Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is it going to take to win?

Audible_Red40

So, it appears 4 in a row or we don't go.

Personally, I will hope for the best but obviously the way the season has gone, I expect the worst.

I find with the latest no huddle offense we see from time to time, we can click and move the ball, while getting away from "Redskins Football". Then we settle for FG's instead of TD's in the red zone.

Our running game has shown flashes but has not been dominant. If Randy Thomas returns, will that be the lift we need to get our great running game back on track?

It better be!

How about Mike Sellers? How badly do we miss him? Portis gets 2 yards a carry against the Bills???? 3.4 against the Bucs & 3 yards against the Cowboys??? Is it clear that our running game has suffered since Sellers went down?

The Redskins better hope we can run the ball for the next 4 games. This is what the team was all about and how it was built. We need to get back to this like it or not.

As much as I love seeing the training wheels off of Campbell, it has not faired all that well for the team. Yes we seem to find new ways to lose every week, but the outcome and stats don't lie.

Since J.Campbell became the starter the Redskins are 0-10 when Campbell throws 30 or more passes, including 0-7 this year. Yes, dropped passes, tipped balls and bad luck have gone our way, but like it or not, we have to get this running game going and deal with the boring smash mouth football for the rest of the year, as it was built to be this way.

0 wins & 10 losses folks......that's not too good.

Jason is not protecting the ball right now and some would say it's because of bad O-Line play. 8 fumbles lost this year and 1 in every week for the past 4 weeks.

Well, let's start pounding it again and finish the season strong with what was built for us.

We know Jason can play and have witnessed it. But let's make a "RUN" into January.

HTTR

The only thing that needs to change is stop turning the ball over. Turnovers, are with out a doubt the only thing that is killing this team. Players, bad calls, and broken down assignments happen to every team in the NFL, teams can bounce back from those errors. Teams can also bounce back from bad coaching decisions. However, TURNOVERS are the ultimate demise to a teams ability to win. We have 12 TURNOVERS in 4 games. That is ridiculous!!! Without TURNOVERS we are sittin pretty as a serious wild card contender. We will beat the bears if we don't turn the ball overl, its as simple as that.

The only thing that needs to change is stop turning the ball over. Turnovers, are with out a doubt the only thing that is killing this team. Players, bad calls, and broken down assignments happen to every team in the NFL, teams can bounce back from those errors. Teams can also bounce back from bad coaching decisions. However, TURNOVERS are the ultimate demise to a teams ability to win. We have 12 TURNOVERS in 4 games. That is ridiculous!!! Without TURNOVERS we are sittin pretty as a serious wild card contender. We

will beat the bears if we don't turn the ball overl, its as simple as that.

Good point but the skins always comeback what kills us really is are redzone offense if we would have scored td's instead of field goals we would be sitting right next to dallas and green bay for the best record in the nfc period! We have proved we can beat the best they just can't finish them off.

We just gotta stop turning the ball over..Its simple, but we still cant seem to fix it..Most of our losses came because we couldn't hold onto the ball..The packers loss, the cowboys loss, the bucs loss, and the bills loss.

The packers game if Santana didn't fumble, we would have won.

The cowboys game if Jason Campbell didn't fumble and have a late INT, we probably would have won.

The bucs game, if we didn't turn the ball over 6 times we would have won.

And in the bills game, we had 2 turnovers that led to 6 points, in a game we lost by 1.

So pretty much we need to quit beating ourselves..Sounds simple to fix, but we still do it.

Actually being a good coach and making good football decisions which I don't think is going to happen in Gibbs case. He refuses to learn from his mistakes and refuses to try to put teams away so this season (yet again) is a wash.

And how is this different from any other coach/season under this ownership regime?

I think it would start with a little heart to heart between Gibbs and Snyder after the season. I can almost imagine Dan saying, "Joe, you know I can never fire you, but have you ever considered stepping back into retirement, and not fulfilling the final year of your contract?" And Joe would reply, "You know, I really haven't given that any thought at all yet." And Snyder says, "Joe, I really wish you would, I really do!"

Good point but the skins always comeback what kills us really is are redzone offense if we would have scored td's instead of field goals we would be sitting right next to dallas and green bay for the best record in the nfc period! We have proved we can beat the best they just can't finish them off.

Agreed, our Red zone offense is laughable, but again Turnovers are the achilles heel.

Think how many points the bucs would have scored without our turnovers...maybe 3 or 6. That equals a W.

How many points would have the Bills scored 9 or 12, equals redskin W

Turnover late on game winnning drive against Cowboys, without that good chance we WIN.

I'm not trying to be a homer suggestin would definitely would have won all those games, but percentages swing way in our favor.

:D

I think it would start with a little heart to heart between Gibbs and Snyder after the season. I can almost imagine Dan saying' date=' "Joe, you know I can never fire you, but have you ever considered stepping back into retirement, and not fulfilling the final year of your contract?" And Joe would reply, "You know, I really haven't given that any thought at all yet." And Snyder says, "Joe, I really wish you would, I really do!...[b']I NEED MORE CONTROL OF THIS TEAM![/b]"

Fixed that for ya...

We just gotta stop turning the ball over..Its simple, but we still cant seem to fix it..Most of our losses came because we couldn't hold onto the ball..The packers loss, the cowboys loss, the bucs loss, and the bills loss.

The packers game if Santana didn't fumble, we would have won.

The cowboys game if Jason Campbell didn't fumble and have a late INT, we probably would have won.

The bucs game, if we didn't turn the ball over 6 times we would have won.

And in the bills game, we had 2 turnovers that led to 6 points, in a game we lost by 1.

So pretty much we need to quit beating ourselves..Sounds simple to fix, but we still do it.

Read my post above, coudn't agree more with you..Everyone knows we gotta stop, but like you said we find a way to TURNOVER the ball!!!

It is the one stat in the NFL that is undeniable..you turn the ball over you lose!!

Not accepting the excuses for losing and just playing hoping to win. Losing that mindset would go a long way toward preparing the team to win. Don't be conservative in attitude, both in their approach to and playing the game. Stop being apologetic and start challenging yourselves to play with enthusiasm, confidence and a will to win. The talent is there to get the job done.

When this team decides they ARE going to win a game instead of playing not to lose ... they will start winning.

I've watched every game I've had a chance to watch, being in the Dallas area, it's not easy. Several times there have been games that are blowouts and they move to a more "competitive" game. Every one of these games has been a Skins game! I then sit and watch them try to protect the lead instead of using the killer instinct and drive a stake into the other team's heart. How many times this year have the Patriots cruised to a win with the lead? NONE!!!!! They keep right on scoring ... No such thing as running up the score in the NFL, these guys are paid to score.

Hold onto the ball (NO TURNOVERS!) and drive it down into the end zone! That's the way you win!

:dallasuck

Turnovers,red-zone play calling and giving up big plays late to put teams in FG range as was last week and vs the Cardinals must be fixed along with better clock mgmt,QB accuracy,WRs holding onto passes,better run production,more use of Cooley in the 2nd half and more pressure on opponents QBs.These are just a fewthings that come to mind.

Archived