Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Harold McLinton

Ax

The closest thing I can think of to compare to this senseless tragedy, is one that happened in October of 1980.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_McLinton

Although Harold McLinton had been retired for two years at the time of his death, he was a well liked, and respected player of the Redskins family. I'm sure he still had many friends on the team, who had to finish the season.

Those coaches and players might be able to help our current group cope with this.

As a fan, I remember well, feeling like I'd lost a friend when Harold was killed. I feel the same way today.

Yes! I remember the TANK. He was one of my fav. Redskins of the 70's. I wore #53 in high school to honor him.

His passing was sad, but Sean's death is different to me. It's one thing when a person takes ill or is the victim of an unfortunate accident, but another thing to be murdered. Something to do with fate vs. evil.

Yes! I remember the TANK. He was one of my fav. Redskins of the 70's. I wore #53 in high school to honor him.

His passing was sad, but Sean's death is different to me. It's one thing when a person takes ill or is the victim of an unfortunate accident, but another thing to be murdered. Something to do with fate vs. evil.

Agreed.

I was just thinking the comparison of a team dealing with the loss of a teammate, former in Harold's case, during a football season.

Jerome Brown was during the offseason.

Derrick Thomas was after his team's season was over.

Hey man! I remember Harold Mclinton. I still have a elementary picture I took with him when I was in the 5th grade. Man! some fan I am, I didn't even know this happen to him in 1980. The picture is still in my moms photo album in Suitland, Md.

Archived