Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ticket office called me!!

afparent

i wish i could go. i could have gotten tomorrow morning off from work ,but getting there after work today would ahve been impossible.

games are just a full-day thing. you dont leave for a redskins game an hour beofre kickoff. you dont get home an hour afterwards.

i live about 2 hours from the stadium, and for 1pm games i normally leave my house aroudn 8AM and get back around 9:30 PM or so. throw in money for tickets/parking/food inside the game/gas/etc. and you are just looking at a MASSIVE commitment.

i love it more than anything, so i will never even begin to say that its not worth it, but i feel like the Redskins organization just makes it very tough to go to the games.

i know every stadium has parking/traffic issues, but some of the cost-related stuff for games is just a bit too much sometimes. when all is said and done ill have gone to 4 games this season. ill be very glad that i made it to every one of those, but i dont know if i could have done a 5th. its all jut a bit too much sometimes.

tgijef

Dan? Is that you?

If not, get on the phone immediately and call Redskins Park. I'm sure they could use some new advertising executives.

Hell, you already got your first ad campaign: "Come see all the amazing players! They might even win once in a while! If not, just be thankful you live close enough to attend!"

I'm not saying you shouldn't have expectations for our team or that you should settle for poor play. I just can't imagine myself ever being in the position to be able to go see the Redskins play 8 games a year and deciding not to go simply because they're having a bad year.

If the team is bad, it's bad and every effort should be made to improve. And us fans should be critical of decisions that we don't agree with. I don't see how not going to the games is going to help. The Redskins need to hear our boos just as much as they need to hear us cheer.

meast4eva

I'm not saying you shouldn't have expectations for our team or that you should settle for poor play. I just can't imagine myself ever being in the position to be able to go see the Redskins play 8 games a year and deciding not to go simply because they're having a bad year.

If the team is bad, it's bad and every effort should be made to improve. And us fans should be critical of decisions that we don't agree with. I don't see how not going to the games is going to help. The Redskins need to hear our boos just as much as they need to hear us cheer.

meast4eva

They are not having a bad year - they have had a bad decade and a half. I think anyone can accept a down year or two. This has gone far beyond that.

And not going to games is the only way to hit this team where it can hurt...in the wallet. Sure, someone else will take the seat - for now. But a look at Stubhub, ebay, and Craigslist shows that thousands of seats are readily available for any given game. So I am not alone in my sentiments. If you spent $1000+ a year on tickets, I bet you'd reconsider as well.

Not trying to make anyone feel sorry for me. I don't feel sorry for me so neither should you. It's just that I see so many of you who have the means and ability to go to games and aren't taking advantage of it because the Redskins might not be great right now and there are a lot of us out here (not just me) who would love to be in the position that many of you are in. For those of you who can go to the games, please do so and enjoy it and one of these days I'll be there with you. :cheers:

meast4eva

The Redskins are not the most important thing in my life. I could very easily be at the stadium tonight and be in very good seats. I could probably do the entire evening for less than $125 if I really put my mind to it.

But, honestly, it's not that much fun going there. I will be in my warm apartment with my big tv and my good beer and a large pizza and when it's over, I will go straight to my warm bed. And the whole evening won't cost me more than $25.

The novely of live professional sports wore off a long, long time ago.

I know I might get some hate for saying this, but while I do want the Skins to win, in the deep dark recesses I find one reason to rejoice when they lose.

Man... I absolutely hate bandwagoners and fair-weather fans. And we had such a great winning tradition before, we need an extended period of losing to get all those jerks off. I doubt I'd have season tickets right now if not for the extended years of losing. Will I drop off the season ticket list? Not as long as I'm in the DC area, hellz no. So in that vein, I am certainly thankful for the opp to get on the list. Maybe it took some losing to wipe the fair-weathers off. They were fans of a winning team, not the Skins.

Good riddance. Just don't come back, jerks.

You know the sport that doesn't have fair weather fans? Hockey.

You know the sport that appears on a cable channel that no one gets? Hockey.

Fair weather fans are the most important ones to any fanbase.

They are not having a bad year - they have had a bad decade and a half. I think anyone can accept a down year or two. This has gone far beyond that.

And not going to games is the only way to hit this team where it can hurt...in the wallet. Sure, someone else will take the seat - for now. But a look at Stubhub, ebay, and Craigslist shows that thousands of seats are readily available for any given game. So I am not alone in my sentiments. If you spent $1000+ a year on tickets, I bet you'd reconsider as well.

They haven't been bad though because of a lack of effort or spending. The moves they've made just haven't worked out. I can live with that. If they were like the Cardinals or Bengals from the last 15 years or so, then that would be another story. Neither owner was willing to spend money to improve the team and they were constantly getting top 5 draft picks.

Our Redskins haven't been downright horrible like that. They've mostly been middle of the road. I'm not going to claim to know as much about this team than most of you guys. Since my internet access is limited and I don't have cable, I'm fairly disconnected from all of the info that's out there. So I don't get a lot of the inside scoop that most of you do.....well, I'll be getting it now that I found this place. ;)

But for me, it's not even about how good or bad this team is that I care about in the end. Of course I want to see them succeed and win the Super Bowl every year but I know that's not possible. But as long as I see these guys making their God's honest best efforts to win then that's all you can really ask a man to do. And I see that effort from the owner on down. I don't measure success in wins and losses because there's a lot more to life than that. We've got a team full of guys with pretty good character. Those are the type of people I want to represent me. Those are the people I want to root for. Not a bunch of thugs or criminals or anything like that.

meast4eva

You know the sport that doesn't have fair weather fans? Hockey.

You know the sport that appears on a cable channel that no one gets? Hockey.

Fair weather fans are the most important ones to any fanbase.

"to any fanbase" - no, to the team's financial situation, sure.

I'm just kind of bitter because I know that during the good years there were plenty of fair weather fans who were blocking the ability of real fans to get seats. Hopefully during this "cleansing" real fans will get more seats, and better seats (yes I'm selfish, I mean me). Eventually the ship will be righted though.

Archived