Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Belichick Growing Frustrated With RB Laurence Maroney

DWinzit

If there is any truth to this PFT article it would give credibility to the McFadden thoughts come draft day.

Belichick Growing Frustrated With RB Laurence Maroney

So much for the Patriots’ confidence in Laurence Maroney, which appeared to be growing just a month ago. Their confidence in him now appears to be waning, particularly in the mind of head coach Bill Belichick. While Maroney has been fairly effective when he is in the game, we hear that his limited opportunities are traced to Belichick’s belief that the second-year pro out of Minnesota lacks the heart and toughness to be a featured back. Kevin Faulk, believed to be just a third-down back throughout his career, has been getting more carries and touches at the expense of the more talented Maroney. With the weather getting colder and the elements affecting the passing game now more than they did earlier in the season, Belichick’s reluctance to lean on Maroney could be problematic for the offense. The interesting issue surrounds what the team does this April in the draft. With the 49ers looking miserable and there being a chance of New England getting a top-five pick — the Patriots own the Niners' first-round pick after a Draft Day trade in '07 — we hear the Patriots will be very tempted to grab Arkansas RB Darren McFadden, a player most believe will be the consensus top running back in the draft.

Source: Pro Football Weekly

You want to talk about being frustrated with Maroney, try owning him on your fantasy team! :doh:

With this said though, it doesn't appear so crazy now that the Patriots would actually hold onto their possible 2nd overall pick. But idea of McFadden on a team with Randy Moss and Tom Brady ... GRRR!!!! :mad:

You want to talk about being frustrated with Maroney, try owning him on your fantasy team! :doh:

With this said though, it doesn't appear so crazy now that the Patriots would actually hold onto their possible 2nd overall pick. But idea of McFadden on a team with Randy Moss and Tom Brady ... GRRR!!!! :mad:

Moss is a one year deal. No way he is on the Pats two in a row.

You hear him monday night? The Old Moss is coming back. That "We shut them up" comment was funny. Especially due to the fact that the Refs pretty much hand wrapped that game for the Pats.

no taunting call for Harrison?

Not too mention that ANY other receiver in the league would have been ruled as bobbling the catch in the endzone for no score.

Moss is a one year deal. No way he is on the Pats two in a row.

You hear him monday night? The Old Moss is coming back. That "We shut them up" comment was funny. Especially due to the fact that the Refs pretty much hand wrapped that game for the Pats.

no taunting call for Harrison?

Not too mention that ANY other receiver in the league would have been ruled as bobbling the catch in the endzone for no score.

I dunno. He seems to be awfully cozy up in NE with his new best buddy Tom Brady. And I'm sure that Brady is happy as hell to have him there. I can see him getting resigned this offseason to a long-term deal.

I dunno. He seems to be awfully cozy up in NE with his new best buddy Tom Brady. And I'm sure that Brady is happy as hell to have him there. I can see him getting resigned this offseason to a long-term deal.

i thought i heard a couple weeks ago that he signed an extension. maybe that was only speculation then.

Moss is acting up a little bit now (not giving full effort), but you bet he will be motviated when playing in playoff and SB.

They have Brady. They do not need a MCfadden. There are only so many snaps in a game. They will trade down and get some defensive players.

From the Dolphins standpoint, they would be wise to trade the top overall pick to Dallas for their 2 first rounders/extra picks. Not only would it give them more selections, and lets face it they need a lot of new talent, but it also keeps McFadden away from divisional foe New England.

From the Dolphins standpoint, they would be wise to trade the top overall pick to Dallas for their 2 first rounders/extra picks. Not only would it give them more selections, and lets face it they need a lot of new talent, but it also keeps McFadden away from divisional foe New England.

Good god, don't give them any ideas. I don't want Dallass or NE to get the top pick or McFadden.

Although I agree with the idea, it would be way too costly for the Cowboys to move up if they had picks 21 & 31.

Those picks would only equate to the 8th pick per the value chart. They would literally need to throw in all their other picks to reach up to #2.

Hey maybe this isn't such a bad idea, go Jerrah!;)

IMO the pats will trade down and get more picks. Their defense is getting too old.

vrabel, seau, bruschi, harrison...They may even lose samuels.

They will probably end up trading a 3rd rounder or something and pick up a above average RB who was been labelled over the hill (see dillon, corey)

Archived