Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offseason Improvements

W1N_SKINS

It may be early to look ahead to the offseason but im going to do it anyways.

What we need to fix in the offseason....

1. O-line

We need to get rid of of janson and pete kendal they are getting old and less effective

2. D-line other than andre carter we need to get a new D-line

3. Wr- we need a big target for campbell...bring back Mcants he caught a lot od TD's in the redzone

4. FS- its tough but we need to adress the lack of a free saftey

5. out with the old in with the new we need some young fresh talent that we can develop

any ideas? :point2sky

1. O-line

We need to get rid of of janson and pete kendal they are getting old and less effective

3. Wr- we need a big target for campbell...bring back Mcants he caught a lot od TD's in the redzone

5. out with the old in with the new we need some young fresh talent that we can develop

1. Why would you get rid of two good OL? That just doesnt make sense...

2. Yes the DL needs to be addressed thru FA or Draft

3. Yes we need a possession WR but def not McCants...are you crazy?

4. Yes FS/SS needs to be addressed thru FA or Draft

5. We will have a larger draft class next year so that should somewhat remedy that

1.make the older guys renegotiate unless they are playing well or turn it into incentives,cut only if they want to be greedy.

2.draft DE/DT on the first day

3.possibly draft a WR on the first day

4.Ken Hamlin and Gibril Wilson are UFA,there the only worthy starters out there right now.

5.there will be some negotiations going on for sure

1. I disagree, keep both. Jansen is still a starting calibre RT and Pete Kendall is probably the second best lineman on our team (third if Thomas was healthy). He's not going to have a lot left in the tank so I suggest drafting a G in the first day of the draft. We've seen what losing Thomas can do, imagine if we lost both G's. Heyer and Wade are both quality backup T's, we need to hang on to both. Pucillo lost some value now that Alexander is playing jumbo and Pucillo was bumped down the depth chart. I'd like to hang on to him as well but if it becomes a numbers game he's out.

2. Defensive line is obviously a priority. Our guys have overachieved this year but once again they will be a year older. Griff is still a good player but he isn't the force he was in 04 or 05. Philip Daniels is the king of swatting down passes and he's smart enough to go for the ball when he can't reach the QB. That being said he can very rarely reach the QB. I would like to see a restructure that would allow us to keep Daniels. He could rotate between a run stuffing end /pass rushing DT in certain situations. A lot of ends around the league make this transition so I say we at least give it a try and see if we can get another year or two out of him as a reserve. At some point on the first day we need to take the best available D-lineman whether it is a DT or DE does not matter. I would much prefer to see this position adressed through the draft rather than FA.

3. WR would be great. We have a couple of options here. Bryant Johnson of the Cardinals will be a FA this year and will likely want to get out of the shadow of Boldin and Fitzgerald. He has good size at 6'3 and deep threat speed. He has been a quality reciever for Arizona and was actually drafted ahead of Boldin in the same draft class. Had Boldin not turned out to be so good he would likely be their #2. There are also so interesting prospects I would like in the draft. The only issue here becomes do we have enough picks at the top of the draft.

4. I don't think we adress FS with any kind of stud prospect/FA this year. There is no way anyone could fill the shoes Taylor has left and the expectations would just not be realistic. I think for a young player it would be too much pressure and hamper their development. In my opinion we sign a middle tier vet to compete with Reed and Pierson and put it off untill next season. Although I wouldn't mind Kenny Phillips.

5. Keep in mind that CB could become an issue. If we are forced to let Shawn Springs go due to cap reasons that leaves us with Rogers , Smoot, and Torrence as our top three with Eubanks holding down the nickel. I'm a big fan of both Torrence and Eubanks but I don't like the idea of them being relied on that heavily, espcially with the injuries that always mount up on our DB's. That could force Torrence and Eubanks into starting. We also don't know if Rogers is going to recover to the same form. Modern medicine is pretty damn good but the ACL is a serious injury. Look at Culpepper and he's a QB.

We definitely have some holes going into next season but luckily we have a full draft to adress as many needs as possible. Should be an interesting offseason this year.

1. Our offensive line, when healthy, is a top 5 line in the NFL. We just need to draft some depth for that line.

2. We have good depth at d-line but we could use another DE to play opposite Carter because Daniels is nearing the end of his career. Still playing pretty well though.

3. We can probably pick up a good big tall WR in the the later rounds of the draft.

4. Its unfortunate our elite safety tandem was cut so short. One possibility is using our first round pick on a safety.

5. We started the youth movement last offseason and it will most likely continue this year.

I think we have a huge glaring need at Corner. We need our first round pick to go to that position. Shawn Springs probably won't be here next year.

1. O-line

Disagree on some of these:

1. Jansen is still a good player, that was a fluke of an injury, and Kendall we just brought him in? We traded a pick for him and he needs to play out his contract. OUr issue is we need more depth. If there's a top notch player there in the draft, sure consider it, but I don't agree with just getting rid of Jansen or Kendal. Now ay.

