-Dade area by the Miami Herald...joined Gulliver teammate and fellow Florida State player Evan Bellamy when he was named All-Dade County first team by the Miami Herald...named the No. 10 overall recruit in the state of Florida by the Miami Herald in their state Top 25...finished his senior season with 64 tackles and four interceptions on defense while scoring four touchdowns on offense from the wide receiver position ...chose Florida State over Miami, Florida, Minnesota and Georgia.

Personal: Born Oct. 22, 1987...is the cousin of former Miami Hurricane and current Washington Redskin Sean Taylor...enrolled in undergraduate studies.

http://seminoles.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/leon_anthony00.html

285999.jpg

He ever wore Sean's High School jersey #)

FS-Anthony Leon (Miami (Fla.) Gulliver Prep) Leon, the cousin of Washington Redskins’ Sean Taylor, runs and hits like his relative. The Scout.com No. 9 safety in the country is solid to Florida State and he won’t be taking anymore visits.

http://floridastate.scout.com/2/488527.html

Anthony Leon

S | 6'4" 215

Hometown: Miami, FL

School: Gulliver Prep School

Region: South

Evaluation: Leon is a special athlete who has a great frame and the skills to be a real force at the safety position. He is cousins with the Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor, and you can see similarities between the two when watching Leon play. It is never easy to find defensive backs built like Leon who also can run well and hit. He has the frame to add good bulk and if he does could be even more dangerous. He plays like a linebacker who is twelve yards off the ball. He is quick to come up in run support, and at times is like a heat seeking missile. He reads the play and quickly gets down hill, he is not afraid to mix it up between the tackles. He can find and exploit seams to make plays in the backfield. He covers ground quickly and can make plays off tackle and on the perimeter. He is a solid tackler that can deliver punishing hits at times. He is a ball hawk in the secondary in passing situations. He can cover ground and breaks on the ball well and can cover sideline to sideline. He has good hands and can make a play when he gets an opportunity. He presents a presence for receivers going over the middle. He is athletic enough to cover in man situations and will not get caught in mismatches versus tight ends and backs. He has good speed, is a fluid runner, and shows a burst to the ball. Watching Leon you get the feeling this is a player who is just scratching the surface of his ability. He has a great upside and the tools to be as good and dangerous as his cousin.

Notes: cousin of former Miami Hurricane and current Redskins safety Sean Taylor

http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncf/recrui...recruitId=33981

Go here and click on the HIGHLIGHT VIDEOS

http://iowapreps.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?sport=1&pr_key=44026

Has he ever actually played in a game?

Maybe we should wait for that.

I also think that he should change his name to Bassie.

Thats what I'm saying. I love his size and blood lines but I got to seem him on the field first. Although, his HS highlights were eerily similar to Sean on defense. Jury is still out though.

Archived