RenegadeTK

Paloffs is Now: 2007(merged)

Recommended Posts

I liked that playoff run, but the 7 games in 2012 were my favorite.

 

Ending vs. Dallas for the division was great but there was just something about seeing old coach Joe rally the team that was special. And we actually won a playoff game so that was better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

The GD Giants just keep winning.. Whats the deal with them. We can't slip up in the 2nd half or we could be a 10-5-1 team sitting at home..

Meh, still have a half game over Minnesota.  Giants have a cakewalk from here on out, except for January 1 against us at home, so we just need to focus on us.  We do control our own destiny as long as Minnesota loses one game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

The GD Giants just keep winning.. Whats the deal with them. We can't slip up in the 2nd half or we could be a 10-5-1 team sitting at home..

I think we focus on preserving the 6-seed. In doing that, there's really only one team near us right now (Minnesota). Everyone else is 1.5 games or more behind us. If we can just stay ahead of the teams behind us, the mess with the Giants will work itself out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got us squarely in The Playoffs.  

With that whuppin' laid on the Packers, I see us building a head of steam down the stretch & possibly going on a serious roll.  New York is an inferior team, plus they still have a game against everyone in The Division and travel to Pittsburgh and host Detroit.  That's no cakewalk - and they're not running the table through all of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, I really want to beat Dallas on Thursday and somehow take the division, which would likely mean a first-round bye and possible HFA throughout, depending on how Seattle finishes. But the thought that the Cowboys can merely go 3-3 and win the division UNLESS we win out is daunting and a serious reality check for our chances.

I don't even know who is going to provide the competition for the WC slots. Will be hilarious if we play the Giants in week 17 with both teams squarely in the #5 and 6 seeds, and arguing about where we'd rather travel to face the NFC North or South division winner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, although I think we're still in pretty good shape for the paloffs, guess we have to start asking if we prefer to play the NFC North or the NFC South winner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Well, although I think we're still in pretty good shape for the paloffs, guess we have to start asking if we prefer to play the NFC North or the NFC South winner.

I think we'd be able to hang with either one. i'd give us a pretty good chance against both the lions/Vikings and falcons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Well, although I think we're still in pretty good shape for the paloffs, guess we have to start asking if we prefer to play the NFC North or the NFC South winner.

NFC North. Barring a legendary choke in Chicago and pretending our defense didn't choke on Detroit, we can run with the best of them. Atlanta's offense scares me, even if the rest of their team is mediocre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2016 at 3:43 PM, NewCliche21 said:

Giants have a cakewalk from here on out...

The Steelers, Cowboys, and maybe the Lions is IMO not quite a cakewalk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Redskins are going to blow someone out in the coming weeks.  Put teams on notice.

4-1 down the stretch.  10.5 wins gets us the WC.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should have reworded my comment and said 9-6-1 and out of the playoffs. Cause going 3-2 the rest of the way out is very doable.. Arizona on the road, NY at home, not to mention Carolina despite their record aren't getting blown out by anyone...Just about all their games are decided on the final possession. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

I should have reworded my comment and said 9-6-1 and out of the playoffs. Cause going 3-2 the rest of the way out is very doable.. Arizona on the road, NY at home, not to mention Carolina despite their record aren't getting blown out by anyone...Just about all their games are decided on the final possession. 

I could see us blowing out Giants or Chicago. Eagles at home will be tough too, but I don't think their Offense can hang with ours. I'm going to the Carolina game...that one makes me nervous, just don't like our defense vs the size and power that team has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

The Steelers, Cowboys, and maybe the Lions is IMO not quite a cakewalk.

Peanuts Cakewalk then?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 8:07 PM, NickyJ said:

NFC North. Barring a legendary choke in Chicago and pretending our defense didn't choke on Detroit, we can run with the best of them. Atlanta's offense scares me, even if the rest of their team is mediocre.

Skins vs ATL in the paloffs? That game could set a playoff scoring record.

But, no point in looking towards the paloffs UNTIL they take care of business, especially defensively speaking. These next games are crucial; this team cannot jump on the backs of the offense and get a free ride, they need to earn it. They have the perfect timing right now, to make a difference.

I'm so ready for Barry to be gone I can taste it, but until that day comes, he needs to pull his head out of his ass and start coaching, game planning, and teaching. I don't want to see yet another one-n-done in post-season, and if we lose, it WILL be due to the defense; and if that happens, i'll fly there myself and pack his damn bags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, skins island connection said:

I'm so ready for Barry to be gone I can taste it, but until that day comes, he needs to pull his head out of his ass and start coaching, game planning, and teaching. I don't want to see yet another one-n-done in post-season, and if we lose, it WILL be due to the defense; and if that happens, i'll fly there myself and pack his damn bags.

Don't hold your breath.

Joe Barry will be here next year. Book it.

(to be honest, I also agree he should be at least on notice - but the fact is that he has no real ILBs or safeties to speak of)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2015 at 11:21 AM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I liked that playoff run, but the 7 games in 2012 were my favorite.

 

2005 was more fun because we won a playoff game and didn't watch our QB crumple. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.