Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Head Coach: Williams or Saunders?

SKINS58

When Coach Gibbs does decide to hang up his hat again, which of these two would you rather take over the team?

I think I would rather have Williams take over the team. This would give Saunders full power over the offense allowing him to open it up. Hopefully he can go out and get us a big WR in the draft that we can mold into the system.

I would prefer Williams as well. The team loves him, he loves the team and I think its the personality that the skins need a that position.

No. Williams' vaunted defense has blown some games this season, its second-half performance against Tampa notwithstanding. Plus, I hear he can be an arrogant SOB. I think Saunders will take the handcuffs off Jason and open up that offense a little bit more, bringing it into the 21st century.

Having said that, it really won't matter until we get a competent, REAL GM to handle player-personnel issues. Until then, it will be the same ol' stuff, different day.

id like to see saunders stick around, and williams go. ive defended GW for awhile now, and i just cant anymore. his defense is just garbage. i know were ranked 10th in yardage allowed, but weve had two games largely skew that number, and im sure by the end of the year we will slip down, as we have been doing all season.

his d is just so weak over the middle, and we play way too passive, just like gibbs offense. this team has no balls, yet we have ballsy players.

I have no idea how well Grilliams and Saunders get along, so if Grilliams becomes the head coach, I don't know that it's guaranteed Saunders sticks around to coach the offense.

Grilliams could elevate jerry gray or greg blache to defensive coordinator, then go find a younger offensive coach who likes more of a smashmouth style.

Who was Grilliams' OC in Buffalo?

Of course, if Gibbs is upstairs to stay on as Team President, he'll have a lot to say about it.

If Gibbs goes back to North Carolina, Nascar, and grandkids, we may be in for a total makeover. In which case, I'd prefer Grimm to keep it in the Skins family. Wouldn't mind Bruce Arians either.

If Gibbs does leave (which I doubt since he stated that he will fullfill his 5 year contract) I would like him to become the GM and possibly GW as the HC. I would like to keep as much continuity as possible as well as Saunders as the OC. Gibbs has done a great job picking in the draft and finding talent. AA and Lloyd are the only busts in FA and I am still not convinced that Lloyd is a bust. He clearly did not get the reps. Our draft choices have been excellent and Gibbs would develop a great scout team if that is his primary focus. I think GW would coach a little less conservative and Saunders would be free to do what he does best.

If Gibbs does leave (which I doubt since he stated that he will fullfill his 5 year contract) I would like him to become the GM and possibly GW as the HC. I would like to keep as much continuity as possible as well as Saunders as the OC. Gibbs has done a great job picking in the draft and finding talent. AA and Lloyd are the only busts in FA and I am still not convinced that Lloyd is a bust. He clearly did not get the reps. Our draft choices have been excellent and Gibbs would develop a great scout team if that is his primary focus. I think GW would coach a little less conservative and Saunders would be free to do what he does best.

This is a joke, right? It's tough to detect sarcasm on the internet. But...you are joking, no?

Gibbs has NEVER been a GM. Now, in his late 60s, he's going to become one? He's going to preside over a team of scouts? He hasn't had anything to do with college football since the 70s! Is he going to sit with a group of scouts watching college film in Ashburn all day long? Is he going around the country to watch college games?

You are STILL NOT CONVINCED that Lloyd is a bust????????

How is it that they can drag 38-year-old McCardell off the street and he's instantly more productive?

He's done a "great job picking in the draft and finding talent"??????

Where is our depth? Why do we have to put in 40-year-old backups EVERY year after a crippling injury (Ray Brown, Troy Vincent, McCardell)?

Oy.

Neither. Hire a competent GM and let him bring in his guy. Williams and Saunders can go, along with their high salaries. I think that's part of the problem. They're both making more then some head coaches in this league. That's a little too comfy.

Agreed. We need somebody with an overall vision so the coaches can coach and Dan can market and bring in the revenue.

Mr. Snyder,

If making a coaching change, please try this:

Joe Gibbs - General Manager

Gregg Williams - Head Coach

Al Saunders - Offensive Coordinator

Please try to convince these people to stay:

Joe Bugel - Offensive Line

Greg Blache - Defensive Line

Jerry Gray - Defensive Coordinator

All players that the coaches deem necessary

Additionally:

Just friggin let go of B.Lloyd already

Put Vinny Cerato in charge of something else

But most of all...Start building through the draft.

That is my wishlist this year. I appreciate what you've done and

I'm convinced that you will at least entertain my ideas.

Respectfully,

Slappy434

Archived