Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Statistics project (Sean Taylor related Poll) EDIT: need 3 more votes :)

Reic

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Hey ya'll

I am working on a statistics project and it requires survey questions, so I am making a poll for people to answer for my data.

It involves the shooter of Sean Taylor and wether you believe he should be tried as an adult.

If so, Life Sentence, Death Sentence or other sentence.

Try to be unbiased as possible.

Hey ya'll

I am working on a statistics project and it requires survey questions, so I am making a poll for people to answer for my data.

It involves the shooter of Sean Taylor and wether you believe he should be tried as an adult.

Florida tries minors as adults in special cases. I don't know if they execute them but I know Texas executes the mentally ill.

Regardless of the poll, I think the death sentense is likely on the table. What a horrific crime. Shot to death in his bedroom, in front of his 16 month old child and girlfriend. They broke the door down in order to kill him... I think the guy's going to fry...

Virginia, Flordia and Texas are the biggest death penelty states. I believe Virginia executes a higher percentage of our citizens and inmates than the other two. Their's a statistical statement for you.

Hey ya'll

Can you provide more info? How old is he? Are there extenuating circumstances (e.g. mental defeciencies)? Previous criminal record?

Can you provide more info? How old is he? Are there extenuating circumstances (e.g. mental defeciencies)? Previous criminal record?

The guy is 17 years old, the other three guys were all adults... The State of florida detemined yesterday the juvinile will be tried as an adult.

I think that means all four guys are facing the death sentence. The law says if someone is killed in the process of a crime, everybody involved in that crime can be charged with the murder. At least that's what I remember from Hawaii five O..

I truly don't know enough about the case to make a decision yet. I don't think any of us do, and that's a good thing.

Generally, I support charging juveniles of 15 or older as adults, especially when the murders they commit are particularly brutal or gruesome. However, I know myself well enough to understand that I have a pretty strong bias in this case; my love of the Redskins, and my affection for Sean Taylor. I know that I have to be careful to avoid those issues clouding my judgement; or allowing me to RUSH to judgement.

We're basing our judgements right now on precious little information. I mean, we all looked at the knife on the bed eight days before the murder and thought, "that's a sign, they're coming back to get him." Turns out, that was completely off-base, as the PD has stated the incident was the result of a random burglary.

I don't know about you guys, but I made a plethora of mistakes when I was 17. Obviously, I never killed anybody, but I made some decisions that could have had some serious consequences. I was lucky. Did this kid just make a stupid mistake, and not have the same luck? I truly don't know.

The only thing I do know is that if this kid gets four years in a juvy facility, and gets released with a clear record at 21, I will be absolutely furious. Of that much, I AM sure.

I truly don't know enough about the case to make a decision yet. I don't think any of us do, and that's a good thing.

That's why I was looking for more info. I genearlly don't believe that a single violent conviction should trigger the death penalty. Assuming that he is of sound mind and that he has been convicted for other potentially lethal crimes (e.g. armed robbery), then that's a different story. If he is pretty clean and has this one case, I would say no.

More of an opinion at this point.

My opinion is all of these guys will be facing the death sentense. The 17 year old is likely going to get the chair. This is a very public case, and the crime was gruesome, given the proximity of Shaun's child and baby mamma. I also believe that it's considered premeditated because the kid brought the gun to the crime, and that is intent.

I think the other three/four guys continued existance will hinge on the question of whether they knew the 17 year old was packing...

As always my opinion isn't an informed opinion ..

That is a statement of fact. Florida law allows him to be tried as an adult (he is 17) but the law does not allow the execution of minors, or people who were minors at the time of the crime.

will they consider how close to 18 he was?

I don't know about you guys, but I made a plethora of mistakes when I was 17. Obviously, I never killed anybody, but I made some decisions that could have had some serious consequences. I was lucky. Did this kid just make a stupid mistake, and not have the same luck? I truly don't know.

I agree with this. Lord knows i did some stupid/dangerous/illegal things when i was 17. This kid shouldnt forfeit his whole life.

But he did kill a man for no ****ing reason. So he should forfeit a significant portion of it.

Archived