Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Collins know this system well enough to shine?

d0ublestr0ker0ll

I didn't ask if that was the reason he won the backup role, I asked if it would make him shine. Making a career backup shine doesn't take a lot, but it takes enough to put us in a position to win.

Wow, incredible news in your last sentence. Really? We need more football news out of England. And obviously your answer of "who knows" means that you cannot answer my "unbelievable" question. Thanks for the info.

:obvious:

Do a detect a hint of sarcasm?

As to answering your question - I guess it depends first of all on how you define 'shine' and even then you would need a crystal ball to have a shot at an answer at this point.

The point I was trying to make about your question is that its well known that Collins was hand picked by Saunders to come to Washington because of his intimate knowledge of Saunders system. I was puzzled not so much about the can he shine bit more about the 'know the system well enough' bit. I can't really see how he could know it any better and so his ability to shine has nothing to do with his knowledge of the system and everything to do with his ability to overcome his limited physical gifts with that knowledge.

Does that info help? Thought not.

[quote name=MartinC So far so good but it will be interesting to see how he and the offense go over the next 3 weeks when teams gameplan against him.

QUOTE]

BINGO= ill trust more in collins when i see how he plays against a team that gameplans him. I think its funny how with this fanbase so many people love the backup qb it happens ever time our starter is struggling a little....its why we never find a franchise qb watch after next week if collins has a bad game people are gonna be calling for brunell.

BINGO= ill trust more in collins when i see how he plays against a team that gameplans him. I think its funny how with this fanbase so many people love the backup qb it happens ever time our starter is struggling a little....its why we never find a franchise qb watch after next week if collins has a bad game people are gonna be calling for brunell.

He obviously has physical limitations and my thought the entire time was that experienced defensive coordinators, those on every staff of the NFL, will take away whatever advantages he might have when they get to gameplan for him. The lack of success running the ball WILL end up hurting his eye-popping numbers. :2cents:

Archived