Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paloffs is Now: 2007(merged)

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I ran through the schedules and it very well could come down to Washington @ Philadelphia Week 17 to determine the division.

Everyone punked the Eagles when they played scared but basically played for the tie against the Bungles a few weeks ago, but that "half a win" may end up getting them the division title this year... 

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Eagles schedule: Cards, Saints, Seahawks, Packers, Browns, WFT, Boys, Boys, Giants.....With 9 games to go you have the Eagles winning 5 of them which, given these remaining games will be a challenge.

WFT schedule: Lions, Bengals, Niners, Steelers, Panthers, Eagles, Giants, Dallas, Seattle...with 9 games remaining do we see 5 wins for the WFT? At most I see 5 wins here with 3 being more likely. 

I'm ruling Dallas and NYG out given their weaknesses, injuries, etc...this is a 2 horse race with the head to head game likely deciding the division all things considered. 

Good Lord! Looking at that, maybe I see the Eagles going 6-9-1 and beating WFT at 6-10, or WFT going 7-9 and beating out the 6-9-1 Eagles.

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

Honestly, I want to win NOW. As in this year.

No tanking.

I'm tired of losing.

I wish Rivera would just trade for a playmaker at WR before the trade deadline, to ensure we get to the playoffs, and at least be respectable in a playoff game.

What kinda player you looking for... i don’t think we can buy the pieces we need..... esp when it would cost draft pics....

6 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

What kinda player you looking for... i don’t think we can buy the pieces we need..... esp when it would cost draft pics....

Any of these guys, who are all rumored to be trade bait, by their respective teams. Some come with a high price tag, but could be worth it.

Evan Engram

Golden Tate

John Ross

Michael Thomas

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Any of these guys, who are all rumored to be trade bait, by their respective teams. Some come with a high price tag, but could be worth it.

Evan Engram

Golden Tate

John Ross

Michael Thomas

Golden Tate and John Ross are absolute trash and there is 0 chance in hell the Saints trade Michael Thomas a top 5 WR who they JUST signed to a big extension(meaning it'd kill their cap).

Evan Engram...talented sure but inconsistent as hell and I don't see the Giants trading him to a division rival.

24 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Golden Tate and John Ross are absolute trash

They would be a significant upgrade from what we have.

The majority of our WR's are UDFA's with virtually no NFL experience.

We need to get out of the position of having the worst WR corps in the league, by a mile.

The idea is to build and get better, to improve, and not necessarily get a stud or pro bowler at every position, right away ; Those kind are almost impossible to trade for, as you noted with Michael Thomas.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Thats nice, is Watson avaliable? 👀

Im sure if you offered them draft capital and took a monstrous contract like Mercilus you could probably find a way.

He would manage behind our line but he would still have nobody to throw to

The only way I trade any capital to help us win this year is if it also helps us win for the next 2 years.  I don't want to trade an asset for an old guy or an expiring contract.

And God, as much as we need WR help, we NEED NEED NEED NEED LB help more.  Right @KDawg?  If we were able to go out and get another LB to pair with Holcomb, who actually was, you know, good, that would be an immediate boost to the defense.

I am not sure you could get enough at WR to really help yourself.

I did hear Ertz was available.  Though I doubt the Eagles trade him here, and again, there's the older guy with a contract situation, and he's hurt.  So, I wouldn't trade much for him.  (Though Julie could probably run a few routes for him while he's inured and fill in at kicker if need be, if you could get a 2 for 1 deal...)

As far as schedule, the next game after the bye against the Dallas is high-noon.  Win it, and there are possible scenarios.  Lose it, and that's it.  

I wouldn't discount the Giants, but boy did they draw the short stick in the "play the team with the same position as you in another division" sweepstakes.  We drew last place Carolina, they drew second to last place Tampa Bay.  Who went and got Tom Brady.  So that little schedule quirk is not going to work out in their favor.  

They have Tampa on Monday, short week, then @us coming off a bye (Side note, this seems to ALWAYS happen to us, glad we get the benefit of that scheduling quirk for once.), Philly, then their bye.  After the bye, they have CIncy, @seattle, Arizona, Cleveland, @baltimore, Dallas.  They have 1 win, and the only "winable" games apart from us on their schedule left are Cincy and Dallas. 

So most likely, the WFT needs to win against NYG, Cincy, and Dallas, which would pull them to 5 wins.  I don't like their odds going up against Stafford.  If Philly can fall apart a little more, that might set up a HUGE week 17 game for the division.

Phily has Dallas, @NYG, @Cleveland, Seattle, @Green Bay, New Orleans, @arizona, @Dallas, us.    They have 2 wins and a tie. They could go 2-0 over Dallas and NYG.  Then, depending on healthy, they are probably going to struggle the next 4, before wrapping up with Dallas and us.  If they sweep the division games remaining, they would get to 6-9-1.   That would do it.   I don't see them beating Cleveland, Seattle, Green Bay, New Orleans or Arizona, but they might grab one in there somewhere just because Wentz is good.  Though, Wentz is on schedule for his annual injury, so who knows if he'll last the season.  

We need to get to 5-9, with them at 5-9-1 for a take the division matchup at The Link.  

• Like 1

I would trade Day 3 picks for young guys tied up to long term contracts. Given the number of teams that just suck right now, there are a lot of sellers. Because the season could be cancelled at anytime, that depreciates the value of assets further.

I would be up for grabbing a John Ross for a 6th or 7th. I wonder what Will Fuller would cost -  not sure Texans can afford to bring himback next season as a FA

21 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I ran through the schedules and it very well could come down to Washington @ Philadelphia Week 17 to determine the division.

In the NFC Least, we will have a chance to win the division until we hit 10 losses and maybe even 11.