Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ticket office called me!!

afparent

Maybe this has happened to others but today I received a call from the Redskins Ticket office. They left a message and said they have great lower level and corporate seats available at a reduced price.....Man, I hope our stadium doesn't look empty on national TV!

This is unfortunately going to be the first game I've missed all season. I feel like a horrible fan. :( I just don't have a ride, basically. My car can't take the drive anymore.... and, it needs about $700 worth of work (according to my recent inspection). Sucks.

Maybe this has happened to others but today I received a call from the Redskins Ticket office. They left a message and said they have great lower level and corporate seats available at a reduced price.....Man, I hope our stadium doesn't look empty on national TV!

Just curious, did they say how much reduced? It's kinda sad never want to see an empty Skins stadium.

This is unfortunately going to be the first game I've missed all season. I feel like a horrible fan. :( I just don't have a ride, basically. My car can't take the drive anymore.... and, it needs about $700 worth of work (according to my recent inspection). Sucks.

If you have a ticket you should try catching a ride with a fellow ESer. If you were closer by I would definitely drive you over with me.

If you have a ticket you should try catching a ride with a fellow ESer. If you were closer by I would definitely drive you over with me.

I don't have a ticket, but I knew I wouldn't have any problems getting one. I might try that for the Cowboys game if I can't find a ride anywhere else. I seem to be the only one out of my friends who wants to go to all the games. For the Bills game, one of my buddies had a free ticket from work and decided against going because it was supposed to rain. I didn't even try to argue.

How much are the dream seats anyway? I think the original price on them is 400$ i think? So i guess they cut that to $200?

They are too much, apparently. Much like many other seats in the stadium. How long will ticketholders be willing to spend so much for what has been an inferior product recently?

This has the cost of a 2008 Mercedes, yet the performance of a 1993 Honda.

thats a soft excuse! its only about 130 miles. ride a bike. haha

It really upsets me when I hear that there are so many extra tickets for the games. I've never lived near the Redskins and I've never been to a game although I hope to go to one someday. I'm not trying to toot my own horn or to say that I'm any better of a fan than anyone else but I've been rooting for the Redskins since the day I was born. I hardly even get to watch the games because they are rarely televised in Kansas City. I also work a lot on Sundays and there have been times that I've had to work one the very same day that they would be showing the game out here. I'm not trying to start a pity party or anything because of my situation. It is what it is. I don't make much money and have to work a lot of hours for what I have. I would give ANYTHING to be able to make a trip to see the Redskins play no matter how good or bad they are. I can't even begin to imagine not going to a game if I lived close enough and had the means to buy tickets.

I'm not neccisarily speaking to any of you because I know that not all Redskins fans join this group but for any of you out there who live close enough to the stadium and have the money to afford tickets and get your sunday's (or thursday nights) off but won't go to the game just because they aren't playing good or because it might be cold or something just remember that there are people like me out there who would gladly trade places with you and show up each and every week and scream and yell until I had no voice left at all. Week after week our Redskins show up and are on the field from the opening kickoff to the final whistle. They don't get to leave early or just not show up because they aren't very good. They still show up. And so should we.

meast4eva

I'm not neccisarily speaking to any of you because I know that not all Redskins fans join this group but for any of you out there who live close enough to the stadium and have the money to afford tickets and get your sunday's (or thursday nights) off but won't go to the game just because they aren't playing good or because it might be cold or something just remember that there are people like me out there who would gladly trade places with you and show up each and every week and scream and yell until I had no voice left at all. Week after week our Redskins show up and are on the field from the opening kickoff to the final whistle. They don't get to leave early or just not show up because they aren't very good. They still show up. And so should we.

I used this rationale for about a dozen years now. Every year it is less enjoyable to go to the stadium. The traffic, the lines, the expense, the incessant commercials, some obnoxious fans and more have made it not worth the trouble. The team has left a lot to be desired as well.

I'm afraid the Bills game last week was it for me. Call me a fairweather fan if you will, but I have spent thousands on this team over the years with very little return. I can find much better things to do with that money. And I will.

You got little in return? Have you gotten to see the Redskins on a weekly basis? Have you seen Clinton Portis run the ball in person? Have you seen Sean Taylor intercept a pass or lay a big hit on someone in person. Have you seen Joe Gibbs standing on the sidelines? Did you ever get to see Riggins or Art Monk or the Hogs in person? Did you ever see Stephen Davis? How about Mark Rypien or Doug Williams?

If you answered yes to any or all of that then you've gotten to see some pretty amazing players and some pretty amazing games.

Did you ever see Danny Awful or Mark Brunnell? Did you see Terry Robiske on the sidelines? Did you ever see a bunch of players who were so awful that you can't even remeber their names? If you answered yes to any or all of that then you've still seen a heck of a lot more than I have.

Maybe I just can't understand where you're coming from because I've never been in your shoes. But I'd love to stand in them for just one Sunday afternoon if I could. Would you ever want to stand in mine and rarely even get to watch them on tv, let alone among 80,000+ of the greatest fans in the world? I'd love to just be able to turn around and start high 5'ing a bunch of people I don't know after the Redskins make a big play. I'd love to stand in the middle of those 80,000 fans and eventhough I don't know any of them, I wouldn't feel like I'm among strangers. I'd feel like I was with family that I just hadn't got a chance to meet yet.

I'm sure it's frustrating giving up time and money only to watch them lose. I would love to be in a position to spend both.

meast4eva

Yep! got a buddy who is working the broadcast tonight - he says a guy from the stadium told him if he wanted tickets to tonight's game it would be no problem - said other games were tough to wrangle, but not tonight.

Gonna be some PO'd fans saying "shoulda gone to the game" when we WHIP SOME BEARS ASS TONIGHT!!!!!!

Shut Up...stop Crying... I Agree With You About The Love I Have For The Team But Don't Try And Make Everyone Feel Sorry For You..please.

Not trying to make anyone feel sorry for me. I don't feel sorry for me so neither should you. It's just that I see so many of you who have the means and ability to go to games and aren't taking advantage of it because the Redskins might not be great right now and there are a lot of us out here (not just me) who would love to be in the position that many of you are in. For those of you who can go to the games, please do so and enjoy it and one of these days I'll be there with you. :cheers:

meast4eva

Wow, this is cause for concern. They better start a winning tradition soon.

I know I might get some hate for saying this, but while I do want the Skins to win, in the deep dark recesses I find one reason to rejoice when they lose.

Man... I absolutely hate bandwagoners and fair-weather fans. And we had such a great winning tradition before, we need an extended period of losing to get all those jerks off. I doubt I'd have season tickets right now if not for the extended years of losing. Will I drop off the season ticket list? Not as long as I'm in the DC area, hellz no. So in that vein, I am certainly thankful for the opp to get on the list. Maybe it took some losing to wipe the fair-weathers off. They were fans of a winning team, not the Skins.

Good riddance. Just don't come back, jerks.

You got little in return? Have you gotten to see the Redskins on a weekly basis? Have you seen Clinton Portis run the ball in person? Have you seen Sean Taylor intercept a pass or lay a big hit on someone in person. Have you seen Joe Gibbs standing on the sidelines? Did you ever get to see Riggins or Art Monk or the Hogs in person? Did you ever see Stephen Davis? How about Mark Rypien or Doug Williams?

If you answered yes to any or all of that then you've gotten to see some pretty amazing players and some pretty amazing games.

Dan? Is that you?

If not, get on the phone immediately and call Redskins Park. I'm sure they could use some new advertising executives.

Hell, you already got your first ad campaign: "Come see all the amazing players! They might even win once in a while! If not, just be thankful you live close enough to attend!"

Archived