Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Collins know this system well enough to shine?

d0ublestr0ker0ll

I don't care how well he knows the system, Collins sucks plain and simple. How Brunell isn't in there right now is a complete mystery. Terrible, terrible, terrible. We have absolutely no shot with that guy.

Brunell is horrible. The guy can barely throw it 10 yards.

Chicago lost this game. They had two field goals when they really shouldve have had two td's. Collins, however, played extremely well! I wouldnt go as far as saying that he is superior to Campbell (like some morons claim) but I think he gives a shot at playoffs, as long as our defense plays well.

This is Collins' 7th year in Saunders' system. He probably knows it more than any other player in the league. That said, there is still game-playing experience that counts.

Do you guys know that Jason Campbell has made more starts than Todd Collins in their respective careers?

Campbell - 20

Collins - 17

Last Todd Collins start: 12/14/97

Next game @ NYG: 12/16/07

10 years...hopefully, he can still perform well.

todd collins did a fantastic job tonight. he was composed, and did what he had to do. it is hard for a team to defend a substitute qb, especially one that hasnt played in such a long time. the key for todd, which i expect will have to play the remainder of the season, is that he gets the protection he got in the last two drives. he has a good quick release, but, not much velocity on the ball.

I can't believe the original question that started the thread. Knowing the system is the #1 reason Collins is with the Redskins to start with and won the backup role over MB.

He does not have a big arm, is not mobile and there is a reason he is a career backup. However he has spent years with Saunders in the same system and it knows it about as well as it is possible to know a system.

Given we can not run with any consistency at all at the moment our only hope to win is to let Saunders have his head totally, reach DEEP into the playbook and hope that Collins knowledge of the system can overcome his physical limitations.

As for will he shine - who knows. So far so good but it will be interesting to see how he and the offense go over the next 3 weeks when teams gameplan against him.

We have to win the last 3 to have any shot at the playoffs which is a big ask but its possible.

I can't believe the original question that started the thread. Knowing the system is the #1 reason Collins is with the Redskins to start with and won the backup role over MB.

I didn't ask if that was the reason he won the backup role, I asked if it would make him shine. Making a career backup shine doesn't take a lot, but it takes enough to put us in a position to win.

As for will he shine - who knows. So far so good but it will be interesting to see how he and the offense go over the next 3 weeks when teams gameplan against him.

We have to win the last 3 to have any shot at the playoffs which is a big ask but its possible.

Wow, incredible news in your last sentence. Really? We need more football news out of England. And obviously your answer of "who knows" means that you cannot answer my "unbelievable" question. Thanks for the info.

:obvious:

Archived