Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seahawks, Cowboys, Jags, Falcons

DieHard86

Said I wouldn't do it before the Skins won a game, but hey, this is what we do each December, why break the tradition?

After we beat the Bears, root for:

Seahawks to take care of Arizona at home,

Jaguars to take out the Panthers,

Falcons to beat the Saints on MNF,

and yes, if you can stomach it, Dallas to edge Detroit.

Yep, we control our own destiny for the most part. I would be SHOCKED if 9-7 didn't get us in.. and if things fell perfectly, 8-8 would give us a shot as well. But 9-7 is close to a lock.

Also...keep on eye on Giants-Eagles. Technically, we may want Philly to lose to eliminate them, but if they beat the Giants and then we beat the Giants the following week, then NY enters this mess as well-- and with a trip to Buffalo and the Patriots looming-- a collapse would still be possible.

Yep, we control our own destiny for the most part. I would be SHOCKED if 9-7 didn't get us in.. and if things fell perfectly, 8-8 would give us a shot as well. But 9-7 is close to a lock.

Also...keep on eye on Giants-Eagles. Technically, we may want Philly to lose to eliminate them, but if they beat the Giants and then we beat the Giants the following week, then NY enters this mess as well-- and with a trip to Buffalo and the Patriots looming-- a collapse would still be possible.

I think this is the silver lining I have been looking for. I wold LOVE to see the Gmen stumble down the stretch. It all starts on Thursday night fellas. Let's do this, we are gonna have to get or running game going, especially with snow on the ground.

Do NOT kick it to Devin Hester! HTTR!

I like this thread. If the "we're done" crowd wouldn't mind not posting in this one, that'd just be super.

I was thinking about it last night -- if we can get by the Bears -- and denying Hester the ball would be a huge step towards that, then we'll have 10 days to get ready for the Vagiants. 10 days. That's a pretty big deal. You can do a lot of healing, resting, and preparation in 10 days.

I still believe.

It will be hard to root for Dallas, but it is necessary this time.

Can't do that. Root for Dallas, have it be for naught (should we not win enough games in the end), then end up regretting the "momentary crossing of the enemy lines" for the whole offseason? Can't do it.

Besides, who's worried about Detroit? They'll lose again (and again) anyway, without needed to root for Dallas. And if we tie them record-wise, we hold tie-breaker via head-to-head matchup.

Oh, who are we kidding? This chase is over.

I like this thread. If the "we're done" crowd wouldn't mind not posting in this one, that'd just be super.

Uhh, sorry. This was one of those rare times I didn't read all the posts before spouting my own giberish.

Oh, who are we kidding? This chase is over.

:doh: [quietly slinks out of room]

I am taking a "Hope for the best, but expect the worst" philosophy from here on out. I guess we lost a whole lot more than just a few games thus far this year. Therefore if they win then great, I'll be happy, but if they lose, I'll be disappointed but life goes on.

Said I wouldn't do it before the Skins won a game, but hey, this is what we do each December, why break the tradition?

After we beat the Bears, root for:

Seahawks to take care of Arizona at home,:applause:

Jaguars to take out the Panthers,:applause:

Falcons to beat the Saints on MNF,:applause:

and yes, if you can stomach it, Dallas to edge Detroit.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Yeah its funny I find myself actually hoping NE goes undefeated. If NY losses some they will be in this mess like you said. Hopefully the Pats will have a reason to play hard the last game and beat NY. It would be great if Skins and someone else got in thats not NY.. :) Something to hope for... "You neva neva know" Sol Rosenberger of Jerky Boy fame...

Archived