Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lifting the Curse

Burgold

I want suggestions of things we can do to lift this curse on the Redskins. I've never (well almost never) seen a team that is so snakebitten. From injuries, to flukey fumbles that always aim themselves for our opponents or for the shortest out of bounds angle, to ref calls at the worst time (does every third and forever require a first down penalty? By the way, yesterday's game was not indicative of this. Refs called an okayish game yesterday), to in-game amnesia by coaches, and off the field tragedies.

We need to do something... what will you do to exorcise this demon? Prayers? Inncence? Go on a four leaf clover hunt? Say something positive about our team? Rabbit's feet? Go without an indulgence? Stop shaving or showering?

What will you do? What can we do to end this string of terrible happenings.

Only here can a FO who brought in all the pieces who won the game last night be bashed the next day.

The win wasn't good enough? Or are you not going to cheer until you SEE results? Like they OWE you something?

Football is a lot like religion.

A good fan has Faith, Hope and Love. None of these are tied to tangibles. None of these are based on actuals.

I have faith we could win 4 straight.

I love JG and the skins.

I hope that we have seen the worst this team can do, and its only up from here!

If the last few weeks haven't earned Snyder some sympathy and relief from bashing, I guess nothing ever will. I know it's (probably) a joke, but adding negativity in a thread about lifting our curse... may just be throwing more bad kharma at our team.

If eating a plate of wings at Hooters for lunch to celebrate the victory last night will help, then I got you covered. Otherwise, I couldnt think of anything...

There has to be a curse... its unbelieveable the amount of injuries. I swear, it was so bad I figured the next thing would be that Gibbs would have a stroke.

Better team management and philosophy. Hire a GM.

Look at the history of the New England Patriots. This team was one of the biggest jokes in football just like the Redskins are now.

Things started turning around for them in 1994 when Robert Kraft bought the team and started doing things right.

Better team management and philosophy. Hire a GM.

Look at the history of the New England Patriots. This team was one of the biggest jokes in football just like the Redskins are now.

Things started turning around for them in 1994 when Robert Kraft bought the team and started doing things right.

Jokes? Seems to me that despite our best player being murdered, DESPITE our starting right side of our line going down. DESPITE a 4 day work week and DESPITE our starting QB getting injured. We are a half game out of the playoffs.

I see no joke there.

There has to be a curse... its unbelieveable the amount of injuries. I swear, it was so bad I figured the next thing would be that Gibbs would have a stroke.

Dude, Are you sure you are 39?

I am not sure how many injuries the Redskins have in comparison to other teams. However, the Redskins injuries are much more costly than that of other teams. This is because 90% of the their salary cap is being given to 10% of the players. Overpaid FA starters with extremely poor backups. A weak D-Line puts too much pressure on the LBs, CBs and Safeties. One key injury and the whole thing falls apart. Jon Janson gets injured and the O-Line becomes one of the worst in the league.

This has been going on for a while...a long while!!!

Portis "hit the nail on its head" last night - at the NFL post game interview:

"GO OUT AND HAVE FUN"

Yes, Coach, we know the opposing team is extremely tough, but every swingin' soul came through last night - HAVING FUN in the GAME HUNT for a WIN

So, every swingin' soul needs to show up for every game" ;)

With that said "in respect" for Coach, :vikesuck: :gaintsuck and most of all:dallasuck

I am not sure how many injuries the Redskins have in comparison to other teams. However, the Redskins injuries are much more costly than that of other teams. This is because 90% of the their salary cap is being given to 10% of the players. Overpaid FA starters with extremely poor backups. A weak D-Line puts too much pressure on the LBs, CBs and Safeties. One key injury and the whole thing falls apart. Jon Janson gets injured and the O-Line becomes one of the worst in the league.

:applause:

Jokes? Seems to me that despite our best player being murdered, DESPITE our starting right side of our line going down. DESPITE a 4 day work week and DESPITE our starting QB getting injured. We are a half game out of the playoffs.

I see no joke there.

Look at the Redskin's last 3 games:

At Giants (LOSS)

At Vikings (LOSS)

Cowboys (WIN) Only because the Cowboys will have HFA through the Playoffs wrapped up and will be playing their 3rd string scrup practice squad.

7-9 and no Playoffs.

Are you sure you're 46? :silly:

John Jansen, Todd Wade, Randy Thomas, and Rabach have all missed games this years. That's three starters and one back-up become starter. Jansen and Thomas have been gone the whole year. Heyer, an undrafted third stringer has had to step in repeatedly.

In the d back area, we are missing, our starting corner, our starting free safety, Smoot has been missing time. Which means that we have been relying on our fourth and fifth guys in Eubanks and Torrence for very long stretches.

At receiver, the start of the year was supposed to be Moss, El, and Lloyd. Moss has missed a multitude of games, El has missed a number of games, both have played wounded. McCardell and Caldwell weren't even on this team in September. Now, here maybe you have a little credibility in your draft rant, but again, we are relying on third and fourth stringers gotten midseason to prop up the team.

