Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you feel about ESPN and their Sean Taylor coverage

Ruchizzle

I thought the piece that they did on ESPN just now was disgusting. The part that really pissed me off was the negative things they said about him in the Pro Bowl as if the big hit he laid on Mormon was a bad thing. I dont even remember one person complaining about it at the time that it happened. The whole piece was just too negative.

I thought the piece that they did on ESPN just now was disgusting. The part that really pissed me off was the negative things they said about him in the Pro Bowl as if the big hit he laid on Mormon was a bad thing. I dont even remember one person complaining about it at the time that it happened. The whole piece was just too negative.

I agree I was watching PTI earlier and it seems like Wilbon feels like a ass for saying what he said yesterday..

i feel the exact same way.

the fact that they took something like a big hit in a pro bowl and cast a negative angle on it which just disgusting and hard to believe. you play football at one speed, and that's full go. It wasn't illegal or dirty, he simply made a play to try to help his team win

ive had some problems with ESPN over the years including their love for certain teams (pats cowboys) but that is to be expected. You have to give the people what they want sometimes.

This is a whole different thing. They have been disrespectful, focusing only on the negative, ignoring the positive, and really not shedding any light on the fact that a budding superstar, a fine, respectful young man, father, boyfriend, and son, lost his life in a tragedy. Pay the damn man his respects and just don't talk about the negative for a little while

i agree. showing him in court was bs. they barely focused on him as of recent.

I think it's been fairly balanced, I enjoyed listening to Mark Schlereth talking about how Gibbs was the best equipped coach to deal with this. I do object to certain stories that imply he was asking for trouble because of his past, nobody no matter what their past deserves to be shot in their own home.

I haven't been following their coverage a whole lot, but their video montage and recount of his carreer and life left me upset. I didn't have an issue with the fact that they brought up the publicized troubles that he had with the law, but they found a way to even ruin the Pro Bowl mention by saying that it was "somewhat tarnished" for hitting a punter that was running a FAKE PUNT IN THE PRO BOWL. I can't that I expected anything else from ESPN though.

ESPN's coverage has been a disgrace. They have focused on Taylor's shortcomings rather than the fact that everyone that they have talked to has had nothing but positive things to say. They have spinned their story the way they want, why I don't know, but I am ashamed for them since they seem to have none themselves. But I stopped watching ESPN for anything other than the occasional highlight years ago. Sean was a troubled young man who had begun to turn his life around with the birth of his daughter and he had the support of his family,friends and the Redskin organization, to focus on one without the other is simply ignorant and biased.

I totally agree. I disagreed mostly with their coverage, but can live with the arrests being included because that's part of what defined him as a football player, right or wrong. That was the story line. I'd just as soon they jettison that, though.

But this bull**** about the Pro Bowl? Paraphrasing was something along the lines of: "...in 2006 when he made his first Pro Bowl. But even that was <something> when he hit Brian Moorman on a fake field goal." Where <something> was discredited or questionable or dishonored or some nonsense like that.

Brian Moorman was hit on a legal play, got up, and congratuled Taylor. Tens of thousands of fans watching the game immediately got interested in what happened. The announcers called it entertainingly. That kind of hit was what made Sean Taylor one of the greatest players in the National Football League, one of the best entertainers in the game, and one of my favorite Redskins. He played like he gave a **** even in a Pro Bowl game, because legendary players don't just turn it on and off because they have funny uniforms on.

It was a totally gratuituous shot at Taylor. He did nothing wrong in that Pro Bowl and, as far as I'm concerned, earned his right to be there with that hit. That's what made him one of the best safeties in the game.

I agree I was watching PTI earlier and it seems like Wilbon feels like a ass for saying what he said yesterday..

_________________I tried to catch that as I am still upset after yesterdays comments, however I missed it, was it heartfelt?

Hold on watching now. "Certain quarters of DC"?

On His comments, "Charges as of June of 06, not surprised? With Sean Taylor still not surprised?"

"To talk about this as a purely football story would be naive", only mentioned tragic once.

Wilbon could go to prison with no panties on and his mouth taped shut for all I care. F-Him. Heartless Talking Head.

I'm not surprised the E!SPN has done a hack job of coverage on this, they are the same buncha clowns that rip us the rest of the time so it's not like I had much respect to lose for them. I was impressed with Schlereth though, today was probably the first time I can remember him ever saying anything positive about his years in DC. He seemed genuinely moved when talking about Coach Gibbs.

ESPN is fueled by the Media and reporters and since Sean didnt give them the time of day, this is what you are going to get from them.

They saying they are not surprised about what happen to Sean I can say Im not surprised with the way they handled the coverage. They didnt like Sean and it shows.

Oh and believe me if Sean had any other logo on his helmet it would be different. I wont say who because they have been more classy and supportive then the worldwide leaders in sports.

so eff them.

espn sucks and it pisses me off the way they don't want to work for a the "real story"...like they quickly google and throw it together...

There is more to this story...who wants to tell it?

The Moorman thing...the guy had the ball and was running for the first down...ST is used to hitting strong runners...how is he supposed to gage for a noodle with the ball...if he had hit a real runner it wouldnt have been such a wow hit...ESPN sucks.

Embarrassing. The coverage has been embarrassing. I suggest to anyone who is angry about their coverage to email their Ombudsman. She has been very good in her tenure and will mention this coverage in her next column to be sure.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?id=2826900

If this were any of the teams in the Northeast, they would have 24/7 coverage.

ESPN's coverage is disreputable. Here's why they ran that taped thing for several hours. Now they are playing catchup trying to come up with things about taylor, and the best they can come up with is a detailed ulogy of all his mis steps? Only one mention of oh yeah he missed the last two games but lead the league in interceptions. What an utter disgrace.

ESPN has always been a joke. This just confirmed it for me.

There has been more coverage but too much of ESPN went, "ya but he was also a dirty player" like it makes it less sad than before.

I have made sure I don't watch ESPN unless I absolutely have to (skins game on)

i really hate espn with all my heart. they ruin the sporting world with the aweful thrown together segments they host. The station really does a horrible job of finding 60 seconds worth of information that is relevant to a topic and filling it in with highlights and bull $*it to make an entire episode. i havent even bothered to watch that station for news on this horrible and sad event. nobody outside of the miami and DC area can really report about this tragedy without ruining the story. Much love Sean, you will be missed forever.

Hail to Sean Taylor!

Hail to the Redskins!

ESPN's coverage has been a disgrace. They have focused on Taylor's shortcomings rather than the fact that everyone that they have talked to has had nothing but positive things to say. They have spinned their story the way they want, why I don't know, but I am ashamed for them since they seem to have none themselves. But I stopped watching ESPN for anything other than the occasional highlight years ago. Sean was a troubled young man who had begun to turn his life around with the birth of his daughter and he had the support of his family,friends and the Redskin organization, to focus on one without the other is simply ignorant and biased.

Couldn't agree with this statement more...

Archived