Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Smoot Back?

method man

Is the Fred Smoot, the borderline Pro Bowler, we knew back in 04 back? The past couple games, he has been playing excellent football. The one bad thing he did today was miss one tackle, but, besides that, he has been playing motivated in the wake of Sean Taylor's death.

To see Smoot's value to the team, you just have to see how the team did when he was out.

Smoot has been inspired in the wake of Sean Taylor's death. Someone close to him, that he KNOWS played 150%, has been taken away from the team. He's playing hard.

It's hard to expect a player of Smoot's size to make every tackle presented to him. That said, he is a lot better than most smaller guys at tackling. Trouble is, he hurts himself doing it most every game.

He's played better the last 2 games than he has all year but honestly, I've been impessed with how he was doing any way. He's made almost as big an impact for this team as Fletcher IMO. HE and Moss(Randy) has shown me that sometimes what matters most is weather or not your happy were you are. Smoot loves it here in DC and I think it shows in how he's played as compared to the last couple years.

Archived