Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paloffs is Now: 2007(merged)

RenegadeTK

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
1 minute ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

The GD Giants just keep winning.. Whats the deal with them. We can't slip up in the 2nd half or we could be a 10-5-1 team sitting at home..

Meh, still have a half game over Minnesota.  Giants have a cakewalk from here on out, except for January 1 against us at home, so we just need to focus on us.  We do control our own destiny as long as Minnesota loses one game.

1 minute ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

The GD Giants just keep winning.. Whats the deal with them. We can't slip up in the 2nd half or we could be a 10-5-1 team sitting at home..

I think we focus on preserving the 6-seed. In doing that, there's really only one team near us right now (Minnesota). Everyone else is 1.5 games or more behind us. If we can just stay ahead of the teams behind us, the mess with the Giants will work itself out. 

I've got us squarely in The Playoffs.  

With that whuppin' laid on the Packers, I see us building a head of steam down the stretch & possibly going on a serious roll.  New York is an inferior team, plus they still have a game against everyone in The Division and travel to Pittsburgh and host Detroit.  That's no cakewalk - and they're not running the table through all of that.

Man, I really want to beat Dallas on Thursday and somehow take the division, which would likely mean a first-round bye and possible HFA throughout, depending on how Seattle finishes. But the thought that the Cowboys can merely go 3-3 and win the division UNLESS we win out is daunting and a serious reality check for our chances.

I don't even know who is going to provide the competition for the WC slots. Will be hilarious if we play the Giants in week 17 with both teams squarely in the #5 and 6 seeds, and arguing about where we'd rather travel to face the NFC North or South division winner.

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Well, although I think we're still in pretty good shape for the paloffs, guess we have to start asking if we prefer to play the NFC North or the NFC South winner.

I think we'd be able to hang with either one. i'd give us a pretty good chance against both the lions/Vikings and falcons.

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Well, although I think we're still in pretty good shape for the paloffs, guess we have to start asking if we prefer to play the NFC North or the NFC South winner.

NFC North. Barring a legendary choke in Chicago and pretending our defense didn't choke on Detroit, we can run with the best of them. Atlanta's offense scares me, even if the rest of their team is mediocre.

5 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

I should have reworded my comment and said 9-6-1 and out of the playoffs. Cause going 3-2 the rest of the way out is very doable.. Arizona on the road, NY at home, not to mention Carolina despite their record aren't getting blown out by anyone...Just about all their games are decided on the final possession. 

I could see us blowing out Giants or Chicago. Eagles at home will be tough too, but I don't think their Offense can hang with ours. I'm going to the Carolina game...that one makes me nervous, just don't like our defense vs the size and power that team has.

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 8:07 PM, NickyJ said:

NFC North. Barring a legendary choke in Chicago and pretending our defense didn't choke on Detroit, we can run with the best of them. Atlanta's offense scares me, even if the rest of their team is mediocre.

Skins vs ATL in the paloffs? That game could set a playoff scoring record.

But, no point in looking towards the paloffs UNTIL they take care of business, especially defensively speaking. These next games are crucial; this team cannot jump on the backs of the offense and get a free ride, they need to earn it. They have the perfect timing right now, to make a difference.

I'm so ready for Barry to be gone I can taste it, but until that day comes, he needs to pull his head out of his ass and start coaching, game planning, and teaching. I don't want to see yet another one-n-done in post-season, and if we lose, it WILL be due to the defense; and if that happens, i'll fly there myself and pack his damn bags.

18 hours ago, skins island connection said:

I'm so ready for Barry to be gone I can taste it, but until that day comes, he needs to pull his head out of his ass and start coaching, game planning, and teaching. I don't want to see yet another one-n-done in post-season, and if we lose, it WILL be due to the defense; and if that happens, i'll fly there myself and pack his damn bags.

Don't hold your breath.

Joe Barry will be here next year. Book it.

(to be honest, I also agree he should be at least on notice - but the fact is that he has no real ILBs or safeties to speak of)

• 4 weeks later...