Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kudos to the coaching staff...with 6:43...(Merged)

trio

left in the game, up 17-13, we came out

with two consecutive down field throws to wide receivers....

I have been a big critic of this coaching staff....

but I certainly believe in giving credit where credit is due...

that decision i think won the game for us, as much as anything....

httr!

httr!

I agree, I also was happy to see us come out throwing instead of playing not to loose!

As someone who as had a lot of negative things to say about the coaching staff over the past few weeks, I've got to say - I give FULL credit to the coaches for this win. To pull this team together after the death of their best player, a short week, a bad loss, key injuries, and a must win week is a great feat.

Way to go Joe & Co. Keep it up. :applause:

i almost couldnt believe my eyes when we didnt go into our prevent offense there. I was thinking oh boy... here is where we have a chance to put away the game, except we put and leave the other team too much time, then they score a td and we lose...

I think it was a great decision to throw when they thought we would run with our backup quarterback in. You never know... we may run the table...

:cheers:

...and we did it out of "max protect" formations with short routes rather than "opening it up" and going four-wide. We still ran it on first down on two of our three opportunities; the drive was four runs and four passes.

It really wasn't that different from what we've been doing the last few games ... it's just that this time Santana and Randle El were healthier and getting open, and Collins made the throws.

WONDERFUL! Our beloved Skins were PLAYING TO WIN....to see them throwing on 1st down was fabulous. Credit to Todd Collins (who proved me wrong...he's not a bum), the O-line, Chris Cooley, Shawn Springs, the SPECIAL teams who kept Hester in check, and the play calling by Saunders and Gibbs. Hail to the Redskins!

well, alot of the credit should go to Collins. Because had he no made those throws, we'd be calling for the coaches' heads right now for not running out the clock.

Flimshaw! The criticism isn't necessarily about the end result but about letting fear rule your decision-making process and not playing to win in an aggressive fashion. NO, the vast majority of reasonable posters would not have called for anyone's head for going against the pattern of our last several losses.

httr!

I'll co-sign on this. I had expected this team to pretty much play thing conservative as usual and play it safe. I was proven wrong. Great game guys.

Archived