2. Again disagree mostly. We have carter, Monty and Golston and Evans. We do need to get a nother quailty DE, and we need at least one more DT.

3. I agree we need a big Posession WR, I don't necesarily agree that we need to look at this as a priority in the draft though. Fixing the Oline gives more time to get the ball to receivers. However, I think we could target 1 or 2 guys in the draft, and if they aren't there then don't worry. But I don't necessarily think we need to break the bank on a FA Acquisition here either.

4. This is a Well Duh kind of thing, I just think we need to try and get one in Free Agency, I don't want another rookie back there beside of Landry just yet, so go get a Free Agent there if we can, and draft some depth maybe.

5. This is always true.

1. Our offensive line, when healthy, is a top 5 line in the NFL. We just need to draft some depth for that line.

It really isn't top 5. There is no reason to think so.

Personally I've been trumpeting Ndekwue who is on the Ravens practice squad right now. (for depth and development)

Bugel had him before. I thought he looked promising anyway.

It really isn't top 5. There is no reason to think so.

Personally I've been trumpeting Ndekwue who is on the Ravens practice squad right now. (for depth and development)

Bugel had him before. I thought he looked promising anyway.

In 2006 when our o-line was healthy we were 4th in rushing and 3rd in sacks given up. Thats a surefire top 5 o-line.

1. O-line

We don't need to get rid of Kendall and Jansen but we need young OL depth and/or replacements to groom all of this is available in rounds 1-4 in the draft.

We need a pass-rushing DE and a talented FS badly. That's why (depending on where we fall in the draft) we should aim for Kenny Phillips @ FS or Chris Long @ DE.

I like Kenny Phillips as our #1 choice up to this point. There is a lot of solid DE talent in round 2 this year.

Use the rest of our picks on OL, maybe sign Alan Faneca.

And as far as WR goes, we need to throw to Anthony Mix (especially in the red zone) and see what he has to offer, I have a feeling he may work out and we should be good at WR as long as Caldwell/McCardell both stay.:2cents:

1. Gibbs, Bugel, Breaux.................. Sayonara!

2. Cerrato................ CUL8R!

3. See #1 & #2

4. Hire GM.

5.. Let the answer to #4 figure out the rest.

OK, this post made me laugh.

I think we might want to address the training staff and strength and conditioning. So many nitpicky, nagging injuries. Do you think we could steal some from the PATs for $$$?

marcus trufant is a FA Cb after this yr, i think the skins should get him, it takes too long to groom a CB. and i say we draft phillips for the FS position. there are 2 needs takin care of, then we could use the rest of the draft for perhaps a WR and get depth at OL and DL

We don't need to get rid of Kendall and Jansen but we need young OL depth and/or replacements to groom all of this is available in rounds 1-4 in the draft.

We need a pass-rushing DE and a talented FS badly. That's why (depending on where we fall in the draft) we should aim for Kenny Phillips @ FS or Chris Long @ DE.

I like Kenny Phillips as our #1 choice up to this point. There is a lot of solid DE talent in round 2 this year.

Use the rest of our picks on OL, maybe sign Alan Faneca.

And as far as WR goes, we need to throw to Anthony Mix (especially in the red zone) and see what he has to offer, I have a feeling he may work out and we should be good at WR as long as Caldwell/McCardell both stay.:2cents:

I totaly agree with you...:cheers:

who would be missing from that line?

Check my screen name if you need a hint.

Dockery? Are you serious? There is no way in hell he is worth what the Bills paid for him.

Kendall is a much better o lineman and is better at pulling and getting out in front. If you take the time and watch the games Pete is almost always out in front when a good run is made. What's making it difficult for our o-line at this time is Randy thomas and Jansen being out. With our inability to run right defenses know we're going left our running game is way too predictable. Dockery wasn't very light on his feet and was a liability on plays where he had to pull. He'd still be starting on this team but he wasn't a "rock" by no stretch of the imagination and damn sure wasn't worth $49M.

I think it would be good to get a possession WR. But at the same time we have Espy, who I think will turn out to be a good possession WR when healthy, but he is only 6'0 right? We also have Mix. If he can get into a regular spot on the offense, we now have a 6'5" guy that can make the jump and catch. Those two guys are young and could be good for us for a while.

The defensive line gets zero pressure these days. I am a fan of Chris Wilson. Guy has a motor. Montgomery can only get better. I like Golston as well. They just have to get more pressure on the freaking QB.

FS wouldn't hurt and the same goes with CB. I am more worried about CB right now though.

I wouldn't mind getting some quality young lineman either. Jansen is becoming more injury prone and Kendall is getting up there. I think Heyer will be an awesome replacement for Jansen at some point. Maybe next year, who knows.

Archived