Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor was there in spirit (Merged)

DGreenistheBest

Who else felt this way? The tackling was spot on by the whole D. Smoot made some great open field tackles. LL got very physical (loved that late hit even though it was a penalty). Springs' picks were very ST-like. It was almost like ST was out there stepping it up for us. He would have been so proud right now.

I think Landry feels a responsibility to bring more physicality now that Sean is gone. It's really nice to see. I think he's going to be a very good player for us.

I agree, while no one can really replace Sean, Landry can definitely help us remember the hard-hitting playmaking characteristics that Sean was known for.

For my 100th post, I'd like to present this team and this fanbase with a defensive mantra to carry us through the rest of this tumultuous season. Every time you see a great defensive play made or a momentum changing hit occur, post in this thread...and ask yourself the simple question....

WHAT WOULD SEAN TAYLOR DO?

I'll start it off with the late hit by Laron. I LOVED IT. It's about time this defense started playing with a case of the redass.

HAIL!!!:cheers:

Laron did a great job and with some work and a few seasons under his belt I feel he could be a great FS. He showed a lot of things that Sean showed in his rookie season just how he played tonight with his passion and ferocity. Did anyone see him lay his body out with all he had on the play that himself and Smoot batted down the last pass attempt to the endzone? That was Sean right there laying it all out! Great Game for the entire Team, just hope everyone heals well.:applause:

Also, I really did feel that Sean's spirit was there mostly on the Clinton Portis run, I don't know why but when they showed that in the instant replay I mean it just had something about it that I thought Sean would be so proud the entire time it was on just with the jukes and cut backs I dunno that one did it for me to feel it in the game.

I agree, while no one can really replace Sean, Landry can definitely help us remember the hard-hitting playmaking characteristics that Sean was known for.

Minus the hands......Sean will never be replaced. Laron is going to be a great player for us though. We just need another playmaking safety back there with him. Doughty is a little bit better than Archuleta was in coverage. He is closer to the reciever when running to catch up to a TE/WR. He got lucky a couple of times tonight. Love the guy but lets not kid ourselves.

I watched Taylor drop 3 easy picks against Farve this year.It happens he will rebound thats why he's a safety not a WR.I'm sure thats something he will work on.

He also had 2 in that game.

ST was a ball hawk.

LL can cover and hit too but doesnt have ST hands.

I think LL coverage skills 2-3 years from now might be better than ST.

However ST can make big plays when he got his hand on the ball.

R.I.P

Landry should have held on to 2 INT's...like Sean should have held on to like...7 in Green Bay :D

Lets go down the playing with ST's spirit checklist shall we?

Did LaRon:

-Deck a WR? Check.

-Defend a large number of passes? Check.

-Get in the position for some big plays? Check.

-Make the other team shake in their cleats? Not yet :(

Getting better Mr. Landry :)

Landry should have held on to 2 INT's...like Sean should have held on to like...7 in Green Bay :D

Lets go down the playing with ST's spirit checklist shall we?

Did LaRon:

-Deck a WR? Check.

-Defend a large number of passes? Check.

-Get in the position for some big plays? Check.

-Make the other team shake in their cleats? Not yet :(

Getting better Mr. Landry :)

I dont mind cheap shots on wr!

It shows a nastyness its ST like.

It lets them know they are going to PAY!

He also had 2 in that game.

ST was a ball hawk.

LL can cover and hit too but doesnt have ST hands.

I think LL coverage skills 2-3 years from now might be better than ST.

However ST can make big plays when he got his hand on the ball.

R.I.P

He still dropped 3 picks point is, it was one game.Landry will be fine and he will find his hands.Lets give the guy a break he dropped one easy pick and dropped one tough one.Either way he still made the plays.

He still dropped 3 picks point is, it was one game.Landry will be fine and he will find his hands.Lets give the guy a break he dropped one easy pick and dropped one tough one.Either way he still made the plays.

Hey if he can go the year with out an INT and bat down passes I dont care.

I said it he will prob be better covering.

However ST what made him scary was seeing him with the ball.

Archived