Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question. 2nd pick in the draft or 9-7?

playboy1972

This is about as low as it gets. We've seen our team lose. We've seen our team choke leads away. We've seen bad calls by the refs, we've seen injuries to key players. But having Sean Taylor murdered is a trump card that still has my mind spinning.

The players and coaches deserve the adulation that would follow them for winning 4 straight games and making the playoffs.

Winning cures everything.

Please...we've seen plenty of draft busts in recent years. Yes, you can net some talented players, but if we finish badly, the whole team will get redone, and we'll go through another rebuilding phase. If we finish 9-7, we're most likely in the playoffs due to tiebreakers, and the team can continue looking up with the main concern only closing games.

Winning is a formed habit. Losing is a formed habit. Better to go 9-7 and work on a winning habit than continuing to form a losing habit and getting the second pick. Losing and getting high draft picks hasn't worked out for Arizona, has it.

The reason I asked is because we lost our best player in Sean Taylor and sooner or later we will have to replace our talent pool. 9-7 and a playoff berth and this city would lose their minds. So its a no-brainer, but man that 2nd pick would be sweet. By the way, New England owns San Frans pick and it is the #2 pick right now.

get 9-7, make the playoffs, trade for a #2 pick, and do as my screename says

Honestly. I am not as big on Chris Long as some people. I can't get over the fact that he's Howie Longs son. I know that sounds insane but it ****ing bugs me and makes me doubt the kid. But this is probably why I'm not an NFL scout!

Honestly. I am not as big on Chris Long as some people. I can't get over the fact that he's Howie Longs son. I know that sounds insane but it ****ing bugs me and makes me doubt the kid. But this is probably why I'm not an NFL scout!

Well, he tore my Terps a new one. So I would snatch him up in a second.

The reason I asked is because we lost our best player in Sean Taylor and sooner or later we will have to replace our talent pool. 9-7 and a playoff berth and this city would lose their minds. So its a no-brainer, but man that 2nd pick would be sweet. By the way, New England owns San Frans pick and it is the #2 pick right now.

Knowing New England they will trade the pick for somebody's 1st, second, left nutt and first born and still pick up a gem that was somebody's cast-off.

Picking in the top five is nice, but it would be better to have all of our picks and find the gems that are availbale at the time of the pick. It's amazing how some teams seem to be picking in the top 5 all of the time and never get better (Detroit and Arizona to name two).

well considering 9 -7 will get us to the playoffs and probably playing against a mediocre seatle team and then plowing over dallas on our way to gain our retribution at lambeau before we head down to arizona....i'll take the 9 - 7

Oh yeah, the much awaited rematch in BIG D. I forgot about that one. You know that means we would have to beat them twice in two weeks.

I understand where your coming from, I am huge UVA fan so I am a bit biased. I don't think he would have gotten all the media coverage he did this year if he wasn't Howie's son (ESPN Mag, College Gameday piece) becuase UVA wasn't really a NC contender, but I do feel that he has held his own in every aspect and proved that he is much more than a NFL HOF'ers son.

I'd love to see him stay close to home, will prob take some getting used to a NFL O-Line but nothing that he couldn't overcome. This guy is a workhorse and has a motor that dosen't quit.

I understand where your coming from, I am huge UVA fan so I am a bit biased. I don't think he would have gotten all the media coverage he did this year if he wasn't Howie's son (ESPN Mag, College Gameday piece) but I do feel that he has held his own in every aspect and proved that he is much more than a NFL HOF'ers son.

I'd love to see him stay close to home, will prob take some getting used to a NFL O-Line but nothing that he couldn't overcome. This guy is a workhorse and has a motor that dosen't quit.

Not that I think Long is comparable, but visions of Brian Griese and Chris Simms seem to dance around in my head.:)

9-7 will bring false hope as people will think the team has improved. 9-7 and no playoffs would be DISASTROUS. get a bad draft spot and next year you are in the same boat. go for 5-11. have to turn this franchise around somehow and it starts with the draft. though 9-7 and missing playoffs would be the best case scenario for cowboys fans =)

Archived