Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It could've been worse, they could've been away games

One Shot

But they aren't. They are being played at FedEx Field in the heart of Redskins territory and it couldn't have come at a better time in the season. Not only are the Bears and Bills game played at home within 4 days of eachother, (imagine if the Bears or Bills game was away), but they are being played at FedEx during a time when the team needs us most.

More than they would at a conference championship or a big game against Dallas. The 12th man needs to be a GOLIATH tonight. I literally want you to conjure a 12th man spirit that flies around and embodies and engulfs the players in this aroma of passion. I think the thing with the Bills game was that the wounds were still wide open and the players and coaches hadn't accepted the death of Sean Taylor yet. They hadn't completely gotten their thoughts and emotions out...it all remained inside of them. But Monday was the funeral, and with that came a sort of acceptance and reminiscence of the great things that Sean Taylor accomplished during his life, and that his legacy is eternal. Once he was finally laid to rest, the players could finally smile at the thought of Sean and the things he did for us in his life, and the things he will continue to do for us.

Now the players enter the field tonight with a somewhat clear mind, ready to play. And it's up to us as fans to fuel they're fire so that that stadium is ablaze. They need us now, and I'm so glad that it's being played at home because this is an opportunity for us to show that we're proud of them for what they've accomplished not only as football players but as human beings. I hope you'll make Redskins fans everywhere smile because they're proud to be a part of this team, I hope you'll make the players and Sean Taylor smile at you and your support. I guarantee you they won't let us down tonight.

I actually disagree. I think it would be better to be on the road right now. Less reminders. Sometimes playing on the road, infront of hostile crowd helps you focus more on the game.

hmmm...interesting. I think that applies better to the Bills game though.

Archived