For the life of me I cannot figure out how a team that spends more than anyone else on salary and coaching, and charges more than 29 other teams for gamedays is given a free pass on not being prepared for injuries. All those wastefully traded draft picks over the last few years would sure look good if instead they came in the form of decent backups.

Who would have thought that this thread... beseeching fans to do something to lift a curse would instead be a haven for the "We hate Dan Snyder. We hate everything about the Redskins, but we're diehard fans." Fan Club.

No surprises here. I think the 'curse' and Snyder are one in the same.

Are you sure you're 46? :silly:

John Jansen, Todd Wade, Randy Thomas, and Rabach have all missed games this years. That's three starters and one back-up become starter. Jansen and Thomas have been gone the whole year. Heyer, an undrafted third stringer has had to step in repeatedly.

In the d back area, we are missing, our starting corner, our starting free safety, Smoot has been missing time. Which means that we have been relying on our fourth and fifth guys in Eubanks and Torrence for very long stretches.

At receiver, the start of the year was supposed to be Moss, El, and Lloyd. Moss has missed a multitude of games, El has missed a number of games, both have played wounded. McCardell and Caldwell weren't even on this team in September. Now, here maybe you have a little credibility in your draft rant, but again, we are relying on third and fourth stringers gotten midseason to prop up the team.

I understand. Let me add something.

The team is lopsided.

The team is not built evenly.

A chain is ONLY as strong as its weakest link.

The lopsided salaries result in poor quality backups.

No quality backups mean that too much pressure is being put on too few of the players. Jon Janson gets injured which starts a "domino effect" that destroys the entire right side of the O-Line.

This added pressure will increase the likelyhood of more injuries which will result in more pressure being put on even fewer players.

Picture a concrete dam with a hole in it.

The Redskins are filling the hole with mashed potatoes.

Yep, 39. Maybe you lose it at 40... I will see... (j/K)

Not sure what my age has to do with it... and I would agree they are not wise with their money but....

By my count we are minus 1 safety because of a murder.

The Right side of the Oline missed or will miss between 10 & 15 games this season.

Lost the starting DB at the mid-point.

The first time the 2 starting WR's all played in the same game for at least 3 or 4 games was last night.

Backups to WR's were so scarce the Skins had to sign a 37 yr old McCardell after he was cut from the Texas (!) - not meant as a knock - Keenan is playing hard.

Lose the starting franchise QB last night.

Smoot gets carted off.

Springs gets hurt.

Daniels is hurt.

Griffin is hurt.

Thomas returns and then gets hurt.

Starters probalby will miss a combined 50+ games before its all over.

This has to be the most jinxed season in the last 15 years - probably since the 92 season.

Really? Snyder makes the ball hop three times to Romo sits to pee in stride? Makes two fumbles hop perpendicularly out of bounds? Snyder makes all those phantom calls against the 'skins. Snyder is responsible for Taylor's murder? Snyder is responsible for us being competitive despite playing our fourth and fifth stringers against their first stringers? No wait... sorry, that could be construed as positive.

I think Snyder has proven his love of the Redskins in the past weeks.

Again, in the spirit of this thread (and being more specific) what positive thing can you do to lift the curse. (Notice that curses are rarely lifted due to empty whining, ****ing, and moaning)

While I don't truly buy in to the curse theory...I would be lying if I didn't say, I want a change of scenery. FedEx is too much like the Meadowlands South. New stadium where the crowd is always in their seats and not at the bars watching the big screens drinking a "Todd" Collins.

A shake up in the office by firing Vinny or at least reassigning him and hiring a proven GM and thinning out the heard of coaches would be the quickest cure.

Yep, 39. Maybe you lose it at 40... I will see... (j/K)

Not sure what my age has to do with it... and I would agree they are not wise with their money but....

By my count we are minus 1 safety because of a murder.

The Right side of the Oline missed or will miss between 10 & 15 games this season.

Lost the starting DB at the mid-point.

The first time the 2 starting WR's all played in the same game for at least 3 or 4 games was last night.

Backups to WR's were so scarce the Skins had to sign a 37 yr old McCardell after he was cut from the Texas (!) - not meant as a knock - Keenan is playing hard.

Lose the starting franchise QB last night.

Smoot gets carted off.

Springs gets hurt.

Daniels is hurt.

Griffin is hurt.

Thomas returns and then gets hurt.

Starters probalby will miss a combined 50+ games before its all over.

This has to be the most jinxed season in the last 15 years - probably since the 92 season.

Very true. This is the "Domino Effect". The team was not bult evenly. This is because the team was not built. It was bought.

The talent and salaries on the team are lopsided. This puts too much pressure and too few players which results in more injuries.

No surprises here. I think the 'curse' and Snyder are one in the same.

yet we have a higher winning percentage since he bought the team.

After Gibbs' retirement to the year Snyder bought the team .378, zero playoffs.

Since Snyder bought the team .468, 2 playoffs

Still not the ideal winning percentage, but he's not the one the field making (or not making) plays.

We finally have some stability now, but this year have been hit hard with injuries. The teams with the most injuries are the teams that are struggling the most. The teams with the least injuries have the best records. That's no coincidence.

Archived