Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Refs

2cents

the fix is in, it seems like, doesn't it?

Actually we have this game, but Raye's not to blame.

Davis WAS getting the ball, passes with high percentage and shots downfield may have been taken (I can't see the game), but the one thing "I" noticed was this:

Every dam* time Davis makes a good run, we get called for a MF penalty. Add to that that Banks can't complete within the same series for at least 4 or passes in a row and that only keeps other teams in the game!

Then the D gets used up, no matter how good they play

and then we lose!

Why o' why do we do exactly what the other team needs to fuc** lose>?????

Why do we PLAY DOWN TO THIER LEVEL IN ORDER TO MAKE THE PLAYS HARDER TO EXECUTE, WHEN WE KNOW WE CAN"T RELY ON OFFICIALS FOR THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME!!!!! Marty run the ball and stop with these bs high shool plays. Ask the lineman, how many "really" believe they should go to the Pro Bowl???? Stop giving the refs an excuse to use by skipping the trash talking and play fuc** ball, before you embarrass yourselves!

I did notice a few things that should have been called, but weren't. (Some holding, and a facemask, by Philly's tackles).

But, the flags thrown against us were earned.

OK, that one foul for the Skins reciever, don't remember who, who ran back into the line on a running play and shoved an Eagle in the back, was a really wimpy call. It was a lousy one-handed shove. The kind of thing the officials call when they're trying to say they're going to be strict with the rules. But it was still a boneheaded move on our part.

I don't understand the (lack of) call later, on a Skins punt, where that one Eagle was bouncing on our gunner, preventing him from standing, what looked like 10 seconds after the play, while the official stands there and watches. (Was that scene taped, and shown after the kick, perhaps?) I normally don't think the officials are biased, just sometimes wrong. But I think LaVarr would have gotten 15 yards, a suspension, and $25K for that.

[edited.gif by Larry on December 16, 2001.]

I will say this about the refs: after the play, the Eagles were consistently piling on and hitting late while the Redskins were clearly backing off! And somehow, the only personal foul of the game went against us?

Refs have made it clear that personal fouls against the Redskins are perfectly acceptable, yet, at the same time, the Redskins will be watched with an eagle eye and be called on every minor infraction.

Guest birdsforever

Yeah those refs man they really blew this game. God I can't believe the line judge who dropped that possible touchdown pass!!! And the other ref - you know the one wearing the hat who fumbled that punt - boy they have to get rid of him. Boy oh boy here they come excuses excuses excuses. Good thing the game wasn't played at 1:00 instead of 4:00 because then we'd hear about how bad the sun was.

Yeah, birdsforever...complaining about the refs automatically means we are blaming them for losing, right?

God forbid that we ever complain about anything! We wouldn't want to take any credit whatsoever away from the Eagles.

We obviously ran into the reincarnation of the 1970's Steelers and should have nothing to complain about.

Guest birdsforever

No ryskin being upset about losing is normal. But trying to put blame on the refs for bad calls is simply looking for an excuse and ignoring the truth that the birds simply played better today. If accepting that is so hard then just be upset and not look for excuses and take away from the eagles effort. The first game the skins defense played well agains the eagles offense. This game the birds defense simply kicked *** and the offense came through with enough plays to win. Simple as that - no excuses needed!! Take the hit and move on.

Guest birdsforever

Originally posted by birdsforever:

No ryskin being upset about losing is normal. But trying to put blame on the refs for bad calls is simply looking for an excuse and ignoring the truth that the birds simply played better today. If accepting that is so hard then just be upset and not look for excuses and take away from the eagles effort. The first game the skins defense played well agains the eagles offense. This game the birds defense simply kicked *** and the offense came through with enough plays to win. Simple as that - no excuses needed!! Take the hit and move on.

And further more - no maybe they aren't the 70 steelers but they are leading the friggin league in points allowed!!! Give them the credit thier due will you and stop complaining!! Its really annoying!!!

I have accepted the fact that the Redskins lost and I have already begun to think about our next game. But you seem to think that every criticism of a Redskins player or, in this case, officiating is a slap in the face of the Eagles, which is not.

I don't blame the refs one bit for this loss...but the Redskins seem to have become a marked team as far as personal foul penalties are concerned. But the outcome of the game was not changed.

Passionate fans complain after their team loses! That is normal, and every team has fans like this (except maybe the Cards, who have no fans). The Eagles certainly have a great defense but the Redskins turnover were due as much to poor execution on the Redskins part as they were to great defense.

Oh Cr@p guys, better back off! Apparently the Eagles fans are annoyed. The refs are off limits after a loss, get it! Good. Also, talking about ways that our team broke down where we shouldn't have is off limits. To look for improvement in our team only belittles the triumph and glory that is the Eagles. This discussion should bask in the glow of the beautiful creation that is Philly football, may the gods continue to shine on their greatness. So stop complaining!! It just shows poor taste to say things that annoy Eagles fans here on our discussion board.

Sorry Birdsfagever these guys can be so disrespectful. And thanks for that points allowed stat. It was interesting. I've just heard, though, that you've moved into second place on the season in the pricks-in-the-stands statistic after that huge play in Cleveland yesterday. Not to worry though, you're lifetime achievement speaks for itself and you are way out in front in the NFC.

BTW. Thanks for quoting your entire post IN THE VERY NEXT POST. Brilliant emphatic strategy.

BTW. Thanks for quoting your entire post IN THE VERY NEXT POST. Brilliant emphatic strategy.

But so that I understand, we "played defense well" when we held you to 3 points, but you "kicked***" when you held us to 6 points. Do we rate the lesser affirmation because holding you to 3 points isn't that big a deal?

Archived